Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

The PACKAGE - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The PACKAGE (15823 Views)

The Package [crime Action Thriller] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The PACKAGE by kemiola89(f): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2012
Oh my! You got me glued to my phone! You are da bomb, keep the ball rolling.
Re: The PACKAGE by Sike(m): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2012
WoW!!!
Re: The PACKAGE by LarrySun(m): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2012
You're just too much! This is astonishingly great.
Re: The PACKAGE by mmalove(f): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2012
thats a very nice article
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
Larry-Sun:
You're just too much! This is astonishingly great.
thanks, it ours u know..
Re: The PACKAGE by lakeside4love(m): 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
Bros Okolie y u come stop na..am stucked already..abeg come continua dis tory..
Re: The PACKAGE by sherrylo: 6:59am On Jul 17, 2012
Okolie, i am wating for you to coutinue you story pls
Re: The PACKAGE by Sapphiredamsel(f): 7:06am On Jul 17, 2012
okolie wetin dey do u nah? Continue jor
Re: The PACKAGE by blank(f): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2012
Nice.

Compile the manuscript and send to me and i will proofread and edit for you.
Re: The PACKAGE by kokomuolo: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
@St Okolie thanks a lot for this wonderful refreshing piece of entertainment away from tribal bullets, religious arrows and wars,and vulgarism that litters Nairaland by Nairalanders.

Am Itching to read the rest
Re: The PACKAGE by adetunrayo(f): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
this is nice. more plssssssss
Re: The PACKAGE by lakeside4love(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
Where is dis dude na?berra come back here come continue dis tory b4 i change my mind...
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
thanks for all the nice words,
back to my tori

This is going to be the longest night in his life, Ali Kabiru's thought, it had seem as though time had just stood still,and when it moves it seem to take ten seconds for the normal one seconds rotation. The night so far had been eventful. He had thrown caution off the window,when he had driven straight to Abu street. The environment of the killings,only to call blacky's number and was told they were just leaving larang foods with the recorder. He had order them to take it to his hotel and wait for him. Although he would have love to collect the recorder en-route,but he just couldn't risk them having to stay on the road any-longer than required and increase the chances of arrest by those Joint task force mounting road blocks all over town.
The drive back to the hotel was some thing close to what he had seen those formular one racer cars do on high defination extreme sport channels. He had gotten to his hotel, and without futher ado collected the Digital Video Recorder from the pair.
Ali kabiru was no novice with computer and it components, especially when it comes to survalance system technologies. Back in the days when he had been in active service for the state security service He had work in survalance and cyber-crime division. And the knowlegde had come in handy and essential at obtaining some inffallible content of what he now refers to as the package,especially Since he could trust no one with it.

He plugs the adapter of the DVR from the larang foods store to the circuit box in his hotel room.removing the RCA connector (Audio Video cable) of the the cable dish from the television in the room, and replacing the latter with that of the DVR from larang store. Arrrggggghhhh he ultered, dammit those two idiot had left the DVR remote controller.
Re: The PACKAGE by kemiola89(f): 6:27am On Jul 18, 2012
Pls come finish your story na, this suspense is killing jare!
Re: The PACKAGE by koolkamzzy(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2012
kemiola89: Pls come finish your story na, this suspense is killing jare!

