Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money (16792 Views)

Lady Wore Bum-Short To Ecobank In Abeokuta (Photos) / Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! / Western Union Launches Mobile Money Service In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by mukina2: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2012
In line with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) cash-less scheme, Ecobank has officially launched its Mobile Money platform in Nigeria.

Managing Director of the bank, Jibril Aku said: “This is an Ecobank special product designed to deepen financial inclusion for all classes of Nigerian citizens, especially those in the rural and semi-urban areas as well as reduce cash dependency level in our day to day transactions; this is the fulcrum on which the cash-less policy of the CBN stands.”

He said Ecobank Mobile Money aims at bridging the gap between the banked and unbanked Nigerians and can be used by both account and non-account holders of the bank. This is part of Ecobank’s mission to provide convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services to the Nigerian people.

He said: “Mobile money services have huge potential in markets where mobile penetration vastly outpaces the number of people with bank account. This is the clear case in Nigeria today as we have available over 90 million cell phone users, both the banked and ‘unbanked’. There is therefore an urgent need to offer an affordable, but convenient, solution to money transfer services.

“Ecobank Mobile Money delivers convenience, accessibility and reliability to customers in line with the bank’s mission. Nigerians, irrespective of their location will now be able to use their cell phones to conduct basic financial transactions even if they don’t have a bank account.

The Ecobank Mobile Money now gives citizens the power to achieve their banking needs conveniently.”

Source
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2012
What the french is an ecobank? A disorder of some kind?
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Chisus1: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
THIS IS GOOD AND WILL HELP A LONG WAY.. UP ECObank smiley

Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by highland(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2012
wonderful
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2012
SimonAndal: What the french is an ecobank? A disorder of some kind?
was that supposed to be funny?
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Chisus1: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2012
SimonAndal: What the french is an ecobank? A disorder of some kind?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Omzie(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
Another way to hook our money in †ђξ air shey.
Mtcheeeeew.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by DExplorer1: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Jabioro: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
Too much talk! how does it work with bank and unbank,l beg make hm brief us.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by kaiter: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
Great thread [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by moremi2008(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2012
Don't be deceived! Not every foreign-affiliated bank is good. Ecobank is probably the worst bank in Nigeria. From what I hear, it's a relatively small bank with deep pockets that's run out of Togo and its services are not competitive with the best Nigerian banks. My mum had a domiciliary account with Oceanic she used for sending my sister's school fees to the US. The transfer was fast and efficient; my sister would get the funds on the same day or the next day at the latest. Once Ecobank acquired Oceanic, the transfers started taking longer and longer! It got so bad that she transferred $20k and the money took 9 days to get to the US!!! She was so pissed-off, she closed the account and opened a new domi account with another bank.

How can a bank that can't run basic international transfers properly, run a mobile payments system? Mobile payments systems are struggling with security issues in Europe and the US. How can they possibly work in Nigeria, the epicenter of Yahoozee? Abeg, better run for your life before your money disappears!

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by petokey: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2012
Jabioro: Too much talk! how does it work with bank and unbank,l beg make hm brief us.
God bless u! Good question
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by newuser: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
Stanbic IBTC Bank has this all the while.

It even launched it since last year.

dial *909# and see it work.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by eksammy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
its working on Glo, Etisalat and Airtel phones. Dial *326# to register yourself. You dont need to have an existing account th the bank. dialing the code opens an account for you, all you need do is visit any branch or their agents to pay into the new account you created. And then from your phone you can buy airtime, pay for dstv, pay for phcn and transfer money from your phone to anyone (as far as the receiver has a phone no.). Try it....Dial *326# now!
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2012
newuser: Stanbic IBTC Bank has this all the while.

It even launched it since last year.

dial *909# and see it work.
The short code from Ecobank doesn't work, already failing from inception. I don't want to put my money in such.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
micoco: was that supposed to be funny?
_
Nah, just like seeing my posts in quote. It's been scientifically proven that 79% of every 2nd post on Nairaland gets quoted.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by petokey: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
I trust them, how does it work? Guys pls shine your eyes
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by newuser: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2012
blink182: The short code from Ecobank doesn't work, already failing from inception. I don't want to put my money in such.
*909# is for Stanbic but it is not thesame code for MTN users.

MTN mobile numbers are yet to be integrated fully. But it will soon go live as they also have signed a partnership agreement. all thats left is IT stuff.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
newuser:
*909# is for Stanbic but it is not thesame code for MTN users.

MTN mobile numbers are yet to be integrated fully. But it will soon go live as they also have signed a partnership agreement. all thats left is IT stuff.
their code is different, its in today's Vanguard.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
eksammy: its working on Glo, Etisalat and Airtel phones. Dial *326# to register yourself. You dont need to have an existing account th the bank. dialing the code opens an account for you, all you need do is visit any branch or their agents to pay into the new account you created. And then from your phone you can buy airtime, pay for dstv, pay for phcn and transfer money from your phone to anyone (as far as the receiver has a phone no.). Try it....Dial *326# now!
Wow, so I can now pay South Africa's DSTV with my nokia 3310, thats grweat
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2012
eksammy: its working on Glo, Etisalat and Airtel phones. Dial *326# to register yourself. You dont need to have an existing account th the bank. dialing the code opens an account for you, all you need do is visit any branch or their agents to pay into the new account you created. And then from your phone you can buy airtime, pay for dstv, pay for phcn and transfer money from your phone to anyone (as far as the receiver has a phone no.). Try it....Dial *326# now!
Na MTN I de o.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by sunnshyn(f): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2012
FNB has such services here in south africa it's called eWallet....way to go!!
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
just dial *326# on etisalat, result unknown
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by duly(m): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
GOOD
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by trigar12(m): 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
Noted
MODEL- Via Nokia 3110
OS- java
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by technokid(m): 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
The best mobile money service in Nigeria is by Etranzact Pocketmoni.Why?Because you can walk into Nigerian bank(except Diamond bank for now,i think)and fund your account,you can also fund ur pocketmoni from your VISA atm card,you can transfer money from your pocketmoni to any Nigerian Bank , all transaction from the pocketmoni to any account is totally free no matter the amount .You can as well perform every transaction any mobile money can perform such as paying dstv,phcn,loading recharge cards and much more.To register and download the application,text 'Reg Urfirstname lastname 002922' to 20220(for mtn,airtel,etisalat)to 31030(glo) eg 'Reg Femi Johnson 002922' to 20220(for mtn,airtel,etisalat)to 31030.For more info visit my site www.Mypocketmoni.gnbo.com.ng or www.Pocketmoni.com
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 25, 2012
elari: . . U r an Ediot. Nigerians are wiser. Try sumtin else; my only pain is that sum myopic cretin will send the lob.a.tan that mail.
If you are patient enough, some might even paste their mails here asking for the info.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Yeske2(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cash Crunch Hits Ondo, Edo, Kwara, Delta, Plateau, Jigawa, Osun / Most Lucrative Businesses In Nigeria / Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.