Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? (1043 Views)

How Can I Upload Picture On NL Without The Upload Option..? / How Can I Change My Profile Picture On Nairaland / I Need A Better Cearer Picture On My Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by astronp7(m): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2007
After all the comments I have recieved from all categories of persons about putting my pictures on my site I wish to ask this question.

I you have a website, will you put your pictures on it? Be it personal or business. If yes, why? If no, why not?

And if you have a website now, do you have your picture on it? What are your reasons?
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by astronp7(m): 11:33am On Nov 30, 2007
I have visited may Nigerian sites, it relatively look faceless, I wonder why? What is your take on this?
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by astronp7(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2007
I have a site and my pictures are on it because I believe we from this part of the world need a better representation online. And also we need to be accountable to what we say or do.
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by Afam(m): 11:42am On Nov 30, 2007
astronp7:

I have a site and my pictures are on it because I believe we from this part of the world need a better representation online. And also we need to be accountable to what we say or do.

1. Who is sure that what you have there is your picture?

2. People in real life have been known to swindle others they did business with face to face let alone online

3. What is the connection between better representation online and having your picture on your website?

On your personal website you are free to do what you want to do including putting your pictures.

On your business website your pictures don't have any business there.
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 30, 2007
If you are talking about putting your picture on your website, it can come in different forms. An example is a book author's website, he will definitely have his picture on his website. Now talk about a web designer or banker, having your picture up there wouldn't just fly. You can have your picture under "about us" page, that will make some sense.

You can refer to my post yesterday. Man, people are telling you this thing is wrong and you still fighting it. Gushhhh!
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2007
@afam and @adeniyi are perfectly right, i do not think it will make any sense to put your picture on your site except it is a personal site. If you make a company site for yourself, why would you want to put your picture there?

Your site looks ok, the picture doesnt even look out of place. It is just different from the everyday web design/hosting site we see.
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by akinalabi(m): 12:01am On Dec 13, 2007
I've got my pictures on most of my websites.

I carried out tests and my traffic to sales ratio
was higher when I had my pictures. I can't really
say why.

Akin Alabi
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by rufaai(m): 12:07am On Dec 13, 2007
Hmm, Akin! shocked

Just surprised been you an internet marketer!

Well, having your picture on your website will
make your potential customers know that
they are really dealing with a person!

Not a scam site!

It also qualifies you when you have your
address and telephone number.

Thats just why you need your picture
on your site!

@ Akin - Thats why you make more sales!
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by niyyie(m): 5:02am On Dec 13, 2007
Hmn. I'm not enthused about having my pictures on the web - not even on my personal website.
I just don't see the need for it.
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by Afam(m): 5:41am On Dec 13, 2007
akinalabi:

I've got my pictures on most of my websites.

I carried out tests and my traffic to sales ratio
was higher when I had my pictures. I can't really
say why.

Akin Alabi

And how will people be sure that the picture you have there is even your own?

This picture stuff is not it on business websites. If it were so then the pictures of the owners of ebay, google, cnn, myspace, yahoo etc would be decorating their websites.
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by rufaai(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2007
Afam, you are wrong! grin

Websites that offer internet marketing e-books with
such bonuses and seems personal, people will only
trust knowing you!

Sites like Yahoo, Google, CNN as you said; they offer
real time services without requiring you to pay a dim!

Besides, they are well recognizedlies and trusted!

But, trust me! your image on your site has a great impact!!!
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by akinalabi(m): 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2007
Afam:

And how will people be sure that the picture you have there is even your own?

This picture stuff is not it on business websites. If it were so then the pictures of the owners of ebay, google, cnn, myspace, yahoo etc would be decorating their websites.

Like I said earlier on, I carried out a test spanning
over 12 months.

With the same volume and source of traffic, I found
out that I sold more of my products when I had my
picture on it that when I didn't have it.

I'm not 100% sure why and speculation is not my
thing. Testing is what is important and I've done
that.

So I use my pictures.

Akin Alabi
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by Afam(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2007
rufaai:

Afam, you are wrong! grin

Websites that offer internet marketing e-books with
such bonuses and seems personal, people will only
trust knowing you!

Sites like Yahoo, Google, CNN as you said; they offer
real time services without requiring you to pay a dim!

Besides, they are well recognizedlies and trusted!

But, trust me! your image on your site has a great impact!!!

It is obvious you are really floating as regards websites like google, yahoo and cnn making money.

That you do not pay money to them does not mean they don't offer fee based services.

Until you are at home with the basics no comments.

@akinalabi,

My question remains - How are we sure that the picture is your own?
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by akinalabi(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2007
Afam:

My question remains - How are we sure that the picture is your own?

Whether some people believe it's my picture or not
is not really an issue. Some will believe, some won't.

Even if I talk, put video and even visit their homes
physically, there will always be doubters and I won't
bother about that.

I want you to understand my position on this matter.

I sell different products and services on my various
websites and I want to sell as much as posiible.

I carry out various split testing. Headline testing,
price testing, guarantee testing, graphic testing and
more.

My "picture test" reveals I convert traffic to sales more
with a picture than without a picture.

I'm not 100% sure why it's like that. I just think that
when you have a small website trying to sell and
compete with the big brands, a picture adds a kind
of "warmth" to it.

Big brands like Amazon don't need to use "little little"
tactics like that. But as for me that started my business
with only N3,500 in 2003, I need to use Guerilla Marketing
a lot.

Conclusion: Since I sell more with my pictures on them,
I will continue to use them even if there are some people
that will think it's not my picture.

Akin Alabi
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by Afam(m): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2007
My question as regards the picture thing is general and considering the fact that anyone can do anything online there is still a high possibility that people will doubt the picture you claim is yours.

I have seen people use pictures of women on chat just to deceive people so on the internet nothing is impossible.

I agree with you that you are using a tactic that works for you as everyone cannot do it the same way, my point is that adding a picture does not automatically increase your credibility after all even right there in a physical shop you can still be duped let alone information posted on the web.

Take care.
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by astronp7(m): 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2007
Using my picture have worked out opportunities for me not only for my web design services. You see when you have your picture on your site it adds alot, especially for those the come in contact with you.

I accept very well that big establishments may not need their pictures that much, but I most point out that for some corporate site I have designed, one on the most exciting aspect of the project is when members of staff start browsing their own piture on the site.

So why not a personal website? And many us who are against including one picture, still go ahead to add images that do belong to them on their site.

I think Nigerian image will improve online, if we start having Nigerian with geniue faces online.

Best regards,
Ezeali Emmanuel
Re: Would You Put Your Picture On Your Site? Why? by Afam(m): 7:17am On Dec 14, 2007
Can you stop talking about Nigeria's image improving online as this has nothing to do with it.

Put your picture any where you like but please, leave the image of Nigeria out of it.

(1) (Reply)

GaniLivesOn.org - Comments / How Can I Use An External Css File To Edit Joomla Articles? / Most Popular Browsers And Operating Systems On Nigerian Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.