Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money (16791 Views)

Lady Wore Bum-Short To Ecobank In Abeokuta (Photos) / Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! / Western Union Launches Mobile Money Service In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by Murphy7h4: 1:44am On Jun 26, 2012
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by mantote: 5:49am On Jun 26, 2012
Ecobank is a useless bank that is non competitve.Their pooy motivated staffs may take this mobile money as a way of compensating themselves.I have a friend that worked there for 4 years and was never promoted.he resigned few months ago.he told me that the bank was so loose that if he wanted to compensate himselve and soil his name,he would have been successful.immagine a bank that pays a graduate of 4yrs experience less than 100k monthly when the industry standard is 220000.their staffs are hungry and bitter and putting your money in that bank's care can make your money a tool for vengaeance by their angry staff to the useless bank.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by jevic(m): 5:55am On Jun 26, 2012
Kudos to Ecobank. They are really improving.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by walcolm(m): 6:52am On Jun 26, 2012
moremi2008: Don't be deceived! Not every foreign-affiliated bank is good. Ecobank is probably the worst bank in Nigeria. From what I hear, it's a relatively small bank with deep pockets that's run out of Togo and its services are not competitive with the best Nigerian banks. My mum had a domiciliary account with Oceanic she used for sending my sister's school fees to the US. The transfer was fast and efficient; my sister would get the funds on the same day or the next day at the latest. Once Ecobank acquired Oceanic, the transfers started taking longer and longer! It got so bad that she transferred $20k and the money took 9 days to get to the US!!! She was so pissed-off, she closed the account and opened a new domi account with another bank.

How can a bank that can't run basic international transfers properly, run a mobile payments system? Mobile payments systems are struggling with security issues in Europe and the US. How can they possibly work in Nigeria, the epicenter of Yahoozee? Abeg, better run for your life before your money disappears!

your sister school fees experience is not a general thing and its not correct for you to conclude based on your singular experience... i have been using ecobank for intl transfer for like 4 yrs with no issues
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by ogunpeju01(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2012
DO ANYBODY NO ANYTHING ABOUT GTBANK MOBILE MONEY PLEASE LET ME KNOW dareogunpeju@yahoo.com, 08064289342
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by kesbee: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2012
My Advice to Everyone is to avoid planning to use IBTC BANK for international Transfer because, their services are the worse banking services i have encountered so far since my financial transactions.
I opened an Account with one of their branch at Ogudu Ojota Lagos, before i went for my Business transaction outside Nigeria.
When i got to South Africa and wanted to transfer some money from my Account in Nigeria to withdraw there in South Africa i was surprised by what i saw, to cut of so many stories, the amount i withdrew was same amount of commission the transactions deducted from my Account so when i came to Nigeria i went to my Account Officer to find out what happen and i was made to know that if i withdraw 500k the commission they charge is close to 490k what a bullcrab and criminality method of fraud. shocked
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by mrperfect(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
This is a welcome development.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by ibi1: 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
mantote: Ecobank is a useless bank that is non competitve.Their pooy motivated staffs may take this mobile money as a way of compensating themselves.I have a friend that worked there for 4 years and was never promoted.he resigned few months ago.he told me that the bank was so loose that if he wanted to compensate himselve and soil his name,he would have been successful.immagine a bank that pays a graduate of 4yrs experience less than 100k monthly when the industry standard is 220000.their staffs are hungry and bitter and putting your money in that bank's care can make your money a tool for vengaeance by their angry staff to the useless bank.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by skibochi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
ogunpeju01: DO ANYBODY NO ANYTHING ABOUT GTBANK MOBILE MONEY PLEASE LET ME KNOW dareogunpeju@yahoo.com, 08064289342

I use GTMT and it is also good, i send money to ghana a lot and the service has not failed me. what is needed of you is to get the cash in USD with the name of the person you are sending too. You may also have to confirm where you can send money. The charges are 3% or $10 depending on the amount sent as commission, then 5% of the commission where both will be added up. i hope that will help you.
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by mophiccollege: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
I dial in *326# and its asking for pin. which pin?
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by loveme2: 9:49am On Jan 29, 2015
Is it really working?
Re: Ecobank Nigeria Launches Mobile Money by loveme2: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2015
Lol.u re right mi guy this bank is the worse in nigeria,they re stil crawling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cash Crunch Hits Ondo, Edo, Kwara, Delta, Plateau, Jigawa, Osun / Most Lucrative Businesses In Nigeria / Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.