Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? (11591 Views)

What Happened To Nn24? / What Is It With Nn24 Newscasters And I Pads? / Nn24 Television: Nigerian?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by zangiff(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
I notice dat too
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by IYANGBALI: 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
it has become stale news
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by 365naijanews(m): 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
nsiadi:

Come easy--Go easy

Sahara reporters will go same way soon.
is nt easy to run a network oh. Pls let bear with them
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by kokoA(m): 12:11am On Jun 27, 2012
Dem been no even get fine girls as presenters sef.. Mtcheeew.. And dey like forming oyinbo toomuch.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by bamosagie(m): 1:59am On Jun 27, 2012
oladayo042: Oh! I'll miss that station.

They have been off air for months now & you think you will miss them, when will you muss them?
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by ochallo: 5:27am On Jun 27, 2012
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/51709/1/expensive-mistakes-at-nn24.html

This explains the whole thing, GOd, i had a friend in that station, i hope he is okay?

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Karamy: 8:15am On Jun 27, 2012
ochi-aha:

I think so too. Hubris, excessive pride and ambition, must have contributed to the closure of the station as the promoters of the station did not want to reach out to Financiers, in their misplaced self-belief, to participate in the joint ownership of the station.
who told u amibo,person wen dey 4 house knw waitin dey happen 4 maket doh ooooooo cheesy
ochi-aha:

I think so too. Hubris, excessive pride and ambition, must have contributed to the closure of the station as the promoters of the station did not want to reach out to Financiers, in their misplaced self-belief, to participate in the joint ownership of the station.
who told u amibo,person wen dey 4 house knw waitin dey happen 4 maket doh ooooooo
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Karamy: 8:24am On Jun 27, 2012
dont worry soon we wil back on air ok. wink
dont worry soon we wil back on air ok.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by suavebabe(f): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2012
Was wondering the same thing, kept checking the channel everyday.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by toughbobo: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2012
adiga_d: they will come on air 4 debate in 2015

political brouhaha is over. they will come again during 2015 presidential debate! grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Orikinla(m): 11:22am On Jun 27, 2012
The Internet is taking over.

With the popularity of breaking news Online TV news sites, most TV stations in Nigeria are just struggling.
More Nigerians spend more time on the internet now than on TV.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by saveyou: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
The reason NN24 is off air is because of mismanagement of funds by the M.D/CEO who goes by the name Tony Dara.
He was owing his staff about 12months salary. He had enof funds to run the business from the beginning but decided to employ expatriates from U.K,South Africa and U.S and kept them in hotels for more than a year. That was what depleted the fund and his excessive spending habit.The M.D also didn't heed advice from some people who really wished him well. This and many other issues led to its demise.My broda worked there and hasn't been paid a dime.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
saveyou: The reason NN24 is off air is because of mismanagement of funds by the M.D/CEO who goes by the name Tony Dara.
He was owing his staff about 12months salary. He had enof funds to run the business from the beginning but decided to employ expatriates from U.K,South Africa and U.S and kept them in hotels for more than a year. That was what depleted the fund and his excessive spending habit.The M.D also didn't heed advice from some people who really wished him well. This and many other issues led to its demise.My broda worked there and hasn't been paid a dime.

That is what kills most biz in Nigeria. They don't have enough faith in our own.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by LaudateII: 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
saveyou: The reason NN24 is off air is because of mismanagement of funds by the M.D/CEO who goes by the name Tony Dara.

When will Nigerians media owners learn how to run their businesses properly, the way it should be run?

What made the CEO think that expatriates would perform better on the station than their Nigerian counterparts/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Star In A Soft indecency Movie Called Dirty Secret / 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List / DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Omo Ghetto (the Saga) 2020 – Funke Akindele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.