Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,577 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others (7821 Views)

First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC / Batch B 2014 Posted To Borno Let's Meet Here / Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by chuks49(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Corps members posted to Yobe, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Bornu and Bauchi states have asked the National Youth Service Corps to redeploy them from these trouble states.

The corps members, who expressed sadness as they received their call-up letters for the Batch B NYSC service year, said they were confused as they did not know what to do due to the spate of bombings and other forms of insecurity in these states.

Some of the corps members and their families, who expressed their worries on various social network sites including Facebook and Twitter, said they were extremely sad and disappointed when they received their call-up letters, deploying them to trouble states where there is currently curfew, threats of reprisals andcenseless bombings.

Some of the comments on the social network sites read, “We need to arise and stop the government from sentencing us and our loved ones to death. Is our government/NYSCthis heartless or simply inhumane? We seek our immediate redeployment, we want to live in places where wecan work with peace of mind.’’

Our correspondents learnt thatauthorities of the NYSC had also been under pressure from parents and prospective corps members posted to northern states, who had been seeking alternative posting.

Our Correspondent learnt in Abuja on Sunday that the NYSCwas already collaborating with the affected states on how to ensure security for the corps members posted to their states.

But speaking through the Borno State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Inuwa Bwala, in a telephone interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday, the Governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, made a casefor corps members to be posted to the state.

He argued that the security situation in the state was beingexaggerated by detractors to further isolate the state from the rest of the country.

He said, “While it is true that we have security challenges, it is a fact that these challenges are not exclusive to Borno State.

“We don’t have on record any attack on visitors neither do we have any record of attacks on the NYSC camp or corps members posted to and currently serving in Borno State.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/outrage-as-nysc-posts-graduates-to-borno-others/

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Arosa(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2012
This Nigerian government is wicked, so they want more NYSC peeps to die. angry angry angry they should send their children there instead.

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by edoyad(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
Arosa: This Nigerian government is wicked, so they want more NYSC peeps to die. angry angry angry they should send their children there instead.

Honestly it is beyond wickedness. These NYSC officials are exhibiting total incompetence with regards to their duties. Are the Corps members going to re enforce the Army or what ?
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Obiagu1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
Arosa: This Nigerian government is wicked, so they want more NYSC peeps to die. angry angry angry they should send their children there instead.

Wicked and useless. Everything in Nigeria is poo! angry
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by NaMe4: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2012
This is the problem with Nigerians, instead of whining, simply ignore such postings.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
Must I serve?

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Obiagu1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
Na-Me:
This is the problem with Nigerians, instead of whining, simply ignore such postings.

How can you get job in Nigeria without serving?
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
Obiagu1:

How can you get job in Nigeria without serving?
If you must look for job collect an exception letter, find an excuse maybe your health is not that sound or whatever.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by T9ksy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
salaksmana:
If you must look for job collect an exception letter, find an excuse maybe your health is not that sound or whatever.

Yes o, like one is allegic to Boko Haram grin.

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Abali1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
salaksmana:

How many people do you think will be exemption letters, if almost all those posted there complain.
@topic, I found one interesting thing when I served. That is to only visit my place of primary assinment once it is end or beginnig of the month. Collect my allowee, settle those that matter in the schemeof things and return to.base. I no go fit knowingly die for Nigeria.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 03, 2012
T9ksy:

Yes o, like one is allegic to Boko Haram grin.
ROTFLMAO, exactly.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by brownlord: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2012
chuks49: Corps members posted to Yobe, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Bornu and Bauchi states have asked the National Youth Service Corps to redeploy them from these trouble states.

The corps members, who expressed sadness as they received their call-up letters for the Batch B NYSC service year, said they were confused as they did not know what to do due to the spate of bombings and other forms of insecurity in these states.

Some of the corps members and their families, who expressed their worries on various social network sites including Facebook and Twitter, said they were extremely sad and disappointed when they received their call-up letters, deploying them to trouble states where there is currently curfew, threats of reprisals andcenseless bombings.

Some of the comments on the social network sites read, “We need to arise and stop the government from sentencing us and our loved ones to death. Is our government/NYSCthis heartless or simply inhumane? We seek our immediate redeployment, we want to live in places where wecan work with peace of mind.’’

Our correspondents learnt thatauthorities of the NYSC had also been under pressure from parents and prospective corps members posted to northern states, who had been seeking alternative posting.

Our Correspondent learnt in Abuja on Sunday that the NYSCwas already collaborating with the affected states on how to ensure security for the corps members posted to their states.

But speaking through the Borno State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Inuwa Bwala, in a telephone interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday, the Governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, made a casefor corps members to be posted to the state.

He argued that the security situation in the state was beingexaggerated by detractors to further isolate the state from the rest of the country.

He said, “While it is true that we have security challenges, it is a fact that these challenges are not exclusive to Borno State.

“We don’t have on record any attack on visitors neither do we have any record of attacks on the NYSC camp or corps members posted to and currently serving in Borno State.”

He argued that the security situation in the state was beingexaggerated by detractors to further isolate the state from the rest of the country.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

“We don’t have on record any attack on visitors neither do we have any record of attacks on the NYSC camp or corps members posted to and currently serving in Borno State.

Meaning corpers, should get killed first so you can add that to your record before you appeal to your brothers and sisters to stop killing Nigerians in the name of religion?...God purnish your father...animal in govt.

