Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG (10398 Views)

ASUU Introduces ‘UNILAG Forever’ Badge To Discredit Renaming / Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by shopisky(m): 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2012
Some pple are just hatin and being jelous if u ask me. How does expressn ur right in a lawful way make u angry.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by uche13: 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2012
Haba na, there is nothing to rejoice about yet. Unilag people have won nothing.The judge did not say that the name cannot be changed. He has not even started looking into the merit of the substantive suit(the main case) This order is just to restrain the govt from continuing with the renaming of the suit till the matter is concluded in court so that if the court at the end nullifies the decision of the govt, it would not be too late then.

This is just like someone laying claim that he is the owner of a particular property which is about to be demolished by another person who is also claiming ownership. The first man runs to court to obtain an order restraining the demolition of the property pending the determination of the case. The court granting him the order does not in anyway mean the judge saying the property belongs to him because this is done even before the main case begins. It is merely a restraining injunction so that if the judge agrees the property belongs to him, the judgment would not be null and void since the building may have been demolished then.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by kaze4blues(m): 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
chino11: Yorubas are silly and sycophantic what the world now know is Mooshood Kikiola Abiola University (MKAU).

The same man they handed over to the ordinary almajiris to be slaughtered for a mere plate of ewedu. Whether you vagabonds wants it or not the school has been renamed MKAU. So deal with it.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by kaze4blues(m): 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2012
chino11: Yorubas are silly and sycophantic what the world now know is Mooshood Kikiola Abiola University (MKAU).

The same man they handed over to the ordinary almajiris to be slaughtered for a mere plate of ewedu. Whether you vagabonds wants it or not the school has been renamed MKAU. So deal with it.
ur stupidity nd daftness is only a reflectn of whr u cum frm. Fool
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Why cnt u igbo little children just mind your business. If na hausa they kill una now, fear no go let una open mouth talk, talkless to insult hausa man. But when it comes to yoruba una go fit open that diry big mouth talk. silly people, no wonder hausa people hate una seriously, u think you know things but u guys are so blind........ ABEG MAKE UNA MIND UNA BUSINESS. EPUASUN NA POGI

The irony, SMH. You being obviously yoruba, has rendered the above rant from you, null and void. Know your place because Igbos too pass una. Adaka.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by edicolove: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Y are u advertising ur ignorance? Ever heard of d term checks and balances? So u hv never seen d Court restrain another arm of govt from doing an act declared unlawful by d Court? And dat it is before d Senate does not oust the jurisdiction of d Court, u hear?
If u don't knw how the legal system works, ask a lawyer.

You just goofed there bro! Checks and balance does not mean the court can make a law. Court can only interpret a law that the NASS has already made. A court cannot declare a law made by the NASS as unlawful. Even in the extreme cases where sections of the law seems to conflict, it is only the supreme court that can clarify the interpretation. Clarify I said, not make.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by espn(m): 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2012

Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by espn(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2012

funny little boi..go back to ur creeks and farm for ur old wretched folks!stop blabbing nonsense dawg(dog)u r just barking!
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by BabaOlowo: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2012
DUNCE, how can he compare renaming an Institution to state of emergency? Na wa for this Man o.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Akainzo(m): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
edicolove:

You just goofed there bro! Checks and balance does not mean the court can make a law. Court can only interpret a law that the NASS has already made. A court cannot declare a law made by the NASS as unlawful. Even in the extreme cases where sections of the law seems to conflict, it is only the supreme court that can clarify the interpretation. Clarify I said, not make.

And the Supremem Court is what?
You love going around in circles just like GEJ did yesterday. In one breadth you said a ourt cannot declare any law passed by the NASS as unlawful, and then you wnet ahead to accept that the Supremem Court can say a law passed by the NASS in inconsistent with the consitution or that it is void.

What then has the court (Supreme Court) done? Is it not that it has declared a law passed by the NASS as unlawful SMH
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by ejidokun(m): 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
think he should tink of renaming any one of the new universities instead of wasting time on skl with rep already..hw does MAULAG sound? especially we aspiring to go 4 higher studies der..i mite jst b forced to change ma skl..lmao
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
Apparently Abiola wasnt really loved by his people.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Jungleprince1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2012

Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Jungleprince1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] Why d insult, i believe u dont have respect , sorry, i mean to say u speak without thinking
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by bisiaet: 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
@ PeterKbaba:
Why cnt u igbo little children just mind your business. If na hausa they kill una now, fear no go let una open mouth talk, talkless to insult hausa man. But when it comes to yoruba una go fit open that dirty big mouth talk. silly people, no wonder hausa people hate una seriously, u think you know things but u guys are so blind........ ABEG MAKE UNA MIND UNA BUSINESS. EPUASUN NA POGI.

