Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us (1337 Views)

The White Manz' Perception Of Black Beauty Is Different From The Black Manz / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently / Whats The Big Deal About The White Race Anyway? Please Let Me Know, For Me: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by coninse: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
What is wrong our Nigerian brothers and sisters? Don't you guys know the world is reading your public comments? Pls if you don't have something essential or useful to say, keep your fingers off the keyboard. You don't have to comment on every topic. It is embarrassing!!! Think before you type, everything is not a joke guys! C'mon.

Every time I visit Nairaland to read news, I always leave the site with a very sad heart due to some st****d and f***ish comments. Is there no more love among us? Why must we fight against each other all the time? This is no time to fight, we must always assist and encourage each other (we are one, be it YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA). YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE INTERNET FOR GOOD AND USEFUL PURPOSE!

In response to the OP question, from my own view, I believe it has to do with our culture. Before I left Nigeria, I always believe the white are very smart and intelligent people. But after studying oversea, my perspective regarding a white man has really changed. They are not smarter than us but their culture gives them the ability and enthusiasm to explore more, something that we lack in our culture. I believe our culture has done more harm than good by holding us back.

Please stop downgrading yourself. Be proud of yourself, your culture and your race. If any white man read these negative comments, he/she will feel they are superior to your race. Asians are not advanced like western countries, but they don't praise any white man. They are proud of themselves and we should start doing the same. By thinking that one race is superior; you are already holding yourself back from exploration. They did it, why can’t you/we do it? Have the spirit and you will thrive. Think about something positive you can do that will change your world and the name of Nigeria in our world.

Mr. Seun, I want you to please start censoring any ill or tribal comments on Nairaland. This useful website is such a great site to read about Nigeria, my homeland. I feel at home whenever I come to this website but some monster are about to turn this website into something else. Please take an action on this Mr. Seun.

Thanks. And by the way, do we have any Nigerian astronomer on this website? If there are any, pls leave a comment or send me a message.

GOD BLESS THE GREAT NATION NIGERIA...

1 Like

Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by Oyinbo87: 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
Very interesting point! but I will say it is the same in every culture...comes down to the individual behavour
Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by Ptolomeus(m): 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
coninse: What is wrong our Nigerian brothers and sisters? Don't you guys know the world is reading your public comments? Pls if you don't have something essential or useful to say, keep your fingers off the keyboard. You don't have to comment on every topic. It is embarrassing!!! Think before you type, everything is not a joke guys! C'mon.

Every time I visit Nairaland to read news, I always leave the site with a very sad heart due to some st****d and f***ish comments. Is there no more love among us? Why must we fight against each other all the time? This is no time to fight, we must always assist and encourage each other (we are one, be it YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA). YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE INTERNET FOR GOOD AND USEFUL PURPOSE!

In response to the OP question, from my own view, I believe it has to do with our culture. Before I left Nigeria, I always believe the white are very smart and intelligent people. But after studying oversea, my perspective regarding a white man has really changed. They are not smarter than us but their culture gives them the ability and enthusiasm to explore more, something that we lack in our culture. I believe our culture has done more harm than good by holding us back.

Please stop downgrading yourself. Be proud of yourself, your culture and your race. If any white man read these negative comments, he/she will feel they are superior to your race. Asians are not advanced like western countries, but they don't praise any white man. They are proud of themselves and we should start doing the same. By thinking that one race is superior; you are already holding yourself back from exploration. They did it, why can’t you/we do it? Have the spirit and you will thrive. Think about something positive you can do that will change your world and the name of Nigeria in our world.

Mr. Seun, I want you to please start censoring any ill or tribal comments on Nairaland. This useful website is such a great site to read about Nigeria, my homeland. I feel at home whenever I come to this website but some monster are about to turn this website into something else. Please take an action on this Mr. Seun.

Thanks. And by the way, do we have any Nigerian astronomer on this website? If there are any, pls leave a comment or send me a message.

GOD BLESS THE GREAT NATION NIGERIA...

There is much truth in what you say.
I see great African inferiority complex toward the target.
An inferiority complex is not justified. There is also a great ignorance about one's roots ...

As for the comments ... I think it's impossible to change the essence of some people. Also religious fanaticism, and sterile discussions that generates, are losing interest.

But ... make an effort to change it all!
Truth?
Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by JallowBah(f): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
Being a white woman, I was first damn angry when I read the head-line..then reading your post, I fully agree.

Many african people dont have the same chances as many europeans do.. They dont get free school, and they dont learn the same history. ( In Gambia, they teach african history, not world history..Many people have never heard about Martin Luther King JR, Rosa Parks, Malcom X.. they are important!! )
Many white people seem to think that IQ can only be measured one way..that is wrong. My husband is a real cattle-man, never went to school, and still; He is smarter than me in oh, so many ways. My school-history could never teach me some of the things that he knows.

I believe it is easier eing rude on the internet, sitting anonymous behind a computer. It is easier throwing up bullshit and rudeness, because nobody see you..and that is a great shame. People will use that against you, and against your country.
Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by coninse: 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
JallowBah: Being a white woman, I was first damn angry when I read the head-line..then reading your post, I fully agree.

Many african people dont have the same chances as many europeans do.. They dont get free school, and they dont learn the same history. ( In Gambia, they teach african history, not world history..Many people have never heard about Martin Luther King JR, Rosa Parks, Malcom X.. they are important!! )
Many white people seem to think that IQ can only be measured one way..that is wrong. My husband is a real cattle-man, never went to school, and still; He is smarter than me in oh, so many ways. My school-history could never teach me some of the things that he knows.

I believe it is easier eing rude on the internet, sitting anonymous behind a computer. It is easier throwing up bullshit and rudeness, because nobody see you..and that is a great shame. People will use that against you, and against your country.

Thanks for your comments JallowBah. I am not insulting the white race, I am just trying to let the NLs understand there is no superior race. We are all equal.

1 Like

Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by Ybutterfly: 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
^^^^^they aRe sMaRTeR^^^^^^^^^^
Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by coninse: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ptolomeus:

There is much truth in what you say.
I see great African inferiority complex toward the target.
An inferiority complex is not justified. There is also a great ignorance about one's roots ...

As for the comments ... I think it's impossible to change the essence of some people. Also religious fanaticism, and sterile discussions that generates, are losing interest.

But ... make an effort to change it all!
Truth?

Ptolomeus, yes you are correct. It's not simple to change the view of all but I believe as time goes on, more people will come to realize this.
Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by coninse: 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ybutterfly: ^^^^^they aRe sMaRTeR^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, they are smart, I can not dispute that fact but not smarter than the rest of the race (black, asian...NAAAH). If you read more about Asia, you will realize they are becoming the best in tech. I believe with time, Africa will rise from her knees.
Re: The White Race Are Not Smarter Than Us by JallowBah(f): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ybutterfly: ^^^^^they aRe sMaRTeR^^^^^^^^^^

No, we`re not.

Like the last man is saying over me; Africa will rise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Stole My Thread??? / Sultan Bello's Curiosity Through The Journal Of Major Hugh Clapperton / Exxonmobil And Safety First: An Irony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.