Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here (8012 Views)

Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / Corpers Posted To Zamfara State Meet Here. / Nysc Batch B 2012 (the Big House) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2012
Hello fellow corpers,
WELCOME TO THE HOUSE. Let's make it rock.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 29, 2012
Anyone with description to camp from various states should also help us out. Experiences from ex corpers are also needed.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Jeff01(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2012
if u are posted to imo state add me on 2go wit d username jeffrey132 or jeffreyajogwu@yahoo.com on facebook . Let us know ourselves
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by ujchief(m): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
Hahahaha, so na here una dey? Ok, make i pack my load from the big room, i dey come.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by onyewec3: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
IMO state orientation camp is at NKWERRE LOCAL GOVT AREA......nkwerre is infact the local govt with the richest imo sons and daughters....from wherever, take a bus going to owerri...even if the bus can only drop u at onitsha/anambra state still find your way into owerri....den, try and ask of ITC PARK in owerri from there you can get a bus to NKWERRE(tell the driver you are going to orientation camp)......for those of u coming from north or south please enter ITC PARK as everybody is aware of the security problem we are facing now ranging frm boko haram to kidnapping.......ITC IS GOVT/PRIVATE JOINT VENTURE
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Jeff01(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
[quote author=onyewec3]IMO state orientation camp is at NKWERRE LOCAL GOVT AREA......nkwerre is infact the local govt with the richest imo sons and daughters....from wherever, take a bus going to owerri...even if the bus can only drop u at onitsha/anambra state still find your way into owerri....den, try and ask of ITC PARK in owerri from there you can get a bus to NKWERRE(tell the driver you are going to orientation camp)......for those of u coming from north or south please enter ITC PARK as everybody is aware of the security problem we are facing now ranging frm boko haram to kidnapping.......ITC IS GOVT/PRIVATE JOINT VENTURE[/quote
tanx for d info
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by ireti123: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
The easiest way to get to the camp is to follow ITC bus(Imo transport company, if they ve a park in ur state) going to or passing thru Orlu, tell them u're going to Umudi camp, Nkwerre. You alight at Orlu junction, from there you take a bike or cab of N50 to camp. Going thru Owerri is long journey.
N.B.: ensure you move in group from the junction.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by leo083: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2012
Had my nYsc orientation and service year in imo state, it was fun for me cos there were a lot of social activities and beautiful girls in owerri. I leaved in owerri for a year n never regretted service year, it was fun.depending on where u coming from, locating the camp is easy:
1) Walk in group: locate fellow NYSC members going to Umudi(name of the camp site)
2) Ask questions incase ure stock, u can ask okada man, road side mechanic ETC.
3) Coming from Swest, dropping @ orlu is the best, then finding ur way to Umudi from there.
4) In case ure totally confused..ask for ITC park, from there u'll be lead appropriately.
All the very best
Enjoy the moments while it last
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by ibscrib: 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Been posted to imo too. I holla cross country transport and was told the bus moves by 6am on monday and tuesday 7k5. Only for corpers, from yaba to camp straight. ff @ibscriib on twitter

