Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Bankers Are Frauds! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bankers Are Frauds! (6645 Views)

How Foreign Bankers Lure Nigerian Elite To Early Graves / Ex-bankers Jailed 91 Years Over N114.6m Fraud (Photo) / Why Insider Frauds Thrive In Banks- Assbifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
The police is mostly regarded as the most corrupt people in Nigeria,this is due to their ability to force you to pay bribe against your wwill. Though,some people willingly pay,but most victims of the police are forced.

I am not talking from a third party narration,it actually happened to me,in fact just today.

I have been robbed by bankers so many times,when i mean robbed, i mean money taken from my account and not refunded. some times, it happened through the ATM machine refusal to dispense cash or just automatic deduction through account without meaningful explanation for the charges.

In all this situations,i did complain to the bank and they would promise to make refund,but they would end up not making any refund,but since the cash is not so much,i could not afford to be going to the bank all the time to make complain until the money is forgotten.

What happened today is so worst,its not a stolen money like that of ATM machine which usually happened due to error or automatic deduction which is termed a charge on some things not known, it is a first hand robbery. The same bankers would join their voice in condemning Farouk Lawal for taking bribe,they would say all sort of thing about police,they would even accuse NEPA of exploiting us,but what they do is far worst than all this entities joined together. Bankers are corrupt than the police,believe it or not,they are thieves and criminals with the exemption of the genuine bankers who uphold their integrity in Banking and observe the best practices.

It all happened this morning,i got a money gram to cash sent from the UK for an urgent assignment. For the urgency of this cash,i didn't want to go to my bank because it is far away, so i decided to branch the nearest bank ETB,when i got there,i was made to understand they don't cash money gram. the next bank close to it was spring bank,i went in and asked if they cash money gram and they said yes,but i was asked if i have an account with the bank which i answered no,for his reason,they made me realize they can't cash the money unless i have an account with them. This automatically make me realized i can't help but go to my bank.

Straight to Oceanic bank now Ecobank,they told me they don't cash money gram too,i quickly head to my other bank GTB and they said they don't cash it too. At this point, i was so depressed,considering all this hustle.
How on earth won't you be cashing money gram i questioned and i was calmed and told to go to UBA bank.

Upon reaching the UBA,i meet the guy at the Moneygram counter and i told him i want to cash money gram,he asked if i have an account with them and i replied no,he then said it would be some how cashing without account. I asked why must i have an account to cash money gram in a bank,it is suppose to be a money transfer which can be cashed anywhere,he said yes,but it is some times difficult. He said i should go to my bank or i would pay him something to do it,i said my bank don't cash moneygram and i was directed from there to come here.

He told me to sit while he get a teller,he got it and gave me to fill, telling me the difficulty of cashing it and charges i would pay. This is apart from the money gram charges which had already been paid to the bank. Upon cashing the fund, he didn't hand it over to me,he said i should tell how much he would remove from it, i said i don't no, as you can see, its a very small money aimed to be used for something very urgent,he insisted i tell him how much he would take, i don't know what to say. He said,it is the because of the amount involved,if not, he would be the one to charge me himself and if i can't pay,he wouldn't cash it.

At the end, you would be surprise on how much he deducted..... 10%. What a shame.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
smiley grin
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by ogb5(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
i don't know what to call you.

anyway you could have told him to remove 0% if you were man enough

1 Like

Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
lol
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Andrew3(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
so you allowed the farouker to farouk you in day time.
You became a faroukee because you allowed yourself to
be farouked by the farouker. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
bilms:
It all happened this morning,i got a money gram to cash sent from the UK for an urgent assignment. For the urgency of this cash,i didn't want to go to my bank because it is far away, so i decided to branch the nearest bank ETB,when i got there,i was made to understand they don't cash money gram. the next bank close to it was spring bank,i went in and asked if they cash money gram and they said yes,but i was asked if i have an account with the bank which i answered no,for his reason,they made me realize they can't cash the money unless i have an account with them. This automatically make me realized i can't help but go to my bank.

Straight to Oceanic bank now Ecobank,[/b]they told me they don't cash money gram too,i [b]quickly head to my other bank GTB and they said they don't cash it too. At this point, i was so depressed,considering all this hustle.
How on earth won't you be cashing money gram i questioned and i was calmed and told to go to UBA bank.

Upon reaching the UBA,i meet the guy at the Moneygram counter and i told him i want to cash money gram,he asked if i have an account with them and i replied no,[/b]he then said [b]it would be some how cashing without account. I asked why must i have an account to cash money gram in a bank,it is suppose to be a money transfer which can be cashed anywhere,he said yes,but it is some times difficult. He said i should go to my bank or i would pay him something to do it[color=#990000][/color],i said my bank don't cash moneygram and i was directed from there to come here.

