Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? (885 Views)

Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by tidytim: 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
I think that God has provided 2 choices, life or death

the wicked souls must be destroyed in the eternal lake of fire, otherwise the whole World would became some kind of an eternal hell.

But if as some say God will send people to hell for ever, what is the purpose , is punishment and subsequent death not enough ?

Any other opinions ?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by cyrexx: 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
simple,

its because god is imaginary and such image is created by wicked humans who cannot forgive you if you do not believe them or let them have their way controlling your mind.

it is man that created god is his own mind according to his image of wickedness and eternal punishment

shikena
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by truthislight: 12:44am On Jul 03, 2012
cyrexx: simple,

its because god is imaginary and such image is created by wicked humans who cannot forgive you if you do not believe them or let them have their way controlling your mind.

it is man that created god is his own mind according to his image of wickedness and eternal punishment

shikena

this sounds like the film MATRIX.
Too much watching of film can have an impact i can see.

To the question.
Yes, just taking away of the life is enough for sin.
"Wages sins pays is death"
and not, wages sins pays is everlasting life with torment.
Dont mind the extrals use for exploitation.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by buzugee(m): 12:50am On Jul 03, 2012
truthislight:

To the question.
Yes, just taking away of the life is enough for sin.
"Wages sins pays is death"
and not, wages sins pays is everlasting life with torment.
Dont mind the extrals use for exploitation.
you do realize that the death in that statement is 'spiritual death' not 'physical death'
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by cyrexx: 7:12am On Jul 03, 2012
truthislight:

no, sir

that statement is not found anywhere in any movie, you just projected that to make it sound trivial.
but its not trivial. its a solemn serious statement of truth, which religious minds will never see:

GOD IS IMAGINARY
SUCH AN IMAGE IS CREATED BY ANCIENT MEN
THOSE MEN CANNOT FORGIVE YOU FOR NOT BELIEVING THEIR FAIRY TALES AND LETTING THEM CONTROL YOUR MIND
IT IS MAN THAT CREATED GOD IN HIS OWN MIND ACCORDING TO HIS OWN IMAGE OF WICKEDNESS AND ETERNAL PUNISHMENT
MOST WORLD RELIGIONS CAPITALISE ON HUMAN BASIC FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN TO CONTROL YOUR MIND
SHIKENA
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Image123(m): 11:50am On Jul 03, 2012
tidytim: I think that God has provided 2 choices, life or death

the wicked souls must be destroyed in the eternal lake of fire, otherwise the whole World would became some kind of an eternal hell.

But if as some say God will send people to hell for ever, what is the purpose , is punishment and subsequent death not enough ?

Any other opinions ?

how about 'is forgiving everybody and they lived happily ever after' not enough, if you can catch the drift. God's righteous judgement is settled in Heaven. Repent and believe the gospel.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by truthislight: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee: you do realize that the death in that statement is 'spiritual death' not 'physical death'

Romans 6:23: "the wages sin pays is death but the gift that God gives is everlasting life through christ Jesus our lord"
So, then, if you say that the death there is spiritual, by extension u are also implying that the everlasting life there is also spiritual.

If that is the case there will be no literal reward of eternal life.

Ur notion is on the premise that Adam death the day he took the fruite was spiritual.
To this i say NO,
since he did not leave up to 1000yrs = 1day in Gods standerd, (2peter 3:8 )
he died that same day literally.
Adam lived 900 and.
So, the wages of sin is death literally and everlasting life is literal life.
Peace
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Image123:
how about 'is forgiving everybody and they lived happily ever after' not enough, if you can catch the drift. God's righteous judgement is settled in Heaven. Repent and believe the gospel.

Repent or Perish is the gospel mate.

Repent = everlasting life

Perish = Reject everlasting life

QED

Don't make a small issue complex with church tradition.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
truthislight:

Romans 6:23: "the wages sin pays is death but the gift that God gives is everlasting life through christ Jesus our lord"
So, then, if you say that the death there is spiritual, by extension u are also implying that the everlasting life there is also spiritual.

If that is the case there will be no literal reward of eternal life.

Ur notion is on the premise that Adam death the day he took the fruite was spiritual.
To this i say NO,
since he did not leave up to 1000yrs = 1day in Gods standerd, (2peter 3:8 )
he died that same day literally.
Adam lived 900 and.
So, the wages of sin is death literally and everlasting life is literal life.
Peace

The wages of sin is death , which is also referred to as the second death in the lake of fire, so yes we agree it is literal fire but it's duration is not for eternity , contrary to some false teaching which originated from the catholic church and pagan Greek tradition.

