Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun (5419 Views)

Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Dangote's $600million Cement Plant In Ethiopia (A Closer Look) / Setting Up A Juice Manufacturing Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by mukina2: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2012
The Managing Director of Procter and Gamble West Africa, Manoj Kumar on Wednesday said that the multinational company is working on a new manufacturing plant worth $250 million in Ogun State.

Mr Kumar, who disclosed this in Abeokuta during a visit to the Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, said that the new manufacturing plant, when completed, would employ 750 Nigerians and create opportunities for about 300 Small and Medium-scale entrepreneurs in the country.

Source
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Caracta(f): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
Good development. Hope it won't result into another abandoned project.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by inspirenet: 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
Caracta: Good development. Hope it won't result into another abandoned project.
smiley
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Ortis: 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
Agbaya!!!! Na today i begin see or hear of multi million naira project....i guex dy suld revive d dead textile nd power companies b4....twistin our brain towards buildin another one

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ortis: Agbaya!!!! Na today i begin see or hear of multi million naira project....i guex dy suld revive d dead textile nd power companies b4....twistin our brain towards buildin another one
na your money dem wan use build am?
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Cyberconnect12: 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
Wow I love nairaland.com am actually looking for this information an here is it.

Thanks to the posters
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by bodejohn(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
Caracta: Good development. Hope it won't result into another abandoned project.
Ortis: Agbaya!!!! Na today i begin see or hear of multi million naira project....i guex dy suld revive d dead textile nd power companies b4....twistin our brain towards buildin another one

Guys,
Procter & Gamble is a private and multinational company, there is nothing like abandoning the project.
If you care to know, the project is no longer a plan, the contract has been awarded to Julius Berger and recruitment of staffs has already begun.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by boyendowed(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
Good one.The country needs more investments like this
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by highland(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
Let stop promoting they will rather they have
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
highland: Let stop promoting they will rather they have
WTF undecided undecided
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by jason123: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
Na only SE and SW dey Naija?! If not Imo today, na Ogun tomorrow. My SS bros and sisters, let us try to attract investment to our region! Haba!!! angry sad
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by jason123: 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
Btw, nice one Ogun state!
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Siga: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
P&G is an ok place to work...They dont abandon a project that has been in the works for over 5yrs....I worked with them awhile back....ok pay too
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by laidback(m): 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2012

Bros, it's a MNC that's embarking on the project not your FG. FYI they have one just as big in Ibadan. In fact we should be thankful that a coy as respectable, profitable and gigantic as P&G has decided despite the humongous and avoidable challenges to take Nigeria as it's base of operations in West Africa. I for one know that they run their Ibadan plant strictly on Caterpillar Gen sets - I mean we are talking humongous diesel costs here.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Reference(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2012
bodejohn:

Guys,
Procter & Gamble is a private and multinational company, there is nothing like abandoning the project.
If you care to know, the project is no longer a plan, the contract has been awarded to Julius Berger and recruitment of staffs has already begun.

Don't mind them. Trauma causes a lot of damage.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by animasaun(m): 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2012
More factories are coming t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ t̲̣̣̥hƐ̷̃̊ state t̲̣̣̥håt̲̣̣̥ refused t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ take care of roads leading t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ t̲̣̣̥hƐ̷̃̊ existing ones.Many people could not get into their offices i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Sango-Otta this ♍ŏŕŋïήğ as a result bad roads & lack of water ways leading t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ serious flooding as a result of rainfall overhight. This is an area populated with many factories & offices & pay taxes every year with nothing t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ show 4 it on t̲̣̣̥hƐ̷̃̊ part of t̲̣̣̥hƐ̷̃̊ government.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Sagamite(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2012

Look at this bloody product of a failed education system!

They open their mouth and vomit their stewpid opinion without any ratiocination.

Mugu, explain to me why you think it is the textile industry they (whoever they is) should revive?

Who is responsible for power? Ogun state government? P&G?

Since when did building a FMCG manufacturing plant equate is the same as building a textile or power company.

