Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria (8531 Views)

Uk Arrival !!! Sony Vaio Intel Core I3 6gb Ram 640gb Hard Drive For **50k** / Any Difference Between Notebook, Netbook, Ultrabook, Probook And Laptop? / Microsoft’s Office 2013 Debuts In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by mukina2: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2012

Sony, the leading consumer electronics brand has announced the launch of its VAIO line-up of notebook computers in Nigeria. The new VAIO E Series, a range of notebooks that blend exceptional design with optimal performance for everyday use and the VAIO C series, which feature special edition colours and exciting patterns are two series which are now available in the Nigerian market. The new models offer consumers unparalleled immersive entertainment and business computing while at home or on the go.

A statement released by the company said the VAIO E Series is equipped with one of the latest processors – The 2nd generation Intel® Core™ Processor with improved adaptive performance that adds speed when you need it. You can move effortlessly from one application to another without any hesitation or interruption, and 4-way multi-task processing lets you get more done faster.

The graphics is provided by AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 Graphics or Intel® HD Graphics 3000. You can select the most suitable processor and graphics from these choices by your style of usage. In terms of design, the surface of the new VAIO E Series features a truss pattern in which several small triangles construct one large hexagon, a noble design that matches any scene.

VAIO E Series is preinstalled with various applications and utilities and most of them launch at one touch of a button. Just push the ‘WEB’ button for Quick Web Access, and it allows speedy access to the web browsing. Clicking the ‘VAIO’ button launches Media Gallery that lets you enjoy and organize your photos, videos and music in a fun and easy way. There is also a dedicated ‘ASSIST’ button. It gives one-touch access to VAIO Care which simplifies basic maintenance and troubleshooting tasks to keep your VAIO in good condition. In addition to these instant access buttons, VAIO E Series is also pre-installed with PMB VAIO Edition software to let you easily organize, create and share your photos and videos.

The company also released the new Sony VAIO C Series – featuring a sleek design that stands out beautifully. The 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5 CPU with AMD Radeon™ HD 6630M discrete GPU (VRAM: 1GB) to satisfy the need without stress for the everyday usage, and various features to make the PC experience more enlightening. In all, this PC is designed to brighten the life of the users.

The VAIO C Series is equipped with a variety of useful features, such as the HD web camera powered by “Exmor”, HDMI out (3D supported), Quick Web Access, backlit keyboard, USB3.0, and more to enlighten the PC experience. The HD web camera powered by “Exmor” allows the users to share photo/video, or chat at 1.3M pixel HD resolution[1] with noise reduction in low-light situations, HDMI out (3D supported) allows to display 3D BD contents on 3D TV via HDMI cable, and the Quick Web Access lets the users to access to the internet without boosting the OS, the backlit keyboard lights up the keyboard in the dark automatically, and the USB3.0 transfers large size data almost ten times[2] faster than USB2.0. In the end, all these will make the life enriched and convenient. The VAIO E and C Series are also available across the regions covering Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcout and Ibadan.

Source
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
Price??
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by SirP1: 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
The new Macbooks are still better
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by slimming: 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
Announcing a product is not the issue with our market, the price is a great determinant for their market penetration in a saturated market like Nigeria. They should raise competitive pricing for better market leadership.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by dakiri(m): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
I am pretty sure, that the price will be the determining factor in how well they will do.j
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
coming two years late after hp, acer and all the others have captured the market for those superslow things called netbooks
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by kaiter: 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
I used to like it.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by heilige(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
I have one. I prefer samsung over sony. I tried both already
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
So ?
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by onandon: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
?
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by onandon: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sir P!:

Without a DVD drive ?
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Peterson1993(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
Yeah..!! Daz my pc brand.. The best pc product you can ever wish for. Battery efficiency is suparb. Local disk memory is out of the the world(about 300GB). Vio care is delicious.. What else can I say. .. Even apple keep shut when sony vio is speaking.. Chikena..!!
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sir P!:
_
Already trashed by Microsoft Surface. NEXT!
@topic, Dell XPS 15 is sexier.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
Peterson1993: Yeah..!! Daz my pc brand.. The best pc product you can ever wish for. Battery efficiency is suparb. Local disk memory is out of the the world(about 300GB). Vio care is delicious.. What else can I say. .. Even apple keep shut when sony vio is speaking.. Chikena..!!
_
What the french! 300GB is "out of the world"? Wow! When Dell XPS 15 comes with 1TB. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Jeezy: 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
I havent had a good notebook experience with Sony. My VAIO CS110E makes a lot of noise. Very annoying noise. I really liked the look of Sony laptops, but unfortunately my excitement has waned tremendoulsly
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sir P!:
How can you prove that?