Hope we gonna have a good time on camp.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by rhymz(m): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
Hahahah....anyone posted to IMO state can be rest assured he is going to have a swell time...IMO state is one fun-filled state with lots of pretty women and socialites....no dulling moment, no matter which part dem throway u put for your PPA....but unlike me serving presently in a village in Sokoto state where SS3 students can barely speak or write english language on average level-which means, I almost, nearly do not have to bother myself teaching them or going to my PPA to teach em, they clearly have no interest in learning and most of the times do not come to school, making my work a smooth ride to rest. Imo state is a very different ball game when it comes to Education and interest in it....just as indigens of Ekiti state pride themselves as having a lotta profs na so Imo state ppl take price education and being literate o.... So be ready to teach in the real sense of the idea, no be this jonesing wey me dey do for Sokoto wey one month i never reach PPA...lol
also, I heard the state allawee is decent too...here na 4k o....anyone knows sb posted to sokoto holla at your boy, Nwa afor Owerri....lol
By the way, I am presently serving in Sokoto against my wish...ahahahahahah
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 30, 2012
ujchief: Hahahaha, so na here una dey? Ok, make i pack my load from the big room, i dey come.
You are highly welcome.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2012
onyewec3: IMO state orientation camp is at NKWERRE LOCAL GOVT AREA......nkwerre is infact the local govt with the richest imo sons and daughters....from wherever, take a bus going to owerri...even if the bus can only drop u at onitsha/anambra state still find your way into owerri....den, try and ask of ITC PARK in owerri from there you can get a bus to NKWERRE(tell the driver you are going to orientation camp)......for those of u coming from north or south please enter ITC PARK as everybody is aware of the security problem we are facing now ranging frm boko haram to kidnapping.......ITC IS GOVT/PRIVATE JOINT VENTURE

Thank you very much, sir.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 30, 2012
leo083: Had my nYsc orientation and service year in imo state, it was fun for me cos there were a lot of social activities and beautiful girls in owerri. I leaved in owerri for a year n never regretted service year, it was fun.depending on where u coming from, locating the camp is easy:
1) Walk in group: locate fellow NYSC members going to Umudi(name of the camp site)
2) Ask questions incase ure stock, u can ask okada man, road side mechanic ETC.
3) Coming from Swest, dropping @ orlu is the best, then finding ur way to Umudi from there.
4) In case ure totally confused..ask for ITC park, from there u'll be lead appropriately.
All the very best
Enjoy the moments while it last
Thanks bro. God bless
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2012
Anyone leaving from abuja shud indicate so we plan leaving together ASAP. Thank y'all.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 30, 2012
ireti123: The easiest way to get to the camp is to follow ITC bus(Imo transport company, if they ve a park in ur state) going to or passing thru Orlu, tell them u're going to Umudi camp, Nkwerre. You alight at Orlu junction, from there you take a bike or cab of N50 to camp. Going thru Owerri is long journey.
N.B.: ensure you move in group from the junction.
Thanks Ireti.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nosu(m): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
@Rhyze pls stop dat shit, I am presently serving in Imo state, the students here are very dull ,and the annoying tin is dat they are not ready to learn and very stubborn set of children. There is no exam they write witout malpractice(solving and writing on d board for them, also dictating answers) even to common entrance exam tins. Very shameful

1 Like

Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nosu(m): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2012
@Rhy u are gettin me very angry, u shld b tankful dat u are paid 4k, imo state don't pay at all. So y d noise abt ur state.d last batch B dat pass out were not paid a dine by the state government,so y d noise abt they pay decent alawee. Deceive d whole country doing notin.
To d new corper, jst come with the heart of service. And another thing is tins are expensive in camp so hold a gud sum of money while coming to camp. ATM is not anywhere close to d camp

1 Like

Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by ireti123: 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
@melojames, i served in Imo state.
Like someone said earlier, go with the heart of service, most people re posted to schools, though they post to places relevant to ones area of study too.
Some might be rejected by their PPAs, some left waiting for some time, while some posted to irrelevant places with 'glorified' names or non-existent companies.
Make sure you agree concretely on conditions of service, like the pay, working hours, accomodation(if they re offering any), etc b4 acceptance, cos some private biz owners might try to play a fast one on you.
You shd ve enough time to improve yourself by taking prof. exams, developing new skills & planning for life after service.
Find time to serve God thru selfless service. I recommend Nigeria Christian Corpers' Fellowship(NCCF, it's non/inter-denominational).
Ask questions, consult reasonable senior corpers if anything is unclear to you.
Have a fulfilling service year!
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
ireti123: @melojames, i served in Imo state.
Like someone said earlier, go with the heart of service, most people re posted to schools, though they post to places relevant to ones area of study too.
Some might be rejected by their PPAs, some left waiting for some time, while some posted to irrelevant places with 'glorified' names or non-existent companies.
Make sure you agree concretely on conditions of service, like the pay, working hours, accomodation(if they re offering any), etc b4 acceptance, cos some private biz owners might try to play a fast one on you.
You shd ve enough time to improve yourself by taking prof. exams, developing new skills & planning for life after service.
Find time to serve God thru selfless service. I recommend Nigeria Christian Corpers' Fellowship(NCCF, it's non/inter-denominational).
Ask questions, consult reasonable senior corpers if anything is unclear to you.
Have a fulfilling service year!
Thanks alot. I really appreciate.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by eklassical(m): 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
Nosu: @Rhyze pls stop dat shit, I am presently serving in Imo state, the students here are very dull ,and the annoying tin is dat they are not ready to learn and very stubborn set of children. There is no exam they write witout malpractice(solving and writing on d board for them, also dictating answers) even to common entrance exam tins. Very shameful