God bless you Mr Peterkbaba infact i'm so delighted by your comment. To be honest i'm sick of my own people with the way they talk and think sometimes this sort of things has always lead to confrontation with some of them on so many occassion because I dont know why tribalism has eaten up our flesh so deep that has now become like an incureable disease. The Boko idiots are killing majorly my own people like a cow every blessed day and we didnt say anything as a matter of fact I thought we claimed to be a fighters y ant we fight them?

I think we claimed to be a republican where art thou Oh republicanplease bros let us mind our business for God sake let mind our business biko, stop nose diving into what is not our problem for goodness sake, UNILAG is not in Imo State or Anambra State or Enugu so why bordering our head for what is not our problem, boko haram are killing our people all day ohhhhh pls let talk about this, kidnappers, masqurade, ritualist has run our community aground let talk abou this NOT UNILAG that is another man's land far Southwest. God have mercy. I know I have anger them again but this truth is what I stand for and I will say it no matter what. No one should take it personal but if anyone does fine by him or her and goodluck.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by outseba(m): 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2012
norseman2: Nice development, when we v a presido dt reasons with his Anus, come 2015, we gonna chase dose crazy bald head(PDP) out O̶̷̩̥̊͡F town
beta talk jare...if by 2015 we nigerians decide to remve dis classless PDP dt wld @ least b a start in d right direction...mmcheeew.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by tnktosin(m): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
First half
UNILAG 1-0 JONATHAN
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Demdem(m): 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2012
edicolove: Very stup1d stuff! No judge has the power to stop the NASS from making a law. Judges interpret laws, they don't make them. Sometimes you wonder if Nigerian judges really passed their law school exam. The only people that can stop it is NASS and sometimes the president can still use his veto power if he needs to.

Senseless waste of time and resources.

Edistupid, try and comprehend the whole story before u commence ur usual ranting nau. grin grin
Nothing in the report suggest the Judge stopping the NASS from enacting any law. let the NASS go ahead and to approve the retardeen's request, no yawa. Till then its still UNILAG and Not yet MAULAG.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by kennytidistar(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
an "interim order" is not a judgement i deliberately quote that because the george know he or she did not have the right to pass judgement on matters that has not been cook the bill is still with National assembly only National assembly have that power to reject or accept for nau, "interim order" is not a judgement everybody go and rest your head.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by jpcomrade: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2012
it is so unfortunate and ridiculous that people still keep dragging this issue of MAULAG/UNILAG, this will only provide another avenue for international communities to further laugh at this country, what is the big deal about renaming an institution, why are we celebrating frivolities? Havard students are busy putting heads together on how to generate electricity with a football, our young brains here are fuming because of name change, for God sake how does name impact on academic and research exploits of a school, if nass now decides to embrace president' decision on this matter what will the court do?
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Demdem(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2012
kennytidistar: an "interim order" is not a judgement i deliberately quote that because the george know he or she did not have the right to pass judgement on matters that has not been cook the bill is still with National assembly only National assembly have that power to reject or accept for nau, "interim order" is not a judgement everybody go and rest your head.

I agree with u. A big difference btw an Interim order and a perpetual order. This is an example of interim.
The perpetual order was the one given to Odili that makes it criminal for the EFCC or other agents of government to investigate, interrogate and prosecute him grin

http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/Africa_8/Peter-Odili-s-Perpetual-Injunction.shtml
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by elvis10ten(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Why cnt u igbo little children just mind your business. If na hausa they kill una now, fear no go let una open mouth talk, talkless to insult hausa man. But when it comes to yoruba una go fit open that diry big mouth talk. silly people, no wonder hausa people hate una seriously, u think you know things but u guys are so blind........ ABEG MAKE UNA MIND UNA BUSINESS. EPUASUN NA POGI
you are one of the big f.o.o.l.s in NL. What have yoruba achieved in their history. They are just dirty pigs moving up and down helplessly. Check out, we igbos are better than u. Look at guys like philip emeagwali and the rest, they are great men, but show me any yoruba that is internationally famous for achieving a great thing like that. I hate yorubas, u guys just go around giving ur self number on ur face(marks) lol. U guys are dogs. Even the one living close to me person no fit enter the house. Pigs. Its not by mark its by sense and we are beta than u guys for that.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by PeterKbaba: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2012
Bandit C.:

The irony, SMH. You being obviously yoruba, has rendered the above rant from you, null and void. Know your place because Igbos too pass una. Adaka.

