Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,470 members, 7,770,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:08 AM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (47768 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
There are a million things to take into consideration on the journey to conception. In my mind, one of the most important is a healthy food lifestyle.

It's important that we make the right food choices along the way, and sometimes we need to take the time to clear out some of the litter and reset our bodies. This is one of those times.

The foods, smoothies, fruits and methods outlined in the challenge can, and should, become part of your daily lifestyle (only to be halted when pregnant or nursing).

This challenge is not meant to work miracles-only God can perform those. However, you can expect to lose some weight, and in general, be healthy. Who knows, you might even be pleasantly surprised! Note: if you don't want to lose weight, reduce the amount of oatmeal you eat on the challenge. Have one more helping of one meal each day.

In the next couple of days, I will post some basic rules for the challenge. I know it's hard to follow a set of rules for any period of time, but it will be worth it in the end.

Now, I'm posting the full shopping list for the 30 days. If it is not on the list, or not in the recipes which will be posted, please do not eat it, at least for 30 days. Exceptions to this rule are herbs and fertility aids like royal jelly, blackstrap molasses, etc.

Shopping List for the 30DFC

https://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/17/30-day-fertility-diet-challenge/

Rules for the 30DFC

https://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/18/30-day-fertility-diet-challenge-rules/

Update:

New 30DFC-compatible recipes up
http://
thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/27/
carrot-and-apple-oatmeal-muffins/

thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/27/
healthified-okro/

thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/27/all-
purpose-efo-riro/

Update:

@all, new recipes up

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/28/toasted-couscous-and-aromatic-chicken-curry/

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/28/baked-grapefruit-oats/

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/28/bean-and-pumpkin-chili/

Update for week 1:
Day 1. B-Baked Grape Oats
L- fufu and vegetable soup
D-rice with chicken and veggies

Day 2. B-Pumpkin Oat Bars
L-plantains, greens and cod
D-easy beans and rice

Day 3. B-stuffed omelette (with wheat bread, if you like, not more than 2 slices)
L-Okro and oat fufu
D-chicken and potato curry

Day 4. B-rice pudding
L-vegetable yam
D-bean and pumpkin chili

Day 5. B-carrot and apple oats
L-fufu and vegetable soup
D-mashed sweet potatoes and vegetables

Day 6. B-honey grapefruit with banana
L-peppersoup yam
D-curried beans

Day 7. B-pumpkin porridge
L-poultry and vegetable bake
D-green plantain balls

Please, don't go hungry. You can snack on boiled eggs (not more than 2 a day), carrots, cinnamon apples and oranges (recipe soon). Drink lots of water, take the required vitamins...

I'll be back to add links to recipes already on the blog, and will put up more recipes before the day ends. Pls don't forget to look at the rules. May God bless our efforts.

Enjoy!

Update:

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/11/02/the-quickest-salad-ever/

htt,p://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/11/02/spanish-omelette/

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/11/02/chicken-vindaloo/

Week 2

Breakfast

Pumpkin pie oatmeal
Spanish omelette
Coconut oatmeal
Pumpkin pancakes
Banana oatmeal
Oat pancakes
Banana pancakes

Lunch

Palm oil chicken and beans
Sweet potato and greens
Okro and fufu
Vegetable soup and fufu
Edikang Ikong and fufu
Colcannon

Dinner

Baked chicken and chips
Sesame oil chicken
Refried beans
Braised chicken paprika
Cabbage rolls
Moi moi and oatmeal
Vegetable yam

Week 3

Breakfast

Baked grape oats
Stuffed omelette
Rice pudding
Carrot and apple oats
Coconut oatmeal with honey
Pumpkin oatmeal
Beans brownies

Lunch

Fufu and vegetable soup
Chicken vindaloo
Vegetable yam
Okro and oat fufu
Poultry and vegetable sunday bake

Dinner

Plantain, cod, and greens
Chicken and potato curry
Chicken Paprika
Bean and pumpkin chili
Plantain ball curry with beans
Beef in black pepper sauce over brown rice
Chicken in Ginger and Spring onions

4 Likes

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by iyatt: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
hi dreams congrats on your bfp ive been a silent follower on the ttc thread and your food blog.
i am in for the 30 day challenge! Thank you
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
Thank you, iyatt. I'm sure you'll announce yours soon!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Bcolah(f): 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
Oya now, let's go! Wen do we get these items especially cos of the perishable ones. Btwn, if my blender spoils again,u go buy anoda one lol....
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by muma(f): 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Well done dreams.