bros.,i hail o... Pls hw much do state pay in imo state..n hw s serving in imo generally?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
@nosu and co u guys shouldnt jst come 2 NL n talk trash. Imo state is very advanced in education. In terms of NYSC allowee, its mostly paid in full afta d service year not monthly and Imo state its among d highest payin states in naija if not d highest sef.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by eklassical(m): 12:33am On Jul 01, 2012
Cajetan speaks: @nosu and co u guys shouldnt jst come 2 NL n talk trash. Imo state is very advanced in education. In terms of NYSC allowee, its mostly paid in full afta d service year not monthly and Imo state its among d highest payin states in naija if not d highest sef.

how much o!...n is it paid at d end of d service year..or monthly.. I wana knw cos i got mi callup leta 2day.. Wana knw b4 going there...
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by ujchief(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2012
eklassical:

how much o!...n is it paid at d end of d service year..or monthly.. I wana knw cos i got mi callup leta 2day.. Wana knw b4 going there...
what difference does it make if u find out or not! U've been posted there and u must show. So forget about the pay, u should be more woried about the direction to get there.
See u at camp.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by stanogb(m): 9:03am On Jul 01, 2012
To all those posted in IMO state, welcome to the flexing state with the highest number of hotels and bars grin grin grin (and girls)...
I reside in IMO state for about twenty something years now and i schooled in Abia state(although i was posted to Ekiti state grin grin grin, so let me help you...
[size=14pt]1. LIGHT - This Rochas regime, electricity has improved, we have at least 18hrs of electricity.
2. SECURITY - this is one of the greatest problem we have...in fact kidnapping is increasing...but God will protect you as long as you are careful(avoid loitering after 9pm during your PPA, especially around Orji/AMA wire/world bank)...
3. WATER - although where I usually stay pipe borne water doesn't exist...only bore hole...but you will always find water...
4. SOCIALIZATION - IMO has about 6 universities(enough girls and boys to interact with)and numerous Hotels and bars...
5. EMPLOYMENT - corpers are usually posted to schools(they pay N5,000 TO N10,000),ministry(they pay N5,000)and others... shocked
6. TRANSPORT - there is usually keke and i advice you to patronize them, coz you might get robbed in a taxi(it usually happens) grin grin...they usually collect N50 to short destinations and N200 for drops anywhere... wink
7. ROAD - i will rate the roads 67% (although many roads are still under construction)
[/size]
have a nice stay...for any information you may contact me 08063883084(however I will be of to Ekiti on monday so its best to contact me after camping) grin grin grin thanks...

