Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Challenges Of Poverty Eradication And Sustainable Development In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Challenges Of Poverty Eradication And Sustainable Development In Nigeria (1242 Views)

Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University / Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / New Development In The Post Utme Exam Of Federal Poly Oko. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges Of Poverty Eradication And Sustainable Development In Nigeria by Oliandre(m): 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sustainable developmeynt and poverty eradication, undoubtedly, are some of the most challenging issues in Third World today (.Nigeria as case study ).. I used to think poverty was just lack of money, but after checking on some of the existing literatures on the subject matter(poverty), i discovered that there is no general consensus on the definition of poverty rather its a multidimentional phenomenom.. I took my enquiry further, so i went to a village close to my school and ask some of the villagers what they know or feel about the subject matter. A woman said "poverty means when person no get money for pocket and when person no fit stand for him right that is when person no get power, when person no fit go or send him children go beta sch like una..." From what the woman said i discoverd that even those in the remote part of the country understands the importance of education and the roles it plays in poverty eradication. Not going to go deep into the subject matter. Well am a final year student of Igbinedion University okada, studying economics and development studies. I want to know what Nigerians think about this topic, would also like Nigerians to give me their own definitions of poverty and posibly contribute to the topic...

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Poverty Eradication And Sustainable Development In Nigeria by sandy02: 10:23am On Jul 10, 2012
Oliandre: Sustainable developmeynt and poverty eradication, undoubtedly, are some of the most challenging issues in Third World today (.Nigeria as case study ).. I used to think poverty was just lack of money, but after checking on some of the existing literatures on the subject matter(poverty), i discovered that there is no general consensus on the definition of poverty rather its a multidimentional phenomenom.. I took my enquiry further, so i went to a village close to my school and ask some of the villagers what they know or feel about the subject matter. A woman said "poverty means when person no get money for pocket and when person no fit stand for him right that is when person no get power, when person no fit go or send him children go beta sch like una..." From what the woman said i discoverd that even those in the remote part of the country understands the importance of education and the roles it plays in poverty eradication. Not going to go deep into the subject matter. Well am a final year student of Igbinedion University okada, studying economics and development studies. I want to know what Nigerians think about this topic, would also like Nigerians to give me their own definitions of poverty and posibly contribute to the topic...
well crafted. Nice
Re: Challenges Of Poverty Eradication And Sustainable Development In Nigeria by Oliandre(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2012
sandy02: well crafted. Nice
. Tnx.. Your contribution
Re: Challenges Of Poverty Eradication And Sustainable Development In Nigeria by sandy02: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
mismanagement corruption greed many more

(1) (Reply)

Get Okopoly Post Ume Past Questions / Uniben Student Stole A Blackberry Phone / Post UME 2013/2014 Cut-off Mark For All Courses/faculties For All Nigeria Uni.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.