He told me to sit while he get a teller,he got it and gave me to fill, telling me the difficulty of cashing it and charges i would pay. This is apart from the money gram charges which had already been paid to the bank. Upon cashing the fund, he didn't hand it over to me,he said i should tell how much he would remove from it, i said i don't no, as you can see, its a very small money aimed to be used for something very urgent,he insisted i tell him how much he would take, i don't know what to say. He said,it is the because of the amount involved,if not, he would be the one to charge me himself and if i can't pay,he wouldn't cash it.

At the end, you would be surprise on how much he deducted..... 10%. What a shame.

You were rightly educated by the banks you visited about the procedure to follow in order to cash the money that was sent to you via MoneyGram but you persisted to look for a short-cut. According to your story, you did this because you were in a hurry.

I really can't place what your problem is - ignorance or fraudulent tendencies? Why did you ignore all the advice that the various banks gave you (ETB, Spring, GTBank, Ecobank, and UBA). shocked shocked shocked Why were you avoiding the bank where you have an account? Are you even sure you have a bank account? If you do, what is the name of your bank and how come you did not go to one of their branches?

On getting to UBA, you wrote that the guy also told you that you needed to have an account but you obviously insisted and agreed that he should go on to help you regardless of the charges. Are you sure you are the real owner of the money? If you were, you would not be ready to part with 10% (out of the little amount) because you could easily have walked into the bank where you have an account. My suspicion is that you were running away from something. You probably came across the money transfer details (belonging to another person) and proceeded to convert it. In doing this, the bank worker colluded with you and charged 10%.

In conclusion, you story is ludicrous and portrays you in a rather bad light (either in terms of not listening to advice/obstinacy, ignorance, or lack of integrity).

So really, the title of your post is misleading. What even concerns the Police in the disjointed story?

4 Likes

Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
are sure you read this post before making a comment?

1 Like

Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Umartins1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
You are one of the dumbest ppl on earth!!

I keep wondering when an oaf like you just pick up phone and types rubbish.

I'm having a suspicious look at you just like the guy above me have said. And next time, dont give your crooked-article a topic as such.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
bilms: are sure you read this post before making a comment?

It looks like you're not so smart. I referenced your post and highlighted relevant parts. I also asked you a number of specific questions before arriving at a conclusion. How was I able to do that without reading your post?

Are you sure you're not one of those who have undeserved access to the internet. Your posts reek of ignorance and wrong information. Why didn't you answer any of my questions. From your conduct so far, your character is questionable.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
bilms: The police is mostly regarded as the most corrupt people in Nigeria,this is due to their ability to force you to pay bribe against your wwill. Though,some people willingly pay,but most victims of the police are forced.

I am not talking from a third party narration,it actually happened to me,in fact just today.

I have been robbed by bankers so many times,when i mean robbed, i mean money taken from my account and not refunded. some times, it happened through the ATM machine refusal to dispense cash or just automatic deduction through account without meaningful explanation for the charges.

In all this situations,i did complain to the bank and they would promise to make refund,but they would end up not making any refund,but since the cash is not so much,i could not afford to be going to the bank all the time to make complain until the money is forgotten.

Stop throwing mud everywhere and making wild allegations. Which bank took money from your account without your permission? Give the name and branch of the bank. Yes, ATMs can malfunction but you'll get your money if you complain or sometimes if you don't complain depending on the nature of the problem. I also admit that it may take a while to re-credit your account but it's not true that they will ignore to return your money.

Again, which 'automatic deduction' are you talking about? What is the description on your statement or your alert messages? How many times has this happened to you and what is the total amount? Can you post a screen shot? Was your complaint verbal or in writing?

Please be careful in making wild allegations. The image of Nigeria and Nigerian businesses is already bad enough. Don't compound it with your infantile and unsubstantiated allegations.

3 Likes

Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
oceanic now ecobank.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
what do u mean by unsubstantiated allegation? Even d bank manager can't deny it.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
I can see that you've changed the title of the post to 'bankers are fraud' from 'bankers are more corrupt than police'. Which is which? What a general and baseless statement to make.