@topic

Being a manufacturing hub and an annex for Lagos is the strategy I have been advocating Ogun state follows but the mugu we have as governor was talking about agriculture.

Omugor is lucky that the right strategy is emerging by accident.

bodejohn:

Guys,

Abeg where dem dey build am? Which town?

Make I know whether dem don go invade into my land and bring Obatala come fight dem.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by ariyebaba(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
I hope they employ Nigerians not foreigners.

BTW, dis is an opportunity for me to supply them building materials from start to finish.

smiley cheesy wink
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Reference(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2012
And its good to publicize such moves to prove to doubters that Nigeria may be tough but it is certainly viable. And it will only get better as infrastructure improves then the bus of investment will have left leaving the fickle fingers saying how did P&G do it. How did they become a monopoly. Maybe they play party politics. We have seen them aplenty.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Siga: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
ariyebaba: I hope they employ Nigerians not foreigners.

BTW, dis is an opportunity for me to supply them building materials from start to finish.

smiley cheesy wink

They employ Nigerians alot....they have enough guys to train those hires....plus they offer foreign training if its a new line...
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Sagamite(m): 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2012
Reference: And its good to publicize such moves to prove to doubters that Nigeria may be tough but it is certainly viable. And it will only get better as infrastructure improves then the bus of investment will have left leaving the fickle fingers saying how did P&G do it. How did they become a monopoly. Maybe they play party politics. We have seen them aplenty.

Investors will look for a place that is not tough but is still viable.

Infrstructure is unlikely to improve (at least at low cost) if you have cretins like Retardeed Jonathan as president that celebrates corruption and refuses to prosecute corrupt people like Oil Subsidy and Halliburton. Officials will know funds for infrastructure is free to be stolen and even if anything is built it would be at exorbitant cost and the intent to recoup the funds will mean higher fees for users.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Ejine(m): 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
jason123: Na only SE and SW dey Naija?! If not Imo today, na Ogun tomorrow. My SS bros and sisters, let us try to attract investment to our region! Haba!!! angry sad

Shut up, you ungrateful child!
Can't you see our beloved governor is picking up stones with 7.4 billion naira, thus creating more jobs and empowering the youth for investments?
What more do you want? angry
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by jason123: 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ejiné:

Can't you see our beloved governor is picking up stones with 7.4 billion naira, thus creating more jobs and empowering the youth for investments?

Love the sarcasm!!! grin grin grin
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by stillme(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
Cyberconnect12: Wow I love nairaland.com am actually looking for this information an here is it.

Thanks to the posters

U r welcome.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by PointB: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2012
That's a good one.

Imagine the number of people that would be employed during the construction phase alone.

Great news for the SW, and Nigeria in general.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by PointB: 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ejiné:

That's not fair Ejine.

Why belittle the man's effort?
The dude is moving Mount Everest, and creating plains for planes! Even the Mighty Hercules will fail at this effortless feat were it included in his 12 arduous tasks. grin grin grin
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by Sagamite(m): 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ejiné:

Abeg someone educate me on this. I don't know the story so I don't get the sarcasm.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by chibsco: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
naija ppl try to appreciate good develpomont this govt.project $250m in ogun,$3.5b (shell)in imo state the are not project to be aboundone.meanwhile or hail the southern region BH pls continue in th north region
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by emiye(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
This is a project that is nearing completion, it is cited in Agbara, Pampers(diapers) is finding it hard to meet demand, as such it is expanding.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by DeSheikh(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
Proud to be a P&Ger. Best employer in the world, touching and improving lives TM8).
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun by emmanjo: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
emiye: This is a project that is nearing completion, it is cited in Agbara, Pampers(diapers) is finding it hard to meet demand, as such it is expanding.

@emiye. How sure are u about completion since it was just announced. If true, i will b wowed! This is d kind of thin (infrastructure) we r talking abt not d wuru-wuru d FG is portraying. This gladens my heart...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invest In Rabbit Farming Business And Get Cool Cash / I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank / Why Are Prices Of Goods High In Nigeria During Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.