Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo (867 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by Aringarosa(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
“I want to believe that what we have on our hands today is an islamisiation agenda being propagated and sponsored by some religious bigots who are poised for war, and if government does not decisively stem down this tide, Nigeria may cease to be a nation.”

The Chancellor of Covenant University, Bishop David Oyedepo, has called for a comprehensive overhaul of Nigeria’s security apparatus with a view to check mating the wicked acticvities of those he called ‘religious bigots’ scheming to Islamise Nigeria through repeated attacks on churches.

Oyedepo also urged the Federal Government to be more committed to the insecurity problem, failure of which he noted, may lead to disintegration.
In his address titled – Towards the rescue of a nation on the brink of collapse: Necessity for a new generation of thinkers – delivered at the seventh convocation of Covenant University on Friday, Oyedepo said consistent attacks by Boko Haram leaves much suspicion in its trail.

He noted that if Boko Haram members are agitating for their rights as they claim, government institutions rather that churches should have been their targets. “Now let us think: If Boko Haram, as claimed by some of their symphatisers, is fighting the government for its rights, the question is, is it the church that is depriving them of such rights? If the bombs in the North are just reactions to class oppression or poverty in the nation, why are mosques exempted from bombs?

He continued: “Did the militants in the South South, during their struggle, ever attacked worshippers in the mosque on Fridays? A lot of political hypocrisy must be going on here.

“Are there no Muslins in the West, South and East of Nigeria? Why are they not shooting at people in churches who gather for worship? Why are they not throwing bombs at Christians? I believe some individuals are simply without any other mission other than breaking Nigeria.”

He said insecurity today remains the nation’s greatest albatross, dwarfing other national malaise like poverty, corruption, unemployment, among others.

“Until we solve the security problems, we may not solve the economic problems. If you kill for the sake of conversion, can that dead man be convertible? Rather, you have lost a God-like asset for your nation and lost an opportunity to live a better life,” he said.
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by dekung(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oh, I thot he cursed them sometime ago, how come he is not asserting the efficacy of the curse rather he is talking about the politics of BokoHaram. He should pray or curse again now, Bald headed vulture
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by FXKing2012(m): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
dekung: Oh, I thot he cursed them sometime ago, how come he is not asserting the efficacy of the curse rather he is talking about the politics of BokoHaram. He should pray or curse again now, Bald headed vulture

Pls be very careful how u refer to MOG, this is for ur own good.
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by dekung(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
FXKing2012:

If you are afraid of him, that is your own cup of tea. This same you were the one claiming his curse had started working but from the tone of his own voice it seems he doesnt even believe in himself again. And I also repeat he is a bald headed conman/vulture or can you think of any rodent I can use to qualify him?
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by cyrexx: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
dekung: Oh, I thot he cursed them sometime ago, how come he is not asserting the efficacy of the curse rather he is talking about the politics of BokoHaram. He should pray or curse again now, Bald headed vulture

LOL
I hope he doesn't hear this and not curse you like Elijah in the Bible did when children called him baldheaded and a bear killed them all.

very funny tithe-collecting inefficient curser

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by dekung(m): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
cyrexx:

LOL
I hope he doesn't hear this and not curse you like Elijah in the Bible did when children called him baldheaded and a bear killed them all.

grin grin grin grin
The truth is either of two things but the two point to the same direction.
1) The story of Elijah calling a bear to maul little children who called bald is not historical meaning the event never happened nd its just a figment of someones imagination hence Oyedepo, including everyone that believes the story, believe in a lie. Therefore whatever preaching comes from that source is a lie. Oyedepo is thus a liar because he believes in a lie and propagates the lie.
2) The event happened because Elijah was God's prophet and all prophets called of God have power to perform feats that are not common. However, Oyedepo cannot perform uncommon feats because he does not have the power, he does not have the power because he wasnt called by God therefore Oyedepo is a liar and propagates the lies.
So you see either way we look at it Oyedepo remains a liar and con artist
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by cyrexx: 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
^^^
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by dorox(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
FXKing2012:

Can you not see how hollow your threat sound? One day you will get to find out that Oyedepo is just a crook, i just hope that you will be able to manage your anger when you do and that you are able to bounce back from the disillusionment you will most likely suffer.
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by FXKing2012(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
cyrexx:

LOL

grin grin grin grin

You guys are reining curses upon urselves.
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by cyrexx: 6:26am On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

You guys are reining curses upon urselves.

do you think every nigerian is as brainwashed as you to believe and tremble before your cursing pastor,
he is just a man who is smart enough to control the mentality, and consequently the money, of millions of gullible nigerians, nothing more and nothing less.
he has absolutely no power to curse, he can only instill fear in order to generate subservient followership.
shikena
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by FXKing2012(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2012
cyrexx:

do you think every nigerian is as brainwashed as you to believe and tremble before your cursing pastor,
he is just a man who is smart enough to control the mentality, and consequently the money, of millions of gullible nigerians, nothing more and nothing less.
he has absolutely no power to curse, he can only instill fear in order to generate subservient followership.
shikena

I pity u!
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by cyrexx: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

I pity u!

your deceived and brainwashed mind need it much more than i do. i actually pity you more.
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by FXKing2012(m): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2012
cyrexx:

your deceived and brainwashed mind need it much more than i do. i actually pity you more.

But, really, why wld any smart person doubt the efficacy of prayer or even doubt the existence of God. Itz just unbelievable that some people cld still be so blind to the truth despite being so glaring.
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by dorox(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

But, really, why wld any smart person doubt the efficacy of prayer or even doubt the existence of God. Itz just unbelievable that some people cld still be so blind to the truth despite being so glaring.
Becuase of hypocrites like you and your silly MOG who persists in misrepresenting God.
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by FXKing2012(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2012
dorox:
Becuase of hypocrites like you and your silly MOG who persists in misrepresenting God.

So u believe there is a God, only that He is being misrepresented. Good!
Re: Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo by dorox(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

So u believe there is a God, only that He is being misrepresented. Good!
Of course as a christian i believe in God and his Son Jesus christ, but that doesn't mean that i would support the lies and idiocy of you or your pastor oyedepo or any other mog bent on fleecing the flock by preaching a peverted gospel. As for the atheist and agnostic i know their stand, i can choose to engage them in a discussion if i like.

(1) (Reply)

If Jesus Came To Your House / In †ђε Midst Of †ђε Anti-islam Crisis..my Humble Position aπϑ Way Forward / Contemporary Christian Music - Evil In The Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.