Google it.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
The reason for the fable of the "lake of fire" is very simple.
Rule by terror and fear.
"do as I say, or will you horrible things."

Instead of a lake of fire, could have invented a cataract knife ...
Throughout history and have used many methods, wars, assassinations of suspected heretics, the Inquisition, torture ...
Throughout history, it has become clear that it is often better to be feared, to be loved ...
That's what applies here.
Repression and terror.
Rule by terror.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by IdiAmin2(m): 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
It's simple, hell is a man-made doctrine, created as a control tool.
The eteranl creator must be very limited if he has to punish you.

The creator created human beings in his/her image. But humans have turned it around and created God in our image, as if the creator behaves like us. When someone disobeys or offends them, we get them back, so we have fixed the creator into that image: if you don't obey the commandments and believe in his son, he will get pissed off and punish you by sending you somewhere where you will burn forever. The creator is not like us.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Image123(m): 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
frosbel:

Repent or Perish is the gospel mate.

Repent = everlasting life

Perish = Reject everlasting life

QED

Don't make a small issue complex with church tradition.

God's judgement is not exactly what i would call a small issue. you make it complex with your brainwork, i am just stating what was said in the Word.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
Image123:
God's judgement is not exactly what i would call a small issue. you make it complex with your brainwork,
Let's see:
It is assumed that the trial is conducted according to clear rules.
If to God, judging is a complex issue ... what can we expect?
When it comes to the complexity of the trial, you referred to (eg) David, Noah, Solomon, etc.. were adulterers and God did not punish them for that?
That kind of thing you mean when you say that the trial is complex?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Image123(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Let's see:
It is assumed that the trial is conducted according to clear rules.
If to God, judging is a complex issue ... what can we expect?
When it comes to the complexity of the trial, you referred to (eg) David, Noah, Solomon, etc.. were adulterers and God did not punish them for that?
That kind of thing you mean when you say that the trial is complex?
i said frosbel makes it complex. it's simple and basic from God as it were. David and his friends acknowledged their sins and REPENTED, that is why God did not punish them.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by jcross19: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
Canal decay but soul don't die since God himself was source of our soul and God never die ,likewise the soul can never die that's the reason for the eternal damnation.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
Image123:
i said frosbel makes it complex. it's simple and basic from God as it were. David and his friends acknowledged their sins and REPENTED, that is why God did not punish them.

Ok. Ok.
So let me ask you something.
If I one day, I forget the moral and ethics, theft with impunity and killed several people regretting ... I, like David, Solomon, Noah ... surely go to heaven ...

(Where in the Bible says that David, Solomon and Noah repented of being adulterers?)
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
jcross19: Canal decay but soul don't die since God himself was source of our soul and God never die ,likewise the soul can never die that's the reason for the eternal damnation.

Yes, please, explain to frosbel that the soul does not die ... because he thinks otherwise ...
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by truthislight: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
frosbel:

The wages of sin is death , which is also referred to as the second death in the lake of fire, so yes we agree it is literal fire but it's duration is not for eternity , contrary to some false teaching which originated from the catholic church and pagan Greek tradition.

Google it.

yes, eternal torment is fales teaching,
however, the religious imformation u feed readers here so u google them?

Hmmmm!
Are u constrain with the bible?

I wish to take u seriously, pls, dont google what the bible teach, read the bible urself and if need be ask questions.

Peace
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Image123(m): 12:10am On Jul 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Ok. Ok.
If I one day, I forget the moral and ethics, theft with impunity and killed several people regretting ... I, like David, Solomon, Noah ... surely go to heaven ...

(Where in the Bible says that David, Solomon and Noah repented of being adulterers?)
Not just to forget, you have to REPENT and then ask God for forgiveness in the name of Jesus, believing in Jesus as your sacrifice for sins. Before, it was goats and lambs for sacrifice, but now it's simply Jesus.
David for one was recorded to have repented of his adultery.

2Sa 12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

Psa 51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and[b] blot out all mine iniquities[/b].
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of An Eternal Torment In The Lake Of Fire? by Image123(m): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Ok. Ok.

Not just to forget, you have to REPENT and then ask God for forgiveness in the name of Jesus, believing in Jesus as your sacrifice for sins. Before, it was goats and lambs for sacrifice, but now it's simply Jesus.
David for one was recorded to have repented of his adultery.

2Sa 12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

Psa 51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and[b] blot out all mine iniquities[/b].
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

(1) (Reply)

My Church Is Bigger!!! / Almost Anything Or Everything Will Take You To Hell, Is This True ? / The Bible Gets It Right! The Wicked Run When No One Chases- Prov 28;1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.