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by AmazeBalls(f): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
cool@dreams I'm sooooooo in,bring it on
Tnks a bunch
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by santagelo25(m): 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
@Dreams,i am in too...Kudos to you..
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
@Dreams, very well done. Pls i need some clarifications:

Brown rice, is it d same as Ofada rice?

Oats, is it d same as quaker oats?

Thanks.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Welcome, you guys. May God bless our effort.

@Uteh, no brown rice isn't ofada. Lemme send you a pic. Yes, Quaker oats are oats.

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yelse ooooo!!! ℓ̊ don show!!! Am in alllll daaaaa wayyyyy!!! Am sooooo excited tooo. Already announced it to DH. Will start shopping on saturday. @Dreams no peppersoup? tongue what abt shake off?@Uteh, U took the questions right out of my mouth, I talk am before say me I no sabi Oyinbo thing. Answers puleaase!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
BEEN TRYING DIFFERENT PASSWORD AND THIS WORKED!

I am in but wont be posting just participating as a guest as i will bookmark this link.

@all goodevening oooo... eku enjoyment ooo but can i get the processed coconut milk?

make i run b4 dh notice me here ooo...

missing u all. lv ya

2 Likes

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
@Bcolah, I think the only thing you should buy in batches is the unripe plantain and banana. I will post a menu table tomorrow. You can figure out when to buy them as we go along. Every other thing can keep. For the vegetables, wrap them well in newspaper and keep in the fridge.

MamaT of all nations...haba, peppersoup full ground na. No worry. If you are on shake off, bsm, etc, pls continue. Nothing spoil at all.

@wannabeamum, feel free to get canned coconut milk. Just dilute small. If it's full fat, mix with one cup of water and measure from it.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yelse o, on my mark, set, Goooooooooooo

I'm set already, started my shakeoff dis ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊g̲̣̣̣̥✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣, Ĵüڪ† finished d second dose, I'm presently relaxing wt castor oil a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ hot water bottle on my tommy, if i loose dat 4kg ehn! Dat means Agbani don enter ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏, got most of my stuffs already, cd4 a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ to go
May God help us to achieve even more dn we planned a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ may He be wt Dream,her dh a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ LO
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls how can we preserve carrot, egg plant a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ uziza leaf?

Can we use soko or spinach I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ case we can't get fresh amaranth?

Wat is pumpkin?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 18, 2013
@twingirls
I think she means pumpkin leaf aka Ugu leaf
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 18, 2013
@Dreams pls U didnt specify the cup size for measuring the oats, wheat and plantain flour for the fufu. I remember you also said sometin abt a scale for measuring food, pls post a pix if possible. Already sent someone to get me my Braggs (ACV) from Healthplus in Eko. Kai!!! But I hate brown rice sha, my mama dey always chop am with a sad face cry d tin no sweet at all grin But for the mara wen dey ground I can chop stone self lipsrsealed @Wannabeamum, you will definitely be a mum, abeg hide that password wella, so dat you go fit use am announce Ur BFP. Mils you.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:14am On Oct 18, 2013
@Salsera, no, I mean the pumpkin itself. I listed ugu seperately.
@twingirls, I'm sure you've seen it in the market, but always overlook it.
You can preserve uziza leaves by wrapping tightly in newspaper. Preserve carrots by peeling and covering in water in the fridge (change the water daily), eggplants are preserved in the fridge as well. Yes, you can use spinach in place of the amaranth, but I think amaranth is really easy to find (you know the vegetable they call green)
@mamat, u no lie. Brown rice is not sooo tasty, because of the high fibre content, but with the recipes I have planned, the taste won't be an issue (hopefully, lol) Let me look for pictures of the food scale I mean, and will show you pictures of the measuring cups I'm talking about. They come in a set, usually ranging from 1 teaspoon to 1 cup. It's 800 here, and it's a must for every kitchen.

