Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage (13248 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / Do Women Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Am Just getting Curious about this.
Women,when they are still spinsters must have given their numbers out to some intending suitors or stalkers at that time.
I have seen a lot of broken homes all because the woman receives calls from some men and Ex-boyfriends who the husband seems not to be familiar with.
There is also this issue of longtime stalkers who may continually call,quite ignorantly,that the lady in question is married..
There is this case of my newly married neigbour. Accusations of infidelity was alleged by the husband after 3weeks because the wife started receiving love sms from a former toaster who never knew of her new marital status..
Now my question is: Should Women Change their Phone Numbers After Marriage?
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
it depends...........
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by hannydarl(f): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
And while at it change phones and skin color and voice and all.

3 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by temi4fash(m): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
depends on a lot of parameters
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ebamma(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
should harbiollah be allowed to use the internet?

4 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Freiburger(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
I wouldn't espect my wife to change her phone number after marriage, since she was not a w-h-o-r-e when i met her.

15 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ayotoyin(f): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
Do we really need that?its just a matter of your friend telling the stalkers that she has been hooked for life, no pretense, just be natural about it and try put an end to any communication between them cos it's not all men that would appreciate you receiving calls from ex, cos you will definitely o against such if he is doing it.Marriage is a sacred institution, being honest and faithful to your spouse is a virtue for lasting relationship.

5 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by acidtalk: 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2012
Changing number or not, woman wey go flirt go still flirt.

Nothing wrong in a married woman telling an ex or former toaster in a polite manner not to call her again because she is now married.

What of a situation when the man insist on changing her number and she is the one running and sneaking to get the numbers of her ex just to go on a flirting spree.

A partner who you can't trust is not worth settling down with.

5 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by santuse: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
Its not really necesary unless she lived a promiscious life before mariage, then she can to keep her home

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by 190: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
i'll suspect my wife should she ever suggest sumtin like that eva to me undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by chievo: 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2012
Freiburger: I wouldn't espect my wife to change her phone number after marriage, since she was not a w-h-o-r-e when i met her.
....who is talking about w-h-o-r-e here, before u met her were u the only person that saw her?....

3 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Jasiel(f): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
No he shouldn't

ebamma: should harbiollah be allowed to use the internet?
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by mkpologwu(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
They must o! Becos they like experiment and enjoy playing with fire. They even get burnt most times, but naturally the BURNS from the fire don't show on them!

The thing no get mita na
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
For me, my wife go change her number and only give it to her trusted friends with a serious warning never to give it to any guy... Those chykers call can be well irritating

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by seedord247(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Yes. Not for women only.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Ninilowo(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
A right thinking husband does not need to get high b cos the wife receives calls from her toasters. all they need is understanding. the wife should let her husband know about all of them. she can even ask them to say "hi" to the husband. Nothing dey happen ;DA right thinking husband does not need to get high b cos the wife receives calls from her toasters. all they need is understanding. the wife should let her husband know about all of them. she can even ask them to say "hi" to the husband. Nothing dey happen

4 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Yes i think,if its wat wld safe my marriage.ofcourse my wife wld definitely do.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ifihearam: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
If she is a runs babe yes otherwise no
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by emsquare(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
No! If nah correct babe, otherwise....
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ajf(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
Should men change their phone numbers after marriage

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by panams(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
Absolutely yes for a woman to change her phone number after marriage because old things hv passed away n everything must become entirely new so as not to bring distractions or suspicions. The man also could change his if he can't cut old girlfriends or toasters away b4 marriage but if he had done that b4 marriage, he shld move on with his marriage but it's a definate yes for women to change their numbers after marriage.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by dasparrow: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
Harbioollah: Am Just getting Curious about this.
Women,when they are still spinsters must have given their numbers out to some intending suitors or stalkers at that time.
I have seen a lot of broken homes all because the woman receives calls from some men and Ex-boyfriends who the husband seems not to be familiar with.
There is also this issue of longtime stalkers who may continually call,quite ignorantly,that the lady in question is married..
There is this case of my newly married neigbour. Accusations of infidelity was alleged by the husband after 3weeks because the wife started receiving love sms from a former toaster who never knew of her new marital status..

