Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Manchester United News: I Won't Wear Seven Shirt-kagawa - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United News: I Won't Wear Seven Shirt-kagawa (537 Views)

Manchester United Have Handed Their Iconic Number Seven Shirt. / Chelsea Supporters Rips-Off Shirt From Manchester United Fan's Back / Dortmund's Shinji Kagawa Agree Terms With Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United News: I Won't Wear Seven Shirt-kagawa by joeyfemous: 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
Manchester United News

Manchester United: Shinji Kagawa has turned down the chance to join a list of Manchester United legends by wearing the famous number seven shirt, with the Japanese international insisting he wants to make a name for himself rather than live off former glories.

Kagawa completed his switch, believed to be initially worth around £17.7 million, to Old Trafford over the weekend having completed a medical and obtained a UK work permit.

Michael Owen previously donned the number seven shirt, worn by the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, George Best and David Beckham, however it is now vacant following the Liverpool man’s release earlier this summer.

Kagawa wore the number 23 shirt while with Borussia Dortmund and he wears the number 10 for his country.
Manchester United News

“I've just joined the team and haven't accomplished anything yet,” said Kagawa of his decision. “I want to make a name for myself [at United] on my own terms.”

The Japanese international revealed that he turned down the number seven shirt for one with ‘personal meaning’. His new squad number has yet to be confirmed.

Kagawa went on to reveal that he has already been inspired by his first trip to Old Trafford to sign his four year contract.

'When I was at [Old Trafford], I thought about how incredible it would be if I could score there,' he said.
Manchester United News
http://www.sportswriteup.com/

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United To Flot Shares At NYSE / FOOTBALL FUNNY: Howard Webb Vs Sir Alex Ferguson / Breaking News: Sir Alex Ferguson Just Retired As Man U Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.