Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Help With Wikipedia Please - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Wikipedia Please (894 Views)

Wikipedia Ranks Nigeria No. 8 World Most Internet Users In 2014 / Wikipedia Disputes The Number Of Registered Members On Nairaland / How Accurate Is Wikipedia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With Wikipedia Please by Jasiel(f): 5:49am On Jun 30, 2012
Hello everyone! Yesterday I was checking something  wikipedia and all of a sudden the page sort of formatted itself. Normally, u know how search results on wikipedia look like with table of contents and everything...but this one looks very different..it has down ward pointing arrows I'm supposed to click on to display the information but the thing doesn't even work...i'll include a picture. This is how all my search results are displayed on wikipedia. I use a blackberry storm2 and I've tried clearing my cache a zillion times..nothing's working. Please tell me what to do.. In that picture I was searching for "my name is khan" and that's how it appeared..I hope u can see what I mean

Re: Help With Wikipedia Please by TheArbiter: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2012
Its a CSS page formatting issue and it is site, and user profile, specific. Usually servers detect the kind of browser types connecting and send the required CSS file to format the page for enjoyable viewing. Its seems in this case there was a problem.

To remedy the issue you have to delve into your profile in the browser's folders and delete the offending CSS file. In the alternative you could create a new browser profile, which solves the issue. Unfortunately, I dont own a blackberry so cant give you a step by step procedure.

Why not google 'Blackberry browser profile creation' Or 'Blackberry browser CSS problem' It might bring up solutions.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Help With Wikipedia Please by Jasiel(f): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
You're an angel. I disabled javascript when I couldn't find the css style sheet. It didn't restore the wikipedia page to what it used to be but the information is now displayed fully anyway. Thank u so very much. I'll keep trying though...

(1) (Reply)

glo biiiiig 5 promotiongives 5 times / Windows 8 O.S Out! From Microsoft Corporation. / How To Access Your Pc Files On Your Android Devices W/o BT Or Usb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.