Men like you should stay single for life and never get married because it is obvious you have a trust issue. In other words, you are a chuvinist who cannot find it in his heart to trust the opposite gender. You start your post by making the assumption that women (not some, many or most) generally must have given their phone numbers to several intending suitors.

Did your narrow minded brain ever think of those women who married their first love? In other words, the husband was the first and only boyfriend like was the case with Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde. Secondly, not all unmarried women generously give out their phone numbers to potential suitors and those single ladies who have obnoxious stalkers who keep calling DO change their phone numbers except for maybe a few.

You have to understand that most adults females and males must have been in a couple of past relationships before meeting their spouses. Its just the way life is. So what if an ex boyfriend who is not aware of his ex girlfriend's marital status calls? A faithful wife will just let him know that she is now married and requests that he stops calling her phone. Simple! If he doesn't stop, the husband of the married lady will put her Ex boyfriend in his place as he deems fit.

If you want married women to all change their phone numbers after their wedding, then men ought to do the same. After all, both men and women cheat and the average Nigerian male must have slept with several girls and women begining from his teenage years all the way up to adulthood before finally getting married. Hence, he too should change his phone number so his ex girlfriends will not keep calling his phone or texting him. What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by chillaz(f): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
I don't think it is necessary! You can obtain an alternative number though.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by SisiKill1: 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
Harbioollah: Am Just getting Curious about this.

Whoa! Dude, only number? What about the email address??

You know what. . .one can't be too careful these days, so how allow me to suggest the following

Change number, change email, change twitter, change facebook, change linkdin, change BB Pin, Change whatsapp, change Hoookt, Move out of the country, change name (not hers but yours. . .since people can still find her if they know she is married to you), Change her face. . .like I said earlier, one can't be too careful, so changing her face eliminates her being recognized by ex suitors.

Oh, oh, while we are at it. . .Change her voice too. You know them stalkers with their "Oh baby, I will recognize your voice anywhere". . .Sick bast[i]a[/i]rds angry angry

Crapity Crap!! I just thought of something. . .what about the new people she meets once you get rid of all traces of her past? Some of them could be potential suitors/stalkers oh!! That's it. . .y'all should just pack your bags and move to a cave in the remotest city at the ends of the earth.

Ah! Now you can relax and have a Happy Married Life with your wife!!!!!! wink

12 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Honeycity(f): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
a responsible married woman should know that it total gross to entertain calls from her ex(s)or toasters unless shes sick and tired of her marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Jambsupport(f): 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
Freiburger: I wouldn't espect my wife to change her phone number after marriage, since she was not a w-h-o-r-e when i met her.

tnks 4dat gud n simple tot
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
I wonder why Everyone z Directing their questons towards Me? Its kinda Provocative smh.

Certainly Proves English teachers still have a Lot of work to do

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by sexyval(f): 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
Y do men hate women like dis ? ,her name she's changing isn't enuf for u men ? Now its her number u want to be changed as well, dis is silly !
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2012
And why should I change my number? Was he there wen I bought my GSM line for 12k? If I must change mine then he must do the same! Pata pata nobody go use phone! undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Michrach: 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wat about the men?
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Jambsupport(f): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
Harbioollah: I wonder why Everyone z Directing their questons towards Me? Its kinda Provocative smh.

Certainly Proves English teachers still have a Lot of work to do
u r a dolt. didnt u use ya head b4 putin ds nonsense up
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Dosoq(f): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
gboss4sure: For me, my wife go change her number and only give it to her trusted friends with a serious warning never to give it to any guy... Those chykers call can be well irritating
guy,if u insists she changes her no,its applicable 2 u too,cos u also av stalkers n toasters b4 u married.............d bedrock of marriage stil remains luv n trust,if she stil wan 2 cheat on u wit ur new change of numba,she wil,so wise up,n learn 2 trust

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men Learn From My Mistakes / 'my Life As A Lesbian / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.