I tell ya !
Re: The PACKAGE by avicky(f): 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
Wow! More data to ur internet!
WELLDONE!
Re: The PACKAGE by jslimz(f): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2012
An awesome piece st Okoli. Pls keep it rolling.
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 7:28am On Jul 20, 2012
sorry guys had been busy but i will be updating soon
Re: The PACKAGE by alexola20(m): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: The PACKAGE by Sapphiredamsel(f): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
abi o. I wonder
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
alexola20:
I don't think you have anything to write about again.What takes you do long to continue or complete what you have started?
People are waiting joooo........
thats not true am trying not to rush the story,like i had to modify the last post because i made an error with one of my characters,but still sorry for taking so long..
too much to do here in MP..
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
'What would i do now' Ali thought. he must find a way to be able to play-back the video on the digital video recorder without remote. He quickly looked behind the DVR for the universal serial bus USB,finding it he went for his laptop bag.removing his hp laptop from the bag as he lay search for the usb in to in cable,he was going to use his laptop as control to enable him play-back the MP4 file on the DVR. Armed with his laptop he accessed the files on the DVR, he quickly scroll to the file number '20120814' knowing that files are usually stored with date on sure survalance system. Hence the date of the killing being august 14 would automatedly be the file's name .
He plays the file as the screen calls up a video player. The video came alive,showing images of the store from 00:00 hrs. He drag the video further with his mouse, fast tracking the video to the hours after 20:00 hrs stoping at the sight of Garba's image sitting inside the store. He wouldn't miss a thing he said to himself as he rewind the video back to the point where Garba was just coming into the store. He watch with his eyes keen as the video plays on.... He notice the manila envelope with Garba was the same as the one blacky had handed over to him,he felt a little relax that aleast those two boys had not switched the package indeed, not that he believed they would but he just had to be sure..
The sight of the killings in the video seem like a nollywood video to him,he had never watched a video of an actual killing before, other than what he had seen in movies, but if he were to compare, he sure say it almost the same.. With all his attention glued to the screen of his laptop. he watches on, as the video showing Garba shaking his blood stained finger on the floor after blacky and smith had left the store. He had noticed the unusual effort made by Garba as he scribble something with his finger, he had reasoned it to be the final attempt of a dying man to battle for life.
With some minutes gone and no further movement, but that of the lifeless bodies in the empty store, he motion to rise up as he tried to unplug the connections. Just then his eyes caught the fresh movement in the video.
Re: The PACKAGE by alexola20(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 6:26am On Jul 26, 2012
alexola20:
Nice to have you back st.Okolie.
I was just thinkin of sendin boko boys to find u,perhaps they may help u with some diff tory. smiley
no need for another different tori from the help of those boko's,
wink
i don continue ooo
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2012
He watched on as the man held Garba to a near sitting position, it was obvious the man knew Garba,he notice the movement on Garba's lips, he must have told the man something important he thought, but he had no way of knowing what was said since the recording is video only, hence sound are not recorded. He watched as the man who appeared to be crying,suddenly got up, then his attention focused on something on the floor. He watch as the man brought out a object that appeared to be a phone,the man looked scared as he fumbles with his phone. The man turns and then he saw his face. There was something about the face, he immediately freeze the frame at that spot where the mans face was clearly highlighted. He tries remembering where he had seen that face before. he had seen this face somewhere in the state government office, Ali now concentrating his gaze to the face he has now zoomed , 'shit !! This is John Ode the Thisday newspaper government house reporter........ At that Ali knew that a whole episode had just began and making the an already complicated situation even more destructive.
but he was resolved not to back down, not after coming this far. This is a fight he must win. With that he picked his phone, he was going to exsults all he had to make sure this end in his favour, he dails a number on his phone, and muted to himself 'John Ode u are a dead man'. Just as the dailed number began to ring......ring.....
Re: The PACKAGE by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2012
kip it coming. Gudwork. Thumbs up
Re: The PACKAGE by adetunrayo(f): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
keep it rolling pls
Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
He have had moments one could regard to as dangerous in the past, but tonight's encounter gave the word a higher definition in John's dictionary, its been four hours since he had escaped from larang foods store. His run from larang's food store was record breaking if were on a formal athletic race. He was fast and maintained silence as if any noise would bring a great deal of disaster. He had left his car not wanting to accidentally make contact with who ever it was on the bike he heard stopping at larang store. He walked when he was no-longer in the vecinity of Abu street. Although his legs were weary from the run,they were still battle ready for another marathon at the sighting or sound of danger. It was difficult finding any vehicle on the road, as not even the usual night cab operators that ply that route for commuter coming in from other states or those buses that arrive late in the night were anywhere to be found, so he kept walking, just to make sure he was on motion, and was getting further away from the horror at larang foods store.
Now sitting on the sofa in his apartment, he was far spent. He had arrive his apartment about two hours ago. After one hour and thirty minutes walk back home. He was hoping that on arrival home after walking in the chilled temprature of the night, that the happennings of the night would be one bad imagination. but not even the warm bath he had gave him the convition that it was just a product of his imagination.
John couldn't fathom the happennings of the night. He stares for the umpteenth time at the picture on his phone of the blood inscription the one with Garba's blood. The writings made no sense as it was not written with any of the known alphabet, it obviously meant something judging by the parthern, and the fact it was a dead man final effort. John couldn't place a dying man using his last energy to write something that meant nothing.
Re: The PACKAGE by alexola20(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
Still folllowin,ride on.But try to use a spell check b4 postin.
More ogbon to ur brain.
Thanks.
Re: The PACKAGE by soccerchic(f): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2012
Am loving this...its like my medication nowdays so please keep em coming grin grin grin and yea, Thanks a lot wink
Re: The PACKAGE by mufex(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2012
YOU 'RE GOOD! dime good!

