Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread (9726 Views)

Nigeria Vs Bolivia Friendly At Uyo Stadium On March 26 / Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier / PICS:Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by SuyaEater(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2012

3 Likes

Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by SuyaEater(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
updated thread pictures coming soon
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by ortopazz(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
when abeg, becos i go watch naija matches til my neck break, nt mentioning of AkwA UnIteD matches.
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by SuyaEater(m): 11:14pm On Jun 26, 2012

Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
I will cut off my JT if the stadium looks anything like the picture posted.

As far as i'm concerned, this is another avenue to waste public fund on a stadium that will not be viable because the local league is not well packaged. I guess they'll make money by renting it to churches to use for their crusade.

1 Like

Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
Btw, doesn't Uyo already have a stadium?
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva: I will cut off my JT if the stadium looks anything like the picture posted.

That is ehn. You beat me to it. Though I'd donate my JT to charity instead if that ever happens. It's incredible how the finished product NEVER matches the prototype in this part of the world.
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva: I will cut off my JT if the stadium looks anything like the picture posted.

As far as i'm concerned, this is another avenue to waste public fund on a stadium that will not be viable because the local league is not well packaged. I guess they'll make money by renting it to churches to use for their crusade.
I think the only difference will be the skyline, Architect always follow prototype to the minute percentile. Prototype seems to be night vision, cos I see headlamp on...
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by chuckdee4(m): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
Is it with PHCN's eratic power supply that they want to light up this stadium with.
This is just a waste of funds, don't we have enough stadia in the country already, couldn't this money have been put to better use like maintaining decaying infrastructure or building up new ones.
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by tpia5: 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
As long as the graphics designer got paid. . . . . . . .
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by tpapi: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva: Btw, doesn't Uyo already have a stadium?
they av but they want 2 step up n build a modern one
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by honeric01(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
tpapi: they av but they want 2 step up n build a modern one

Meaning they are going to have 2 in Uyo or upgrading the present one?
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Nightshift(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
Another gold mine for Bilfiger Berger AG. Always smiling to the bank in this part of the world doing white-elephant jobs for imprudent Nigeria government. Wonder why they refused to give us our first Autobahn on the West - East road.
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2012

I go N'aked pour Libation for New yam festival...

Plus why they wont rebrand the local league so it can help us with building stadiums I dont know
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by SuyaEater(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
Instead of you guys to be impressed that nigeria is actually building quality stadium you moan about this and that. What about the roads being developed in uyo by the governor,...want me to show u other projects?

4 Likes

Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Freeanijoo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
Akpabio i support you on this, keep the ball rolling.
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by novaman: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
if they build people will complain and if they don't people will still complain; in my opinion I believe they should continue to build, one day good people will fill those administrative offices of sports and there won't be any need to build again but to maintain; its better than diverting the money to other countries

2 Likes

Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by awesomet1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2012

Guy take am easy wink
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by novaman: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
I found this image in another site claiming to be the stadium so which one is the stadium or maybe one is old then the other is new

Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by tpia5: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
well, as long as someone is being paid for these prototypes ie graphic design. . . . . . .
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by DisGuy: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
THEY should stop building atheletics track with these stadiums they are redundant and make viewing a bit distant

2 Likes

Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by EPOMA(m): 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
How much does it cost , my concern is the price and it can not look the same as the picture becos it is being built by Berger
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by BabaTony: 6:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
I will cut off my JT if the stadium looks anything like the picture posted.

As far as i'm concerned, this is another avenue to waste public fund on a stadium that will not be viable because the local league is not well packaged. I guess they'll make money by renting it to churches to use for their crusade

Guy u get to be ready to submit that ur JT for butchering because I have sharpened my matchet ready to pieces it. I am saying this because that stadium will surely be completed!
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by musiwa1: 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
ff
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by NnamdiN: 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
Akpabio is a promise keeper. Afam4ever get ready to surrender that ur JT coz that stadium wud be exactly like the prototype. Have u seen tropicana in uyo ? Compare it with the prototype and you'd be amazed. Its preferable to have "white Elephant" projects to no elephants at all. ask Abians in the self acclaimed "elephant city ". If there were stadia like that in 9ja , perhaps I wuda been a soccer lover.
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Xtranoble: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva: Btw, doesn't Uyo already have a stadium?
Uyo has a stadium as a Local government, and that also what Akwa United uses. Its very small and there is No room for possible expansion cos of its location
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by Xtranoble: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2012

WHAT YOU HAVEN'T MONITORED ABOUT AKWA IBOM IS THAT WE GO FOR THE BEST, CHECK OUT ALL THE PROJECTS OF GODSWILL AKPABIO'S ADMINISTRATION, THEY ARE WORLD CLASS. You better learn how to appreciate whats happen IN Nigeria now. Be smart else the snail will be faster than you. No More settling for mediocrity.
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by stpat1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
HOAX
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by SuyaEater(m): 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
Xtranoble:
WHAT YOU HAVEN'T MONITORED ABOUT AKWA IBOM IS THAT WE GO FOR THE BEST, CHECK OUT ALL THE PROJECTS OF GODSWILL AKPABIO'S ADMINISTRATION, THEY ARE WORLD CLASS. You better learn how to appreciate whats happen IN Nigeria now. Be smart else the snail will be faster than you. No More settling for mediocrity.

I clap for you especially your last line!!!! Well said!
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by akwaowoudo(m): 5:18am On Jun 28, 2012
SuyaEater: What about the roads being developed in uyo by the governor,
Are roads developed or constructed?
Re: 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread by otodeluxe(m): 11:06am On Jun 28, 2012
Akwa ibom enyin ado ook

(1) (2) (Reply)

U20 WWCQ: Falconets Thrash Central African Republic (CAR) 7 - 0 In Douala / Messi, Mbappe, Other Nominees For Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award / Amusa Shittu Is Dead (Former Nigerian International, aka 'The Bulldozer')

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.