Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death (7273 Views)

Fela's Bedroom Preserved Exactly How It Was Before His Death (Photo) / Muna Obiekwe's Sister Reveals The Truth About His Death / Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by mukina2: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2012

MICHAEL Jackson, who died three years ago today, will be remembered in a series of concerts this week as Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon Jackson continue their return to the stage as The Jacksons.

Jackson, dubbed The King Of Pop, is recognised as the most successful pop singer in the history of music and he died on June 25, 2009, of propofol intoxication after suffering a respiratory arrest at his home on North Carolwood Drive in the Holmby Hills neighbourhood in Los Angeles.

Jermaine said the brothers have wanted to reunite on their own for years, but after Michael's passing, they needed time to heal - and the tour is another step. They will play in The Fox Theatre Detroit today and the New York Apollo later this week.

Jermaine said the group plans to pay tribute to Michael during their shows with a medley that will conclude with the tune "Gone Too Soon."

When they sang with brother Michael they were simply known as the Jackson 5.

"The brothers don't know this, but I've broken down several times and cried during rehearsals," said Jermaine during a recent rehearsal break on a soundstage in Burbank, California. "I'm so used to Michael being on the right and then Marlon, Jackie, on and on. It's just something we never get used to."

Marlon said: "For me, this cycle that comes around every year — this day, that day — that doesn't affect me because it affects me every day. When that day comes around, it's the same. You learn to live with it. I still wake up sometimes and go, 'Jeez. I can't believe my brother's not here.'"
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/michael-jackson-remembered-on-third-anniversary-3147976.html
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by oluwabamis(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2012
just like yesterday. we really missed the king of pop
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Korrection(m): 9:23am On Jun 25, 2012
Jackson was the world greatest entertainer and yet still is..he has no match till date..R.I.P Michael...youll be remembered all the time...i still watch your videos and concerts till date...and it reminds me of so many things...you put smile in peoples face and thats what matters in life...

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Codedrock(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2012
Oga oo.. Rest in peace..! Message to (mukinatu=mukina2):- pls stop doing partial on nairaland! Quote me&reply.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by ideylaff: 9:27am On Jun 25, 2012
MJ only 1 MJ Mikalu Omo Jackande

Continue to rest well. Your music lives on.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by adelaja70(m): 9:30am On Jun 25, 2012
The Baba Of Them All........RIP!
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:39am On Jun 25, 2012
The undisputed KING OF POP...

Rest in Peace..
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 25, 2012
It still amuses me how he died broke.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by purplekayc(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2012
God!! U remind again..... embarassed embarassed please post more pics
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by mrman2(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2012
RIP jackson, we miss you.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by purplekayc(m): 9:45am On Jun 25, 2012
God!! U remind again..... embarassed embarassed please post more pics. (There is nothing more blissful in this world and satisfying than to use your own natural talents and abilities in aid of your success , you will have no limit

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by awesomet1(m): 9:46am On Jun 25, 2012
Número UNO of entertainment!...RIP MJ

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by free2ryhme: 9:54am On Jun 25, 2012
sooooooooo .. did it change the price of garri for market
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2012
E don read 3 years already? Na waoo

RIP Michael.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by freecocoa(f): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2012
shocked damn so in a couple days i'll be on my 3rd birthday after his death.

Nna menh I'm getting old,i don't like this at all angry.

MJ hope you are not where they say you are o,continue to RIP if actually you are RIPing.smiley
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by MrCork17: 10:05am On Jun 25, 2012
we looooove you MICHEAL!! angry
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by crackhouse(m): 10:05am On Jun 25, 2012
Spirit of Okija: The undisputed KING OF POP...

Rest in Peace..
I thought u play only Akunaechienyi & Atilogwu music. Can't imagine u playing pop in ur shrine. I was thinking such kind of music doesn't appeal the gods.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:21am On Jun 25, 2012
I still miss him, and can't still believe he's gone. None ever since can compare to the electrifying effect and presence he had on stage, and as far as i'm concerned, only Madonna comes close. What we have nowadays are musicians who court controversy just to remain relevant, though a few like Justin Timberlake and Neyo are making a good effort at filling his shoes.

I was already an admirer of his music right from when i was little, but it was watching his performance on Motown25 that got me REALLY hooked....i mean, let's be honest here, who wasn't hooked on MJ after watching that performance undecided?

On the day of his passing, it felt that i had lost a family member and i couldn't sleep well that night: this was someone whose music was the soundtrack to my childhood, so it was quite painful.

It's always amusing to see the reaction of little kids watching his videos for the first time grin. My little nephew -at three- is already a fan, and the DVDs you do not touch in the house are his 'Thomas the tank engine' and 'MJ' videos, or else you'll get the mother of all tantrums. When he's watching any of these, and say you have a programme to watch, you just have to go look for another TV.....it's as simple as that grin.

RIP MJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXhy7ZsiR50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4Yo-7aMv4

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by janejive(f): 10:44am On Jun 25, 2012
I miss u Michael, no musician can take ur place in my heart, R.I.P
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by slimming: 10:54am On Jun 25, 2012
Life is simply short.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by waja(m): 11:05am On Jun 25, 2012
Oh! Death, You struck below the belt of many, may his Soul Return (R) If (I) Possible (P).

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Maxdiamond(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2012
Michael jackson is really a living legend..we all luv u but God luv u most.R.I.P
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by hrhobi1(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2012
ONE HE GOAT ABOVE SAY MICHAEL DIED BROKE. BIG GOAT
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Sirturin78: 11:17am On Jun 25, 2012
Micheal Jackson is a household name thruout the world..his fame is like that of Coca Cola..R.I.P Bro!
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by MrLee(m): 11:26am On Jun 25, 2012
The King we all miss you even d money u have made and d once dat are since coming miss.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 25, 2012
free2ryhme: sooooooooo .. did it change the price of garri for market
i dnt knw y some nairalanders cant post sensible status for once.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Tolexander: 11:58am On Jun 25, 2012
Just like yesterday, THE MAN IN THE MIRROR, A SMOOTH CRIMINAL dt made me believed either BLACK OR WHITE, i'm gonna HEAL THE WORLD just becos WE ARE THE WORLD to sing the EARTH SONG with people that will HOLD MY HANDS and not those people THAT DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT US. THE WAY U MAKE ME FEEL and the LOST CHILDREN any time we remember u always get me SPEECHLESS like a thrilled THRILLER trying to get a LIBERIAN GIRL but was unable to BEAT IT and being told THE GIRL IS MINE by people like D.S. Michael Jackson, remember U ARE NOT ALONE only if WILL U BE THERE in paradise. And if not, it is going to be DANGEROUS and BAD. GIVE THANKS TO ALLAH!

9 Likes

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Booty4me: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2012
i luv you micheal

1 Like

Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Feraz(m): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
rip....Michael.....still love his songs
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson ‎ - 3 Years After His Death by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
chipmunkey: It still amuses me how he died broke.
Illiterate and absolute f00l... As poor as he became, he was richer that you present state and the present state you are presently... #thingseediotssay undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sinach, The Great Gospel Musician's Wedding In Pictures. / Carol Ekanem Danjuma Kicked Out Of Husband's House / Ibrahim Chatta Reveals Why His First Wife, A Senator’s Daughter Left Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.