1 Like

Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by eklassical(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2012
stan-ogb:
To all those posted in IMO state, welcome to the flexing state with the highest number of hotels and bars grin grin grin (and girls)...
I reside in IMO state for about twenty something years now and i schooled in Abia state(although i was posted to Ekiti state grin grin grin, so let me help you...
[size=14pt]1. LIGHT - This Rochas regime, electricity has improved, we have at least 18hrs of electricity.
2. SECURITY - this is one of the greatest problem we have...in fact kidnapping is increasing...but God will protect you as long as you are careful(avoid loitering after 9pm during your PPA, especially around Orji/AMA wire/world bank)...
3. WATER - although where I usually stay pipe borne water doesn't exist...only bore hole...but you will always find water...
4. SOCIALIZATION - IMO has about 6 universities(enough girls and boys to interact with)and numerous Hotels and bars...
5. EMPLOYMENT - corpers are usually posted to schools(they pay N5,000 TO N10,000),ministry(they pay N5,000)and others... shocked
6. TRANSPORT - there is usually keke and i advice you to patronize them, coz you might get robbed in a taxi(it usually happens) grin grin...they usually collect N50 to short destinations and N200 for drops anywhere... wink
7. ROAD - i will rate the roads 67% (although many roads are still under construction)
[/size]
have a nice stay...for any information you may contact me 08063883084(however I will be of to Ekiti on monday so its best to contact me after camping) grin grin grin thanks...

thanks 4d info... 07066440343 coperz posted 2 imo..holla! Lets rel8
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
GTB or Oceanic bank, which is closer to camp?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by ujchief(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Almost thru wit registration. I skiped the second to the last stage which was slow and annoying, i went ahead to colect my uniform and boots. Retiring to my hostel now, i'll check back 2mrow mornin
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nosu(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
@eklassical: pls when u don't know, u keep quiet. I repeat myself in capital letters. Imo state govenment doesn't pay a dine. The last batch B dat jst passed without were given nothing, no even a thank you from d state governor.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nosu(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
The last batch B were given nothing.
Imolite, tell ur governor, make e try to try,a lot of state that get lesser allocation are paying their corpers. how long can he continue to deceive d whole country?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by rhymz(m): 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nosu: The last batch B were given nothing.
Imolite, tell ur governor, make e try to try,a lot of state that get lesser allocation are paying their corpers. how long can he continue to deceive d whole country?
guy relax jor. . I am yet to confirm if realy he is paying corpers or not. . Besides, why are you taking it personal like it is a must that you will be paid or sth. Until I confirm your claims, I wont say much about it.
As for the capabilities of the students, guy, stop lying and exaggerating, I can understand your anger towards the state government but to start painting scenerios is a little bit desperate.
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by Nosu(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Guy, like I have said b4, I am presently serving in Imo state. maybe u think things are stil d way they were when u were in school.
I am presently teaching in a school, were they are only 3 state teachers who doesn't come to school regularly and 2 community teachers. We the corpers are d main teachers in d school.
I am taking it personal, because the state claims to b paying and everybody outside d state believe they are paying corper 20k per month while she doesn't pay 1 kobo in a service year.
You are not a corper and obviously u are not a teacher so y are u saying wat u do know. I go for CDs every thursdayn, I meet wit corpers from other communities and it is dsame report. So wat are u saying?
Re: Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here by rhymz(m): 3:46am On Jul 04, 2012
Nosu: Guy, like I have said b4, I am presently serving in Imo state. maybe u think things are stil d way they were when u were in school.
I am presently teaching in a school, were they are only 3 state teachers who doesn't come to school regularly and 2 community teachers. We the corpers are d main teachers in d school.
I am taking it personal, because the state claims to b paying and everybody outside d state believe they are paying corper 20k per month while she doesn't pay 1 kobo in a service year.
You are not a corper and obviously u are not a teacher so y are u saying wat u do know. I go for CDs every thursdayn, I meet wit corpers from other communities and it is dsame report. So wat are u saying?
where exactly is your PPA?
The state never made such claims, although there were rumours about it.
It appears you were posted to a rural area, what have you corpers done to register your complaints for financial support from the state or LGA

(1) (2) (Reply)

ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> / 2016 Batch A KADUNA CM, Lets Meet Here / The 7 Secrets Of Making Money Online 2017 (learn It Here Free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.