I think you are just following the iPhone enthusiasts views.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
What the french! 300GB is "out of the world"? Wow! When Dell XPS 15 comes with 1TB. Smh.
But, Sony Vaio Z-series is 750GB(hard disk size is not a big issue in a system).Don't just compare the specs dude!
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Peterson1993(m): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
lol 1TB? 1 tuberculosis I guess. The laptop go de cough every time ooo..!! Jk

1 Like

Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
Peterson1993: lol 1TB? 1 tuberculosis I guess. The laptop go de cough every time ooo..!! Jk
Not only that, 1terabytes Hard disk size is available for most laptop including Sony Viao. It cost between 100 to 120 dollars to get.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Peterson1993(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Not only that, 1terabytes Hard disk size is available for most laptop including Sony Viao. It cost between 100 to 120 dollars to get.
Did I just hear you say $120 shocked ... Daz less than #20,000... And that can even afford a real mobile phone let alone a sony vaio lappy or you are referring to a china laptop,
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
purplekayc: Price??
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by pryzlez: 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Peterson1993: Did I just hear you say $120 shocked ... Daz less than #20,000... And that can even afford a real mobile phone let alone a sony vaio lappy or you are referring to a china laptop,

Hez referring to the 1TB HDD and not the sony laptop
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by bknight: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sony vaio laptops are ones I won't ever attempt to buy again. Learnt from experience with those pretty little things with more trouble than a dissatisfied housewife
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Peterson1993(m): 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
pryzlez:

Hez referring to the 1TB HDD and not the sony laptop
Yep.. I misquoted him but understand now. Was too much in a hurry reading through cos my babe was seriously disturbing me grin
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by zaibatsu(m): 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
Second Generation Intel Core processors? Is that a joke or was this piece taken from a 2011 article? Elsewhere Sony announced the launch of the new s13, s15, etc. All based on the Third Gen Ivy Bridge processors.
Sell that crap somewhere else!

2 Likes

Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: But, Sony Vaio Z-series is 750GB(hard disk size is not a big issue in a system).Don't just compare the specs dude!
_
Dude google Dell XPS 15. There's nothing sexier. Both in specs,design and battery life.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: Not only that, 1terabytes Hard disk size is available for most laptop including Sony Viao. It cost between 100 to 120 dollars to get.
_
Maybe, but that's an upgrade. The 1TB is the base storage size of the XPS 15.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sir P!:

Until I see the difference between my macbook pro (which was "better" last year), I won'tbe touching the new mac book. Apple products are often exaggerated and the "newer" products are usually a slight change from the old ones. No major difference.

And the new Macbook does not even have a DVD/CD player. Not welcoming for students.

PS: Never going to PC again.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by dastudent(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Until I see the difference between my macbook pro (which was "better" last year), I won'tbe touching the new mac book. Apple products are often exaggerated and the "newer" products are usually a slight change from the old ones. No major difference.

And the new Macbook does not even have a DVD/CD player. Not welcoming for students.

PS: Never going to PC again.

Get an external DVD.

My MacBookPro DVD Rom as been dead for over 7 months now and I don't miss it.

Besides if you are serious,you would have a one or two external devices.Wink.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
da student:

Get an external DVD.

My MacBookPro DVD Rom as been dead for over 7 months now and I don't miss it.

Besides if you are serious,you would have a one or two external devices.Wink.

So I'll have to be carrying an external DVD around with me while I'm using one of the "best upgrades" apple can offer?

not much of an upgrade, from my viewpoint.

The point of such "inventions" is so that ppl like me could use "more" while obtaining "less".
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by folahann(m): 10:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Trust me Viao netbooks are really cool. Battery life is superb, like 8.5 hrs. Very durable and easy to carry around w/o feeling u're carrying anything. A nice option for a 2nd laptop

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / How Do I Get Bandwidth Via SAT-3? (NITEL Wholesale Internet Services) / Are Internet Services In Nigeria Really Another Big Joke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.