7 Likes

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Immanuelar(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2012
salaksmana: Must I serve?
abi oooo?afta 5 years of hardwork..nw to commit sucide in d 6th year?
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by bigx(m): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2012
Our President said he hasn't been able to Visit Borno state becuase of insecurity, So insecurity now has different definitions for the President and Ordinary citizens abi?

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by edyza(m): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2012
These NYSC guys r so wicked,even if d Borno state governor shld open his pit 2 say there's no case of attacks on visitors on record in borno,them (NYSC) will still avv d balls 2 post these innocent boys,gurls,men n women to this place.or they want these states 2 make headlines
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by onyxo76(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2012
my brother in law was posted to kano.... the chap has tossed the call up letter into the trash can...he's going nowhere! who wan die?

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by bobbyruffy(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2012
Nigerian govt is sooo lame and clueless...#smh# in pity cry
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by BabaO2: 8:38am On Jul 03, 2012
worst country on earth. Always pretend at everything.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by erniok(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2012
Abali, u b correct guy. Since hunters don sabi shoot without missing, birds must learn to fly without perching.

NYSC is fast becoming a joke in terms of securing the lives of Corp members.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by ZUBY77(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2012
GEJ and his govt are pure blood suckers.
Whle GEJ and all his guards are scared of going to maidugri, they see it fit to post innocent Christians there. Shame.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Biggyd2: 8:42am On Jul 03, 2012
Such insensitive government! There is a security situation here an people are advocating that people should allow their wards to go and be slaughtered in these trouble prone states? How many of our ministers allow their children to serve, let alone going the BH infested states? And if our President in a public broadcast said that he was not able to visit certain places in this country because of the security reasons, why would the corpers be used as sacrificial lambs? My advice - if you believe that your life will be at risk if you go up North to serve, please send a rejection letter to NYSC, stating your reasons.

And where are the civil rights organisations? What are they doing about this? I wont want to come back to NL forum in the near future to "commiserate with the families of people who lost their loved ones to BH". God forbid! After money and years spent? Life has no duplicate o! We can avert that if the proper thing is done now.

If however, there is any out there who insists on going to these places, please make sure you get a copy of the book that our president is enjoining us to get to tackle security issues.

see :
President Goodluck Jonathan will on Tuesday launch the presentation of a book written by former Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, on security.

The book, 'Overcoming security challenges', serves as a guide on security awareness for Nigerians caught in the present prevailing security challenges.

Other dignitaries expected at the book launch include the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bamaga Tukur; the Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuwade; Senate President David Mark; and the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu.

According to Okiro, the book is a manual of crime prevention and a compendium of expedient clues that could guild government authorities on security challenges facing the nation.http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/gej-launch-book-security-challenges

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by sapien(m): 8:50am On Jul 03, 2012
chuks49: Corps members posted to Yobe, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Bornu and Bauchi states have asked the National Youth Service Corps to redeploy them from these trouble states.

I would rather kill myself than to go on a suicide mission.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by mygee33(m): 8:59am On Jul 03, 2012
NYSC certificate is not a criteria for success in life! I advise corps members posted to war zones to decline the call up and go for exemption certificate rather, the are all the same! Meanwhile if you must go you guys have to be prayerful. Manage and endure the three weeks exercise, do your documentation and find your way to base. Meanwhile during the documentation use a simple signature that the worst Alamajiri can replicate so as to ease the monthly clearance. Go to DHL and enquire if the have office in such state and pay hem in advance to send your certificate when the are ready!!! On the other hand I will suggest that FG should scrap this waste of one year called NYSC that makes the rich richer! The money invested in this failed project should be used to encourage Entrepreneurship. Fresh graduates should be trained in one skill or the other and be given a minimum of 500k as start up capital. The system is not structured to create Job.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by boyendowed(m): 9:09am On Jul 03, 2012
NYSC officials are just wicked animals.Can they post their own kids to those states.They said there is security at the camps.What about the highway and roads leading to those camps?

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Ericsdm55(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2012
mygee33: NYSC certificate is not a criteria for success in life! I advise corps members posted to war zones to decline the call up and go for exemption certificate rather, the are all the same! Meanwhile if you must go you guys have to be prayerful. Manage and endure the three weeks exercise, do your documentation and find your way to base. Meanwhile during the documentation use a simple signature that the worst Alamajiri can replicate so as to ease the monthly clearance. Go to DHL and enquire if the have office in such state and pay hem in advance to send your certificate when the are ready!!! On the other hand I will suggest that FG should scrap this waste of one year called NYSC that makes the rich richer! The money invested in this failed project should be used to encourage Entrepreneurship. Fresh graduates should be trained in one skill or the other and be given a minimum of 500k as start up capital. The system is not structured to create Job.
God bless you my brother.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by zuby9c(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] This country has always taken it's graduates for granted.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by mattsteve(f): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2012
even if heaven opens and i see the face of God telling me to go.........i no go move from my house nt to talk of a gov or president telling its safe to go and use myself as a sacrificial lamb to the bh.dat one i no go even move from my room.make dem come lick my asssssss.mtchewww
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Goldenheart(m): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2012
corps should move with licenced guns......in the north.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by wowo2: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2012
Was there even any deliberation by the NYSC administration or the presidency not to send people to these violent states?

Am now convinced the Nigeria is in the hands of the insane.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by ebamma(m): 9:39am On Jul 03, 2012
make them scrap this nysc sef,because me sef i no see im benefit.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by nwadyke2001(m): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2012
truth
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by monic1860: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2012
Anybody that value his life should never go there o o o. This government has failled us in terms of security esp. In the north. Be wise, your life or the service.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp / A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State / Nysc 2017 Batch B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.