My BROTHER, YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND, WE YORUBA'S NO SEE UNA , WE DONT CARE, NA PERSON WEY GET INFERIORITY COMPLEX GO THEY RANT ALL THE TIME, THINKING EVERYTHING NA COMPETITION, HOW CAN A OBA COMPETE WITH HIS CHIEFS. NA DISRESPECT BE THAT NOW FOR THE OBA... CHIEFS COMPETES WITH CHIEFS OK... SO IGBOS FIND UNA LEVEL, WE YORUBA NO SEE UNA.... HAVE YOU HEARD A YORUBA MAN COMPLAINING OR ARGUING OVER THINGS THAT HAPPENS IN THE NORTH OR IN IGBO LAND. ABEG MAKE UNA MIND UNA BUSINESS..... AMEBOO WONT TAKE U ANYWERE... EPUESUN PEOPLE
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by PeterKbaba: 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
bisiaet: @ PeterKbaba:
Why cnt u igbo little children just mind your business. If na hausa they kill una now, fear no go let una open mouth talk, talkless to insult hausa man. But when it comes to yoruba una go fit open that dirty big mouth talk. silly people, no wonder hausa people hate una seriously, u think you know things but u guys are so blind........ ABEG MAKE UNA MIND UNA BUSINESS. EPUASUN NA POGI.

God bless you Mr Peterkbaba infact i'm so delighted by your comment. To be honest i'm sick of my own people with the way they talk and think sometimes this sort of things has always lead to confrontation with some of them on so many occassion because I dont know why tribalism has eaten up our flesh so deep that has now become like an incureable disease. The Boko idiots are killing majorly my own people like a cow every blessed day and we didnt say anything as a matter of fact I thought we claimed to be a fighters y ant we fight them?

I think we claimed to be a republican where art thou Oh republicanplease bros let us mind our business for God sake let mind our business biko, stop nose diving into what is not our problem for goodness sake, UNILAG is not in Imo State or Anambra State or Enugu so why bordering our head for what is not our problem, boko haram are killing our people all day ohhhhh pls let talk about this, kidnappers, masqurade, ritualist has run our community aground let talk abou this NOT UNILAG that is another man's land far Southwest. God have mercy. I know I have anger them again but this truth is what I stand for and I will say it no matter what. No one should take it personal but if anyone does fine by him or her and goodluck.

God bless you, if other igbos states to think like you, maybe the igbo people might one day unite under one voice and clean up the mess in their land, just like we are trying out best to do in the SW.... Probably after that, the whole south might one day unite under one voice, not necessarily a presidency, but our traditional rulers may one day sit together and have a REAL ROAD MAP FOR THE SOUTH.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by PeterKbaba: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2012
elvis10ten: you are one of the big f.o.o.l.s in NL. What have yoruba achieved in their history. They are just dirty pigs moving up and down helplessly. Check out, we igbos are better than u. Look at guys like philip emeagwali and the rest, they are great men, but show me any yoruba that is internationally famous for achieving a great thing like that. I hate yorubas, u guys just go around giving ur self number on ur face(marks) lol. U guys are dogs. Even the one living close to me person no fit enter the house. Pigs. Its not by mark its by sense and we are beta than u guys for that.

[b]YOUR HATE FOR YORUBAS WONT TAKE YOU ANYWERE OK.... LOL

That shows your ignorance, mind your business, dont you get it, we are not in any competition with anybody... u talk about one igbo man's achievement lol laughing out loud, well im so happy he as achieved something. Make I give you small assignment, put Yoruba Religion on Google or youtube and see the amount of countries all over the world, worshiping our cultural and traditional believes, countries like USA, UK, Mexico, Cuba, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Haiti just to mention a few (All this countries I mention, as official allocated hectars of land to Yoruba people to practice this traditional religion, because its a religion of peace)... The United Nation as officially arknoledged Yoruba culture as one of the oldest traditional religion existing in the world today... You see why we dont have time for competition... If you want me to explain more, I could. Pls go and sleep with this your HATE, you can hate as u like, it wont stop us from moving forward, it would only energize us to be stronger and move faster.[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYi7XcmzAUc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbw__jP7zXc&feature=BFa&list=UUh_x1EANObKl_UwkVaAiq-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSf3lvnzNi8&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1JtsOtDqA&feature=related
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by PeterKbaba: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2012
[b]YOUR HATE FOR YORUBAS WONT TAKE YOU ANYWERE OK.... LOL