The scale is to weigh meat, and vegetables but I'm sure that you can also use the size of your hand to measure the amount. I've seen a chart like that before. Will look for it and post it with pictures of the pumpkin, scale and cups.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by onyinyechika: 6:26am On Oct 18, 2013
Dreamsss thanks a bunch. Am soo inn wink let's go there grin
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2013
@ Dreams kudos! Am in but Ȋ̝̊̅ hv a froblem! grin DH hates oats. Try as Ȋ̝̊̅ might, Ȋ̝̊̅ hv bn unable to get him to eat dt. And Ȋ̝̊̅ honestly don't know y cos Ȋ̝̊̅ love it. Am also lactose intolerant.cry Mixing wt wheat and plaintain flour will not be difficult cos he won't know what it is but alone? undecided na only God know! Will start shopping A.S.A.P
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:07am On Oct 18, 2013
lizzyslaw: @ Dreams kudos! Am in but Ȋ̝̊̅ hv a froblem! grin DH hates oats. Try as Ȋ̝̊̅ might, Ȋ̝̊̅ hv bn unable to get him to eat dt. And Ȋ̝̊̅ honestly don't know y cos Ȋ̝̊̅ love it. Am also lactose intolerant.cry Mixing wt wheat and plaintain flour will not be difficult cos he won't know what it is but alone? undecided na only God know! Will start shopping only A.S.A.P

I'll send you one of the oat recipes, so you can try it out and see if he still dislikes it. It will never be boring oats alone (too tiring). For you, leave out the milk. Just buy coconut milk and make milk from almonds. You can even make rice milk. Don't worry, there's something for everybody!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:14am On Oct 18, 2013
Pumpkin...please don't throw the seeds away. They make a very yummy and healthy snack

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:15am On Oct 18, 2013
Scale and measuring cups

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by labella12: 7:58am On Oct 18, 2013
Well done dreams we are set
I couldn't find your blog yest I just saw you have moved to Wordpress we will move with you. For those of us in Abuja abeg make life easy with where to get stuff from. Didn't find the almond oil in next oh. I check the oil section.
May God bless your effort
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 18, 2013
@dreams, welldone, where can one get the measuring spoons? For the scale I got mine from deprince supermarket ( gbagada or along olowora(magodo Isheri)) it's N1,000.

Another question please, will the menu time table be based according to cycle days? Eg certain foods to eat during af, before ovulation and after ovulation?

Thanks and God Bless you
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by mum2be: 8:24am On Oct 18, 2013
cry
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:32am On Oct 18, 2013
@mum2be, y so blue?

@all, I've moved to www.thefruitfulkitchen.
My email address is fruitfulkitchen@gmail.com

Labella, thanks for following. I found the Almond oil in the freezer section, on those shelves above the freezer. Yesterday, I saw it in Grand Square too, the oil section

You can get parsley in a salad market in Kado Estate. Enter Kado from the express road to life camp. It's on the right. It's very easy to miss if you aren't looking.

@Hopeful, yes dear, there are some recipes for different cycle times. I will indicate as I post.
You can get the cups at any cake/baking shop
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by mum2be: 8:34am On Oct 18, 2013
Dreamsinbc: @mum2be, y so blue?

@all, I've moved to www.thefruitfulkitchen.
My email address is fruitfulkitchen@gmail.com

Labella, thanks for following. I found the Almond oil in the freezer section, on those shelves above the freezer. Yesterday, I saw it in Grand Square too, the oil section

You can get parsley in a salad market in Kado Estate. Enter Kado from the express road to life camp. It's on the right. It's very easy to miss if you aren't looking.

@Hopeful, yes dear, there are some recipes for different cycle times. I will indicate as I post.
You can get the cups at any cake/baking shop

You have answered the questions I had. Can we find pumpkin there
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 9:16am On Oct 18, 2013
Thanks Dreams! kiss
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Flakeey(f): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2013
hummmm
this is going to be hullallaaaaa

thank God i'm starting my outstanding leave by Nov 4, so no shaking!!

Go Dreams Go gurl *kisses*
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2013
nice one dream, am in too
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2013
Weldone all, I'm off to d market, i got my almond oil frm health plus, quite small ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ d price though, I'm off to get my veggies

Shakeoff is dealing wt me seriously, been to d toilet like 6 times dis ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊g̲̣̣̣̥✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣, don't feel like eating, can't even take water.

Dreams, don't mind me, i av an organic vegetable garden wt enuf ugu, soko a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ spinach, amaranth (green) is difficult to manage cos it get infected easily, hence my decision to stick wt other vegs
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2013
Ahhhh, ok, that's fine then. How do you plant them? I'm interested o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

ABCs Of Cake Making / Why Is My Fondant Breaking? / 11k Well Spent..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.