1 Like

Re: The PACKAGE by stokolie(m): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
In a twinkle of reflection, John remembers how two weeks ago,on that wet tuesday afternoon,it had been raining for three hours, he had just returned to his office from the state house, where a supposed press briefing by the Governor had been post-poned for some flimsy reason. Being the state house correspondence for the Thisday newspaper, He had hope that the proceddings of the press breefing at the government house would make it into his report for the next day edition of the newspaper. He had also hope to get the Governors reaction on the attack by the albab terrorist group on the police detention facility that moring that had ensued the freedom of high profile detainees. and what the government next strategic action would be. But he then had to make-do with the attack story alone. He was almost done typing his report, leaving room for reaction from the governors office through some of his anonymous sources. He was just uploading some of the pictures of the scene of the attacked police detention facility, when his phone rang, the caller number read unknown, but he picked the call,the conversation was short but precise as it serve the caller purpose for a secret meeting. It was obvious the caller knew him, although the voice had only introduce himself as Garba. And had skillful told john he had something for him.John didnt know anyone by that name. But the tone and John's instinct had led him to accept a secret meeting with the stranger who had just introduce himself as Garba. It was not like an unsual occurance, in John's line of work,as some people would prefer anonomity when dealing with a press man. And so began their short lived relationship that ended last night with the death of Garba. They had meet secretly for four time in their two weeks of correspondence, last night would have been the last and the pinacle of their relationship. but it was not the end either him or Garba had pre-conceived. John remembers there previous meeting, The first had been at the public libery under the guise of researching they had talked, at the state university libery. Garba was indeed handsome, but he was more endowed intellectually, he had told John he will be the only one to establish contact and meeting hence telephone call is over ruled and this he expects to be obeyed if he must reveal to John what he had, he had skillful taken control of the direction of their conversation,asking John question that made John wonder if he was taking a seminar on interviewing techniques in journalism 101. The first meeting had been brief. And centered around the Johns carrier as a Journalist.
The second meeting was in a mall under the guise of shopping, followed the same parthen, but more about john's personality.
The third meeting had been in an old abandoned ware house. There Garba had asked all the question he probably missed on the other two previous meetings, and then launched into telling john about cryptography and how he had love it so much. He had even writen a prototype of a cypher which he gave john for him to pratice with, Garba's expression seem to register a great deal of importance to the prototype he given to John. But John was finding it no longer funny since after three secret meet, nothing had been said about what Garba had to tell him. 'I didn't leave everything i have to do to come here so as to have cryptography classes, and if thats what this is about then i'm out of here' john said in a bit of mild irritation With which he had walked out of the third meeting.
The fourth meeting came as a suprise, since there had been no further contact from Garba after four days. John had went to the meeting with one plan, to walk out if Garba was not forthcoming. Garba must have understood this because it was in that meeting that Garba had told him about his search on who to trust with his findings and how he had settled for him after many different attestation of John's crediblity and personality, which was confirmed after observing him from their previous meetings and finally reading john story on the ex-governor,the very story that had been secretly rumour among journalist that he refused cash reward meant to persude him not to reveal the truth .although the story had earn him respect of the public,especially Garba, as it was obviously the magnet that attracted Garba among other things.it had also earned John something else, undue criticism from his peers who felt he was crazy for refusal of the ten million naira bribe not to publish a story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story / Moments of Passion (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.