That shows your ignorance, mind your business, dont you get it, we are not in any competition with anybody... u talk about one igbo man's achievement lol laughing out loud, well im so happy he as achieved something. Make I give you small assignment, put Yoruba Religion on Google or youtube and see the amount of countries all over the world, worshiping our cultural and traditional believes, countries like USA, UK, Mexico, Cuba, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Haiti just to mention a few (All this countries I mention, as official allocated hectars of land to Yoruba people to practice this traditional religion, because its a religion of peace)... The United Nation as officially arknoledged Yoruba culture as one of the oldest traditional religion existing in the world today... You see why we dont have time for competition... If you want me to explain more, I could. Pls go and sleep with this your HATE, you can hate as u like, it wont stop us from moving forward, it would only energize us to be stronger and move faster.[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYi7XcmzAUc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbw__jP7zXc&feature=BFa&list=UUh_x1EANObKl_UwkVaAiq-Q

Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
PeterKbaba:

In as much as that guy has not made a sensible speech, i think you are more idiotic and stupid to think that an Igbo man is scared of any tribe in Nigeria. Since the begining of this union (Nigeria) till date, an Igbo Man has been known for His bravery and NEVER for an act of cowardice like you fool, and look here; who give a damn if an Igbo Man is hated by a group of inferior folk?
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
PeterKbaba:

My BROTHER, YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND, WE YORUBA'S NO SEE UNA , WE DONT CARE, NA PERSON WEY GET INFERIORITY COMPLEX GO THEY RANT ALL THE TIME, THINKING EVERYTHING NA COMPETITION, HOW CAN A OBA COMPETE WITH HIS CHIEFS. NA DISRESPECT BE THAT NOW FOR THE OBA... CHIEFS COMPETES WITH CHIEFS OK... SO IGBOS FIND UNA LEVEL, WE YORUBA NO SEE UNA.... HAVE YOU HEARD A YORUBA MAN COMPLAINING OR ARGUING OVER THINGS THAT HAPPENS IN THE NORTH OR IN IGBO LAND. ABEG MAKE UNA MIND UNA BUSINESS..... AMEBOO WONT TAKE U ANYWERE... EPUESUN PEOPLE

First, i am not your brother. Secondly, you are right, there is no competition between the Igbos and you buttscratchers because there is actually nothing there, on your side to compete with. Competing with your lot, would be pulling oneself down into the mud like pigs and Igbos are not pigs. So keep it that way.
You, faaggot, trying to make mockery of the dead of which your kinsmen are among. Keep dead Igbos out of your mouth if you people have no respect for your dead where you are from. Dumbo.
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by PeterKbaba: 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2012
latest: In as much as that guy has not made a sensible speech, i think you are more idiotic and stupid to think that an Igbo man is scared of any tribe in Nigeria. Since the begining of this union (Nigeria) till date, an Igbo Man has been known for His bravery and NEVER for an act of cowardice like you fool, and look here; who give a damn if an Igbo Man is hated by a group of inferior folk?

AND WHO'S FAULT IS IT THAT YOU WERE BRAVE AND KILLED OVER 3 MILLION OF YOUR PEOPLE LIKE CHICKENS, DID WE ASK YOU TO GO TO WAR, ABEG STOP CRYING LIKE ALL THIS HEN THAT ONE CANT STOP FROM MAKING HELL OF A NOISE EVERY MORNING
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by PeterKbaba: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
Bandit C.:

First, i am not your brother. Secondly, you are right, there is no competition between the Igbos and you buttscratchers because there is actually nothing there, on your side to compete with. Competing with your lot, would be pulling oneself down into the mud like pigs and Igbos are not pigs. So keep it that way.
You, faaggot, trying to make mockery of the dead of which your kinsmen are among. Keep dead Igbos out of your mouth if you people have no respect for the dead where you are from. Dumbo.

Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by teetee1: 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2012
Cluesless and focusless GEJ...mtcheeeeeeeew!
Re: Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG by elvis10ten(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Part Time And Full Time, Is There Any Difference? / 2nd Choice Admission List Of Rsust Is Out / How To Change Jamb Email Address 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.