Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Recipes For Chicken Pie, Butternut Soup, and Boiled Jamaican Dumplings - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For Chicken Pie, Butternut Soup, and Boiled Jamaican Dumplings (1207 Views)

Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / How To Prepare Dan'wake ( Beans Flour Dumplings) / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipes For Chicken Pie, Butternut Soup, and Boiled Jamaican Dumplings by Egbagirl(f): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
Hey!

So I need help with a few recipes. Im making dinner for this friend of mine and he asked for boiled Jamaican dumplings. So I looked online but I want to know if anyone has had experience with this before. Im not sure how it tastes and I aint about to cook dinner that I cant eat. Your opinions on this dish would be very helpful.

Plus.... Anyone made butternut soup before? I used to make some about 4 years ago and cant find my recipe. Anyways, looking for tips if there are any.

MOST IMPORTANTLY... Can someone please please please give me a GREAT recipe for chicken pie dough. Im making some this weekend. The filling, I can handle but the dough, nah..

So there! Any kind souls out there to help a poor sister out?? Thanks!!! smiley
Re: Recipes For Chicken Pie, Butternut Soup, and Boiled Jamaican Dumplings by yme1(f): 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Recipe for chicken pie dough

7 oz/200g all purpose/plain flour
Pinch of salt
4 oz/ 110g butter, cubed or an equal mix of butter and lard
2-3 tbsp cold water
1 egg, beaten for glaze
Re: Recipes For Chicken Pie, Butternut Soup, and Boiled Jamaican Dumplings by yme1(f): 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
Jamaican Dumpling Recipe

3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
Oil for frying

Preparation

*Sieve the flour in to a bowl, stir in the salt and baking powder
*Cut the butter in to small lumps and add to the mixture
*Work the mixture in to a breadcrumb-like texture
*Add the milk a little bit at a time and work in to the mixture (if it is added too quickly the mixture may not bind properly)Knead the mixture until it is smooth
*Divide the mixture in to small balls about 5cm in diameter then flatten the balls so they are about 2cm thick.
*Place the dumplings in boiling water for 15 minutes
*Drain and serve.

I haven't tasted it before but from the recipes and preparation it might taste slightly like buns grin
Re: Recipes For Chicken Pie, Butternut Soup, and Boiled Jamaican Dumplings by Egbagirl(f): 1:05am On Jul 03, 2012
y me: Jamaican Dumpling Recipe

3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
Oil for frying

Preparation

*Sieve the flour in to a bowl, stir in the salt and baking powder
*Cut the butter in to small lumps and add to the mixture
*Work the mixture in to a breadcrumb-like texture
*Add the milk a little bit at a time and work in to the mixture (if it is added too quickly the mixture may not bind properly)Knead the mixture until it is smooth
*Divide the mixture in to small balls about 5cm in diameter then flatten the balls so they are about 2cm thick.
*Place the dumplings in boiling water for 15 minutes
*Drain and serve.

I haven't tasted it before but from the recipes and preparation it might taste slightly like buns grin

True true. I think so. With the butter and all. Hmmm so you haven't tried it yet huh? Lol. Ok o. I think I prefer this recipe to another one that I saw. Thanks tho! And the chicken pie dough, is it tried and tested cheesy
Re: Recipes For Chicken Pie, Butternut Soup, and Boiled Jamaican Dumplings by Egbagirl(f): 1:07am On Jul 03, 2012
Thank you!
y me: Recipe for chicken pie dough

7 oz/200g all purpose/plain flour
Pinch of salt
4 oz/ 110g butter, cubed or an equal mix of butter and lard
2-3 tbsp cold water
1 egg, beaten for glaze

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Prepare Your Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Maker / How To Make Doughnuts And Chin Chin (video) / Small Chops Experts In Okada,benin City, Auchi, Expoma & Edo State Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.