Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. (1097 Views)

How Long Did It Take You Guys To Become Strong Java Programmers / Where Can I Learn Database, Web Application And System Configuration Pls!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by SayoMarvel(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2007
I attached one simple application to this post. Do you believe that I develpoed it in a day? The Idea, the colors, everything. Awesome! Evaluate It. Its just a simple program (that's why its free) but its still useful. You can use it to calculate the determinant of a 3 by 3 square maltrix. Its very easy. Just type the values in each cell and click calculate. It comes with source code so that young programmers on this forum can learn from it. I wrote it because of them. Remember that  you need to hava JDK on your PC to run it. You are free to modify the source code. You can also add it to your website but don't forget that I wrote the program. Please evaluate this program. You can send your comments to marvelindaclub@yahoo.com
I can help you develop your huge projects at an afoordable price.

Re: Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by opensource(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2007
good work , i will check this out and give evaluation, I love programming games with Java
Re: Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by Shimao(m): 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2007
Nice work you done here.but there were one or two i noticed which i thought i should bring to your attention.

All of your textboxes had default text in them and i was kind of surprised these texts were not cleared when the textbox in question received focus.thus i had to delete the default text before entering my test values.This is not at all user friendly.
Solution 1: There is an event listener class, "FocusListener" in package java.awt which you could have used.It declares 2 methods: "public void focusGained" and "public void focusLost". you'll just implement the focusGained method to set the text of the event source to an empty string like this:
public void focusGained(FocusEvent event){
event.getSource().setText() == "";
}
then register it to the textbox - your JTextField like this myBox.addFocusListener(FocusListener f).Better still you could use a focusAdapter class and just override the "foucsGained" method.
And please be gentle with the colours.
Once again. Nice work.
Re: Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by SayoMarvel(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2007
Shimao thank you for your observation. I have already considered the colors and I have updated the application. The update has an appearance panel with threee radio buttons, "Old School", "Bold 'n' Colourful" & "Sayo". The Old School radio button takes away all the colours. While the sayo radio button sets the whole colors to one single color(blue). The update is actually a show-off of Look and Feel, MouseMotionListener (for highlighting buttons when the pointer is on them), Boardered Panel with title string e.t.c. I first accessed your reply on mobile phone so it was not so clear, so I have to browse on a PC. Now every thing is perfectly clear to me. I shall update it tomorrow and paste it here. When I saw you point concerning the default text, the first thing that came to my mind was to use MouseMotionListener so that the text automatically disappears when the pointer is on the text fields. So thank you for calling my attention to use focus because it would have been a long code, you know? But that focus is just a few lines. Once again thank you.
Re: Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by tedoja1(m): 7:33am On Dec 04, 2007
c
Re: Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by dapor(m): 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2007
hi, d program was cool and i applaud ur creativity. hw ever there are some little probs with ur graphics meaning ur choice of colors.
nw u can as well work on your focus listeners which sb has mentioned afore.
cool. keep ur head up
dapo
Re: Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by SayoMarvel(m): 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2007
I need someone to teach me how to by-pass that security frame and access the main program, assuming the source code and the class files are not supplied with the program. I know that security is a weak one but like what kind of people are capable of breaking such. please teach me if you can.
Re: Java Programmers, Check This Simple Application And Evaluate It. by SayoMarvel(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2007
Due to the comments and complaint about the determinant program, i had to update the program. here is the update. I have attached it to this post. please evaluate it. marvelindaclub@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Lounge :: Web Services / Help! / Pls Some Hel[ Me With This C++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.