Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Wimbledon 2012 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wimbledon 2012 (37423 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
Murray would win the GS when the English National foootball team wins the World Cup
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Tropilo(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Karpenter: Most of your analysis on Murray is not far from the truth but my grouse is your wholesome attack on the entire Isle that showed some hate.
The unprovoked attack is unfair on the people(s) of Britain. Its same when some people take up hating and hitting on Nigeria and Nigerians, it does not go down well with us also. We love Britain and even more our heritage and fatherland NIGERIA. Easy, my brother!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
femzy:

[size=13pt]First all, your posts just got me smiling.
We are talking about 5 setter slams where you need added stamina and you are calling names like beating Bagdahtis,Isner and Karlovic who only serves without backing it up with basic tennis as a feat. I doubt if you know what it takes to win a single GS(please ask the top 3). Next time if you want to bring valid points to us, please talk about the best.
With a record of losing 0-3 in his past GS finals each time in straight sets is enough reasons to tell the whole world he needs something extra. I can forgive his inexperience to lose to Great Fed in the US open finals 08 but losing consistently to my dear Novak in the Aus 10 & 11 finals in straight set tells me or anyone he shows consistency in losing at big moments. I can go on and on why Murray is just a hype but in cusory please just know that Murray is a good ( not great) player playing in a wrong era. I don't and won't type much on this tablet as I won't like to kill your dreams. wink . [/size]
well said.however there are some salient points to be considered.different players have different strategies.federer is an all-courter,novak is an offensive player while murray is a pusher.pushers generally lack the aggressiveness of the attacking players and dont tend to smash as often as the all-courter.pushers prefer to push their opponents into making unforced errors.thats why they're called pushers.in the game against karlovic,the big guy made 42 unforced errors including 12 line errors.thats what a pusher does.however,they have a vulnerability which eperienced all-courters and offensive players take advantage of,a backhand lob to the wide left at a precise point in the rhythm destabilises their game.baghdatis tried to do that and had measurable success.federer used the strategy in the US and novak used in in australia.however as was evident from the baghdatis game,murray has learnt rather fast how to switch to the offensive.he's no longer just a pusher but a dual-strategist like becker.credit for that goes to lendl and if murray wins in wimbledon,it will be because he got himself a coach that changed his strategy.however,for him to have gotten to number 2 on the rankings as a pusher is an achievement in itself.thats why he is regarded as the best pusher of all time.if he doesnt win at wimbledon,its just a matter of time before the slams start rolling in
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu: Murray would win the GS when the English National foootball team wins the World Cup
i reject it in the name of Jesus,Allah,Vishnu,Osiris,adonis,zeus,astarte,baal,dagon etc
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
Santino1:

you beat me to it....

they ain't winning Nada.... grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin i'm very sure this time that your player is not winning too grin grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
montelik: Karpentar is very correct in some respect. Murray has shown no issues dispatching and dominating all the other men on the ATP. The problem is the top 3, particularly at the grand slams, when these guys are usually at their best. Murray needs to be more aggressive when facing the likes of Roger, Novak and Rafa in the slams. if he wants a slam, he will likely face one, if not two of them in the latter stage and unless they are out of form, his present laid-back, defensive and wait for the opening/mistake approach against them likely wont be enough, it may work at the other ATP events, but not during the grand slams.

murray can not play more than his abilty , these 3 guys are better simple , sorry he came at the wrong time grin grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
femzy:

Who are these people ...lmaoffff

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2012
fredoooooo:

grin grin grin grin grin i'm very sure this time that your player is not winning too grin grin grin grin

you said the same during Roland Garros and I'm sure you still remember how it went... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2012
Delafruita. You have said it yourself. Murray needs to adapt or pray for d demise of d top 3. Even Novak went to revitalize his game after a few disappointments, and now he is dominating. Murray will be sitting on a very "long thing" if he is just waiting for slams to start rolling in.

Murray always looks like he has learned how to be more aggressive against the lower ranked guys, but once its the big boys, he goes back to his laid-back approach. We will see if he has really changed.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
femzy:

We are talking about 5 setter slams where you need added stamina and you are calling names like beating Bagdahtis,Isner and Karlovic who only serves without backing it up with basic tennis as a feat. I doubt if you know what it takes to win a single GS(please ask the top 3). Next time if you want to bring valid points to us, please talk about the best.
With a record of losing 0-3 in his past GS finals each time in straight sets is enough reasons to tell the whole world he needs something extra. I can forgive his inexperience to lose to Great Fed in the US open finals 08 but losing consistently to my dear Novak in the Aus 10 & 11 finals in straight set tells me or anyone he shows consistency in losing at big moments. I can go on and on why Murray is just a hype but in cusory please just know that Murray is a good ( not great) player playing in a wrong era. I don't and won't type much on this tablet as I won't like to kill your dreams. wink . [/size]
you forget that nadal lost to rosol and federer almost lost to benneteau.i admit murray has a poor record against the top 3 but the point is he's 25.probably got 5 more good years left in him.he plays cilic next and after that probably del potro or ferrer and then possibly tsonga in the semis before meeting novak or roger.its a long way to go and he could stumble at any of those stages.i personally feel the pressure is immense and its possible he could win his first slam in australia where he seems to play well.however i hope he surmounts all the hurdles and gets wimbledon.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
You say Murray is young please how old is Nadal and Novak
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2012
Santino1:

you said the same during Roland Garros and I'm sure you still remember how it went... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this time it will not happen grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2012
montelik: Delafruita. You have said it yourself. Murray needs to adapt or pray for d demise of d top 3. Even Novak went to revitalize his game after a few disappointments, and now he is dominating. Murray will be sitting on a very "long thing" if he is just waiting for slams to start rolling in.

