Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Travelling to Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling to Ghana (3122 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling to Ghana by momoohwos(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hi everyone
I'm planning to travel to Ghana in a few weeks. This is the first time I'll be travelling out of the country and my passport is still fresh. Please I need advice on how to get Ghana Cedis and I want to know if I need a yellow card to travel. I would also appreciate general tips especially what I may be expecting from Immigration.

Thanks
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
welcome to accra , we call it accra cry ur own cry .dont worry
you will pass through but pls if this is ur first time pls pls take abc or a direct car from nigeria and give ur money to the driver and ask for further advice . a lot happens that cant eb said too much cos of space
Re: Travelling to Ghana by Wasbayd: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2012
onatisi: welcome to accra , we call it accra cry ur own cry .dont worry
you will pass through but pls if this is ur first time pls pls take abc or a direct car from nigeria and give ur money to the driver and ask for further advice . a lot happens that cant eb said too much cos of space

Good advice! I just remember Aflao border, they can rob you of your underpants there if you ain't extra careful.
Re: Travelling to Ghana by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 01, 2012
Get yellow card at airport MM1, ask for Port Health office. There are govt nurses there who will give you the 2 vaccines, fee is N500. Don't listen to quacks or touts - the process is quick and genuine.

You can buy cedis when you get to Ghana airport as you leave Kotoka airport forex exchange is there. For better rates buy dollrs and change them to cedis.

If not change at any Bureau de chAnge in town. Its pretty straight forward.
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
salsera: Get yellow card at airport MM1, ask for Port Health office. There are govt nurses there who will give you the 2 vaccines, fee is N500. Don't listen to quacks or touts - the process is quick and genuine.

You can buy cedis when you get to Ghana airport as you leave Kotoka airport forex exchange is there. For better rates buy dollrs and change them to cedis.

If not change at any Bureau de chAnge in town. Its pretty straight forward.
he is travelling by road i guess not plane i dont think he indicated that he was coming by air
Re: Travelling to Ghana by spenca: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Hi everyone
Pls am also traveling to ghana next week by air ,and its ma first time ,please if i may ask wah should be my expectations ...
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2012
spenca: Hi everyone
Pls am also traveling to ghana next week by air ,and its ma first time ,please if i may ask wah should be my
expectations ...

i will tell u the truth.apart from the airport dont tell anyone u are a nigerian and avoid nigerians to some extent most of them here have no job and not that there is no job but they are just lazy and before u know it they will start begging u for money.
Re: Travelling to Ghana by spenca: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2012
Woooow! Thnks tho, and am not wid an ecowas passport,do i need to apply for a visa since am coming from a brother country
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2012
spenca: Woooow! Thnks tho, and am not wid an ecowas passport,do i need to apply for a visa since
am coming from a brother country
you need an international passport to come in by air no shortcut.dont try it ghanians look for the slightest mistake to humiliate nigerians.if u have no passport pull ur ear enter abc transport if u get passport fly by air.
Re: Travelling to Ghana by spenca: 9:34am On Jul 04, 2012
@onatisi
Yup i got a passport,wah am saying is do i need to apply for visa like am going to europe...?
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2012
ok then just buy the ticket and come
no need for visa
Re: Travelling to Ghana by spenca: 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Okies bruh, thanks so much ....gh ere i come
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
spenca: Okies bruh, thanks so much ....gh ere i come
safe journey
Re: Travelling to Ghana by Bube43(m): 7:06am On Jul 06, 2012
Ghana pple are they gd 2 nigerians nd can any get job there after be trained
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 7:42am On Jul 06, 2012
ghanians are hostile to nigerians due to what our ppl are doing.for job if u are lucky yes but what training or skills do u have
Bube43: Ghana pple are they gd 2 nigerians nd can any get job there after be trained
Re: Travelling to Ghana by Bube43(m): 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
I want 2 go 4 industral course in ghana or sweden, pls i need adves
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
Bube43: I want 2 go 4 industral course in ghana or sweden, pls i need adves
this questin is funny .do u want to go to sweden from ghana or you want me to advise you which one to choose between ghana and sweden?
Re: Travelling to Ghana by Bube43(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2012
Which of them is bete alreay i ve fin an industral in ghana dat i want 2apple bt the cost is 5000gh cedis which im considin whth 2 liv ghana soft nd plan 2 go 2 sweden 4 the same coures
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
Bube43: Which of them is bete alreay i ve fin an industral in ghana dat i want 2apple bt the cost is 500gh cedis which im considin whth 2 liv ghana soft nd plan 2 go 2 sweden 4 the same coures
ok lets get this straight u have gotten a place in ghana for ur course and the fees is 500cedis ,u plan to proceed to sweden after ur course in ghana .do u i get u correcty
Re: Travelling to Ghana by Bube43(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2012
No u didn't get me correct , i mean the course fee is 5000gh cede. So i want to kw if one can get job there after training there or should i plan 4 Sweden 4the same course, my aim is to kw where one can trained nd get job
Re: Travelling to Ghana by onatisi(m): 6:56am On Aug 01, 2012
Bube43: No u didn't get me correct , i mean the course fee is 5000gh cede. So i want to kw if one can get job there after training there or should i plan 4 Sweden 4the same course, my aim is to kw where one can trained nd get job
if the visa is sure go to sweden
Re: Travelling to Ghana by Bube43(m): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2012
I cn say 4nw cos hum cn charge anytime, but i ve don evrytin the agent as 4rm me. Bt i start 2 get confuse whn one said that sweden is too expensive 4 one to surv there

(1) (Reply)

My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... / Uk Boarder Clearance, It Was Hell! I Need Clarification! / Don't Use Chisco Transport!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.