Waiting for you to substantiate the weighty and damaging allegations anyway.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
oceanic now ecobank,maitama branch at gana street.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
my complain was verbal not written. Anyway,the post is not about those past events but the present one
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 6:40am On Jun 28, 2012
k
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by papadenzel(m): 8:21am On Jun 28, 2012
If you read the op properly, you'll realize that in the bank the poster operates accounts, they don't have moneygram but western union. So his choice for picking @ any bank that does @ any cost. Make your investigations properly and you'll see that it is the norm for these tellers doing int'l transfers to do such manipulations.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Enoquin(f): 8:47am On Jun 28, 2012
Well, methinks you should have stood your ground in not allowing the banker take the 10 percent, since you claimed it was meant for an urgent assignment...
I was told the same by First Bank, this one was for Western Union. The lady at the counter told me I needed to have an account with the bank OR get someone that had an account with the bank to sign a guarantor form. I was a bit angry because I had so much to do that day and when I asked if that meant I had to go and drag someone from his/her office that I knew had an account, she told me I could talk to anyone that had an account in the banking hall and maybe I would find someone willing to help. In the end an Abubakar helped me out by filling a guarantor's form.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by onatisi(m): 8:47am On Jun 28, 2012
bilms: are sure you read this post before making a comment?

i dont think he read it at all and to even add to it i dont think he has the ability to read ,reasn and digest.when i read some ppls comments on nl i shiver with fright and wonder what sort f educated ppl our universities are churning out.here in ghana u dont need an accountt to cash moneygram or wu.i was surprised when i got to nigeria and asked to open an account .you wont believe it the security man at the gate told me he could help me and to my surprise brought out the form to be filled by someone who has an account and knows u mind you the form was fully signed and stamped.just like the poster said i parted with 10%.this happened to me on 3 occassions.so i quite agree with the poster on this issue having aan account before cashing money tranfers will not stop bank frauds if anything it is likely to have a negative effects on banks that have limited number of branches and network.thank you poster for bringing this topic up
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 8:55am On Jun 28, 2012
papadenzel: If you read the op properly, you'll realize that in the bank the poster operates accounts, they don't have moneygram but western union. So his choice for picking @ any bank that does @ any cost. Make your investigations properly and you'll see that it is the norm for these tellers doing int'l transfers to do such manipulations.

The poster did not give any indication that he had accounts in the banks he went to first but it's not clear if he has an account in GTBank or not. Again, whether or not he has an account in GTBank, have you confirmed that GTBank does not pay Moneygram Tranfers? Of course, a little search will tell you that GTBank offers Moneygram service: http://www.gtb.sl/products-and-services/banking-services/moneygram.html

I ask again, what was the poster looking for? Why didn't he just go to his bank branch? Why did he ignore all the advice given to him? Why did he agree to what the UBA guy told him about the 10% charge even after being told that he must have an account in UBA before collecting the cash? Didn't the sender of the transfer tell him about the requirements to collect the cash?

The account of the poster is riddled with holes and he was just so much in a hurry to paint all bankers with the same brush, albeit unjustly and baselessly.

If indeed there was any fraud, the poster was ostensibly part of it.

1 Like

Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2012
onatisi:

i dont think he read it at all and to even add to it i dont think he has the ability to read ,reasn and digest.when i read some ppls comments on nl i shiver with fright and wonder what sort f educated ppl our universities are churning out.here in ghana u dont need an accountt to cash moneygram or wu.i was surprised when i got to nigeria and asked to open an account .you wont believe it the security man at the gate told me he could help me and to my surprise brought out the form to be filled by someone who has an account and knows u mind you the form was fully signed and stamped.just like the poster said i parted with 10%.this happened to me on 3 occassions.so i quite agree with the poster on this issue having aan account before cashing money tranfers will not stop bank frauds if anything it is likely to have a negative effects on banks that have limited number of branches and network.thank you poster for bringing this topic up

I shudder at the reasoning and the quality of the post of someone that is accusing some people of not getting good education. embarassed

Let me ask you, why did Nigerian banks make it a requirement for beneficiaries of transfers to have accounts? What was the situation before then and what led to it? Tell me, dear product of a good educational system. I am waiting for your answer on this. It is only then that you can begin to compare the system in Ghana to that of Nigeria. For now, the comparison is hasty and shallow.

On the three occasions that you parted with 10%, why didn't you simply follow the guideline that was given to you by opening an account? You chose to patronise a tout at the gate and fraudulently agreed to part with 10% in order to circumvent the official system! embarassed You patronized the black market that was manned by a security man. embarassed And you said you don't know the kind of people our universities are churning out. embarassed shocked The rot starts with you.

You are one of those giving Nigerians a bad name. Yet you have the temerity to accuse others of the problem you're guilty of. SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Sgtkoselupa: 9:07am On Jun 28, 2012
The policy to have an account before you can cash any transfer in your favour via Western Union or Moneygram was breached by that banker for peculiarly gains. No thanks to our country specific fraud level which made this anti people policy to be introduced. Many Nigerians that are expecting remittances do not have account, and this is creating anoda money milking opportunity for criminal bank employees. Nigerians, haba!
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2012
Sgtkoselupa: The policy to have an account before you can cash any transfer in your favour via Western Union or Moneygram was breached by that banker for peculiarly gains. No thanks to our country specific fraud level which made this anti people policy to be introduced. Many Nigerians that are expecting remittances do not have account, and this is creating anoda money milking opportunity for criminal bank employees. Nigerians, haba!

