Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

Nigeria Is Ready For American Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Is Ready For American Football (4977 Views)

Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent / American Football Is Better Than Soccer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 4:32am On Apr 04, 2006
I know Nigeria is all about soccer, but i think that the impact of American Football would be profound.
American Football should be worldwide!!
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Seun(m): 6:06am On Apr 04, 2006
Compared to soccer, American football is a very rough, dangerous and complicated game. What makes you think Nigeria is ready for it right now, considering the fact that Nigerians follow European soccer but not American football?
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by nightrider: 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2006
nigerians are hungry, american football will kill us
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 12:12am On Apr 05, 2006
American Football is a very entertaining sport and is not for the feeble minded. Although Soccer is well known, it is not as captivating and i hope to popularize it.
Football is the greatest sport of all time in my opinion!!
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by mustafar1: 4:25am On Apr 05, 2006
Football is the greatest sport of all time in my opinion!!

efani is living in denial
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Seun(m): 4:36am On Apr 05, 2006
Denial? Definitely! grin
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2006
y'all dont know $hit lol. I used to like soccer and i still do but Football is da $hit!!
Do u even kno what i'm talkn about u soccer crazed fans!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2006
if u dont believe me watch this clip

http://www.guzer.com/videos/hard_tackles.php
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by LoverBwoy(m): 1:44am On Apr 07, 2006
Nigerian parents dont really like their kids playing[i] football [/i]  talk-less of American Football
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by mustafar1: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2006
efani its not a matter of knowing ish. its more about being skillful, being creative and not playing by the book. which is wat football is playing by the book. a QB cannot improvise and if he does its like 1ce in his whole career. in soccer there are tactics too and players have to follow tactics but if ur coach says"direct free kick" and the players notice lack of focus in their opponent, they can ditch they coaches choice, catch their opponents off guard and get a vital goal from wat would have otherwise been somewat of a waste cos most likely the ball would have been blocked by someone.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Eastcoast(f): 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2006
i love football. i can't wait for the season to begin. anyway it is kinda around the corner. Nigeria really needs to start playing the game. i used to be a fan of soccer but i was so surprised, on sunday, i tried to watch a soccer match on television and i was so surprised i couldn't even sit down and watch it for 5minutes because i found it boring, they were kinda just running after the ball. but in football, there is a lot of action n you feel involved in the game. the special teams, offense, defense, you know, a lot is happening on the field, the punting, quaterback throwing the ball in a spiral manner for 50 or more yards, i mean, it is just da bomb!!!! grin cheesy wink
grin
@efani, i watched the clip, most of those tackles has been banned from the nfl or they would definitely draw a flag. they were tackling the quater backs n most players by their helmet. as for this year's season, the nfl is banning players from celebrating their touch downs. they were like the players show off alot, which i don't quite agree with. i know some pllayers have issues such as Terrell owens, but i mean, what is a football game without those flamboyant touchdown celebration undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by deejay1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2006
tongue cool sad angry[color=#000099][/color] lipsrsealed shocked angry
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by deejay1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2006
american football is crap
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2006
@ East coast
i'm so glad there's someone here that understands. I used to be a die-hard soccer fan too and now i cant watch it. Foot ball is a lot more interesting than soccer. i really wanna thank u for ur input lol
I got a scholarship to play for Memphis State Univ. so i hope u cum c me wen the season starts lol
luk for number 28, safety.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2006
@ Deejay
I respect ur opinion, thats da way i felt too 4real till i started playing in my 8th grade year and now I cant live withoug it.
I dont have time to convince u so jus absorb yourself in ur ignorance
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2006
@ must a far
if u watch football, u would know that theres a lot of QBs that improvise and change plays jus by reading the defense. like terry bradshaw, peyton manning, michael vick(the greatest) e.t.c
Apparently u dont so i'll jus leave it that u dont know what u r talking about
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Eastcoast(f): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2006
@efani
wow! that is so kool, i really love football. i would definitely like to watch you play. hopefully i could watch you on TV. which positiong do you play? i really like wide recievers. anyway, Don't blame the rest for not liking football, it is because they don't understand, if otherwise they won't be talking the way they are. football is a very interesting n fun game. my favorite teams are the redskins, colts, broncos and of course everyone becomes a fan of the winning superbowl team wink the steelers. grin grin.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Eastcoast(f): 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2006
and by the way, quater backs improvise. they got their own way of making things work, u know, rushing for a first down etc. different strokes for different folks. i like peyton manning but he needs to get his team to the super bowl coz that is what the game is all about, it isn't enough to just make the off season and then lose,
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by nightrider: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2006
i like american football too. But i don't think Nigeria is ready for it. or Nigeria even wants it. The risk of concussions is to much.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Efani(m): 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2006
Free Safety
no. 28
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Eastcoast(f): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2006
i didn't even see it in your other post. that is kool. i am on the look out. D-fence
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by viee(f): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2007
when we never chop belle full shocked
dis one na physical game o
and dnt even expect to get sponsorship for it o!

we cant even invest good money in our local leaque not to talk of one wey no get that much popularity!
na license to grave jare
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by dinozzo(m): 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2007
lol @ viee. I tried watching the last super bowl and I dosed of half way through. Its boring to me.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by speedo(m): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2007
Give me one good reason why Nigerians shld be interested in a game called American Football?The game was created and is for Americans.It's only seriously played in America.It's not even half as interesting as volleyball,talkless of Soccer.It's like saying Nigerians shld start using Fahrenheit temperature measurement just because Americans do.Bullshit! grin
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by Dios(f): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2007
If u don't live in the states you'll never like or watch it. Its american and nigerians are raised and live on soccer so it aint gon happen. I couldn't stand it when i first got here either, and soccer lost its hold on me in 2000, now its football 24/7,Falcons all day.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by my2cents(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2007
America has taken away everything from us. Now na football remain. How can you call a game where the foot is only used seldomly "football". If that is the case, handball should be called football too. Please my brethren, don't let Americans run your lives from afar. Rather than them export sports to us, why can't we export sports to them?

In any event, the day we start playing American football, na im b say world don finish b dat. Not to mention, our bodies in Nigeria aren't made for American football - due to all d garri wey we dey chop, we are built from the waste down, as opposed to the typical American athlete who lifts weights and is built from the waste up.

Make una no fall for am o!
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by 9ja4eva: 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2007
Its nt in our blood.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by danniecool(m): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2007
It will be difficult to see guys having passion for the game here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by 9ja4eva: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2007
Very difficult indeed
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by CrazyMan(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2007
Nigeria doesn't have what it takes to participate in American football.
The sport is very rough and the medical facilitis in Nigeria are very poor. So i think that's what would discourage the players from participating in it.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by MP007(m): 3:16am On Jun 24, 2007
i remember when i was in nigeria.My father use to send me video games, Dididnt really understand american football until i got to watch the dallas cowboys play.The game is kinda interesting, and it aint that complicated @seun, no offence , but i now find soccer boring these dayz, just enjoy watching its highlight cos i just cant stand watching the ball being tossed around no more, i prefer watching baseball,basketball and ooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaa footballl, football season starts in sept, Go dallas cowboys, we gonna win the SUPER BALL, go oWENS!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For American Football by 9ja4eva: 3:25am On Jun 24, 2007
I watched dem once and for me it sucks

Soccer iz da best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year 2011 (VOTE NOW!) / Meet The Striker Who Scored 0 Goal In 24 Years Across 9 Teams / Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.