Murray always looks like he has learned how to be more aggressive against the lower ranked guys, but once its the big boys, he goes back to his laid-back approach. We will see if he has really changed.

i have been #teammurray for five years.i have followed his game closely and it was evident from the moment he stripped his mother of her influence and appointed that his game had improved.shortly after he had the best game of his life against novak at the aussie semis where they went 5 sets.he has made the shift from been just a pusher to been a dual-strategist.his offensive game is now more pronounced and there's fluidity in his movement.in the game against baghdatis,murray of old would have probably smashed a racket and 2 and gotten frustrated when he was down by 5-2.but he maintained his composure,did a lot of wiping and got back into the game.thats a sign of a new murray and a sign of better things.i believe in murray and come what may,his slam will come and till then i remain #teammurray
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
femzy:

With a record of losing 0-3 in his past GS finals each time in straight sets is enough reasons to tell the whole world he needs something extra. I can forgive his inexperience to lose to Great Fed in the US open finals 08 but losing consistently to my dear Novak in the Aus 10 & 11 finals in straight set tells me or anyone he shows consistency in losing at big moments. I can go on and on why Murray is just a hype but in cusory please just know that Murray is a good[b] ( not great) player playing in a wrong era[/b]. I don't and won't type much on this tablet as I won't like to kill your dreams. wink . [/size]

I 100% Agree.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu: You say Murray is young please how old is Nadal and Novak
you missed the point.i said he's 25 and has probably 5 good years more to win a slam.ferrer is 30 and is still seeking a slam.roddick is 29 and still hitting the balls as good as ever.federer himself is still good.tennis players generally wa strong between 18-27.afterwards they decline
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 3:54am On Jul 02, 2012
Delafruita:
in the game against karlovic,[/b]the big guy made 42 unforced errors including 12 line errors.thats what a pusher does.however,they have a vulnerability which eperienced all-courters and offensive players take advantage of,a backhand lob to the wide left at a precise point in the rhythm destabilises their game.[b]baghdatis tried to do that and had measurable success.

It's obvious you don't listen!!!

And on the age issue; Rafa is just a year older than Murray and he has 11 GS in his shelves; hmmmm time is going, i repeat time is going. You talk about Ivan Lendl like though he was only employed yesterday. Even Lendl with 8GS played tennis in a different era. It's good to believe in him as he might reach the finals but winning is a STRONG doubt if not disbelieve. He and his fans keep reminding me of Arsenal. wink cheesy
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Basilona(m): 7:09am On Jul 02, 2012
femzy:

And on the age issue; Rafa is just a year older than Murray and he has 11 GS in his shelves; hmmmm time is going, i repeat time is going. You talk about Ivan Lendl like though he was only employed yesterday. Even Lendl with 8GS played tennis in a different era. It's good to believe in him as he might reach the finals but winning is a STRONG doubt if not disbelieve. He and his fans keep reminding me of Arsenal. wink cheesy

you're on point bro. Feel bad 4 him though. At least He's playing some good tennis unlike dat old foool, Tim Henman. But unfortunately He's playin in the wrong era or looking for a slam on the wrong surface coz I don't see him winnin the All-white slam not when the DJOKOVIC steamROLLER is in tow.
Go Djoker!!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2012
All my tips in action today. Should be action packed. Looking forward to Tsonga vs Fish
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2012
montelik: All my tips in action today. Should be action packed. Looking forward to Tsonga vs Fish

**Star Match**
Mardy has been playing well this tournament. He really served well against Goffin. Tsonga is looking to crack the top as usual.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by mystikal(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Huge day at Wimbledon today. Will Britain's Andy Murray win or Scotland's Andy Murray lose??
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
shedova might just take serena to 3 sets.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by mystikal(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
She did.

Meanwhile cant believe Kvitova is struggling against Schiavone.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
Team RF! Anyone know why Fed walked off earlier? I'm watching the game on mute :/
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
Way Too much Andy Murray Talk, he's a good solid play and nothing more than that.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
cheesy
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
Egba girl: Team RF! Anyone know why Fed walked off earlier? I'm watching the game on mute :/
He had some back problem. And Mallise too had a foot issue so the game was suspended.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
femzy:
He had some back problem. And Mallise too had a foot issue so the game was suspended.

Oh ok. Thanks! Was wondering what was going on. Its hard watching a tennis match on mute.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
Looks like Sharapova might not be going past this round. This is the first time I'm seeing Lisicki play and I'm liking her already.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Egbagirl(f): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
And its the end of the road for Sharapova!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
femzy:

i know how old andy is and i know time is going.its quite ironic that lendl himself never won at the all-england club.i also stated that i think andy's best chance of slam remains australia where he seems to be at his best.however i hope he wins winbledon and if he doesnt,i know he will win a slam soon.besides,i am an arsenal fan so you might read meaning into the similarity
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
I like your Hairstyle Egba Girl tongue
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2012
In fairness to Andy i don't think any of the old tennis greats would have won a title during this....

Federer/Nadal/Djoko era...

It's a whole new sport....Superior Athleticism...Light Years beyond what Pete,Bjorg,Conners,Laver,ect played

Maybe Andre (AA) Would have one a wimbledon title in this era had he went against Nadal....styles make matches

But anybody short of Andre Agassi, i dont think nobody would have won a major in this era playing against these 3

With that Being said...Andy is only a slightly above average Player still.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Bayern's Gnabry Given Standing Ovation After Four Goals In 7-2 Win (Photos) / Ronaldo Is Building £7million Mansion For His Family's Use When He Retires / Injured Messi Spotted Watching Barcelona Game With His 1st Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.