How is it a big deal to have an account? What statistics did you rely on to say that 'many Nigerians expecting remittances to not have accounts'? Who are the kind of people that mostly receive remittances?

How come you are not blaming the poster who agreed to part with 10% in order to beat the system? Is he less guilty? Why did he ignore the advice given by all the banks he went to? Is the poster one of those 'many Nigerians' that don't have access to bank accounts? Even when he got to UBA, he was first advised to have an account.

Why are you guys not being objective? He went to about 5 banks and all of them advised him to have an account but he's now turning round to blame all the banks for the 'deal' he voluntarily entered into with one banker.

What was the poster running away from?
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2012
Enoquin: Well, methinks you should have stood your ground in not allowing the banker take the 10 percent, since you claimed it was meant for an urgent assignment...
I was told the same by First Bank, this one was for Western Union. The lady at the counter told me I needed to have an account with the bank OR get someone that had an account with the bank to sign a guarantor form. I was a bit angry because I had so much to do that day and when I asked if that meant I had to go and drag someone from his/her office that I knew had an account, she told me I could talk to anyone that had an account in the banking hall and maybe I would find someone willing to help. In the end an Abubakar helped me out by filling a guarantor's form.

This is the way to go.

Don't mind the OP. He's yet to prove my allegations against him.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by onatisi(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2012
so u are trying to tell me that it is by force to have an account if you are not prepared to have one.what about foreingners coming in for short vacations they too must open an account be force to collect money transfers?you have to realise that this thing is perculiar to nigeria only .the standard procedure should be a valid identification and not an account.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by bilms(m): 10:47am On Jun 28, 2012
i like making clarifications,but have been so busy since. I shall respond to evry comment in some hours time. Note: i am not just posting,i am contacting appropriate authorities to correct this.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by onatisi(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2012
bilms: i like making clarifications,but have been so busy since. I shall respond to evry comment in some
hours time. Note: i am not just posting,i am contacting appropriate authorities to correct this.

if you can contact the authorities i think it will be very useful because no matter how much you try to puncture our allegations it doesnt stop the anomaies that is been committed in our banks and if they can rescind the decisin on having an accunt before money transfer collection.that will be very good opening of a bank account should be a thorough process.pls do we will welcome any positive results from ur consultations with the authorities
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by Pukkah: 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
onatisi: so u are trying to tell me that it is by force to have an account if you are not prepared to have one.what about foreingners coming in for short vacations they too must open an account be force to collect money transfers?you have to realise that this thing is perculiar to nigeria only .the standard procedure should be a valid identification and not an account.

You're still evading my question. What led to the requirement to have an account before collecting money transfers in Nigeria? Do you know it?

Of course I know it's peculiar to Nigeria but that is not the issue here or the purpose of this thread.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by papagiddy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
Most likely the source of the money is fraud or yahoo yahoo for him to allow the banker to deduct 10%. FOR WHAT!!! most banker too encourage yahoo yahoo by selling out reference form or guarantor's form at 10% off the total value.this guy is not telling the whole truth!!! bankers at the customer service table have already signed reference form obtained from unsuspected current account holder in large quantity.That is why u dont just sign any thing in bank especially when u are opening an accont
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by mrrock: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
Those against this post; are you saying there's no corruption in Nigeria banks?.
There's no institution in Nigeria that's not corrupt. And Ecobank is one of the most corrupt bank in Nigeria. What happened to me there was better a nightmare. I have long stoped banking with them. That bank is just a group of thieves.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by othenok(f): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
@ Pukkah u re on point.
I believe this new policy was started to discourage yahoo-yahoo boys.
The policy was started right about the same time CBN brought up strict KYC ( Know Your Customer ) compliance for all bank customers. In a situation were d transaction is fraudlent the fraudster can be traced via the bank account.
Re: Bankers Are Frauds! by ijebuboy18(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
You gave a bank worker bribe because u could not follow the procedure of going 2 d bank where u have an account or looking 4 a guarantor that has an account in UBA n now come 2 NL 2 accuse them of being crooks n fraudsters. You r just as guilty as the banker n extremely gullible 2 give away 10% of the money (weather yahoo or not).
Kindly remove the log of wood from ur eye,b4 u remove the speck in mine. You just dey throw accusations about when u r guilty of the same crime.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Use MTN Mpulse 1.2GB For N150 To Power All Apps / My Frustrating Experience With ALAT By Wema Bank Customer Service / Recharge Card Printing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.