Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? (20128 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Megabyts(m): 8:52am On Jul 04, 2012
Because in d food chain lizards have enough to eat while nobody or very few eat lizards.ask youself why there are no more vultures in nija compared to 20 years ago.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by TheMatrix3: 9:34am On Jul 04, 2012
Used to have a fulani friend wen I was serving. He said they ate the red necks when they were small...Ewwwwwww shocked
@OP: I have a trick on how to catch Lizards... I learnt it in SS2, when we were told to bring unwounded Lizards for Biology Practicals(b4 una go tink say my papa na herbalist grin or say na me been dey chop am undecided)
1.) Wearing hand gloves, get a dead cockraoch and attach a hook or curved-pin shaped like a hook, into its guts
2.) Tie the hook to a long twine or strong thread.
3.) Just the way you fish, drag the thread slowly so the cockraoch appears to be moving and watch the way the Lizards will pursue it swiftly the way politicains dey take pursue young gals. The one who eats the roach gets caught in the throat! Voila!!! you got your bush meat: FOC grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2012
The_Matrix: Used to have a fulani friend wen I was serving. He said they ate the red necks when they were small...Ewwwwwww shocked
@OP: I have a trick on how to catch Lizards... I learnt it in SS2, when we were told to bring unwounded Lizards for Biology Practicals(b4 una go tink say my papa na herbalist grin or say na me been dey chop am undecided)
1.) Wearing hand gloves, get a dead cockraoch and attach a hook or curved-pin shaped like a hook, into its guts
2.) Tie the hook to a long twine or strong thread.
3.) Just the way you fish, drag the thread slowly so the cockraoch appears to be moving and watch the way the Lizards will pursue it swiftly the way politicains dey take pursue young gals. The one who eats the roach gets caught in the throat! Voila!!! you got your bush meat: FOC grin
Opps!
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2012
pendo89: Like seriously? Do you know how important lizards are in a house?

They will eat all insects,mosquitoes and you don't need to worry.

I like seeing a lizard chase up an insect.

Celebrate the Lizard dont complain.

Smart girl you are.

@OP

It is because Nigeria and Africa is nature in itself. Unlike the natureless place where you came from.

If you want more concrete and precise answer. Ask God who put them here.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by crackhouse(m): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2012
LizyL: no the comment was jus not necessary and trash was spelled wrong.
hmm, i wonder whether u are here to get answers to ur question or to teach English.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2012
crackhouse: hmm, i wonder whether u are here to get answers to ur question or to teach English.

^^^^^^All of the above!
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by crackhouse(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Your name is lizard-like. Did u coin that name from the word "lizard"?
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
crackhouse: Your name is lizard-like. Did u coin that name from the word "lizard"?
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by 2sa2: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
you parked into their territory hence you see so many of them. my advice for you is that you should start killing any one you see, this will go a long way in reducing their population. Better still, trace their eggs, i'm sure you have some all over your house, DESTROY them cool cheesy All the best.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by queensmith: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
how do the lizards catch the flies? do their tongues fly out like frogs? why didnt i ever notice that?

theres also alot of frogs back home. soo much wildlife.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by luccino22(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
lizard wtf thread is dis
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Jonwesley(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
And what about the way u used "wrong", it is better english to say wrongly. I mean to correct the author of the thread.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
queensmith: how do the lizards catch the flies? do their tongues fly out like frogs? why didnt i ever notice that?

theres also alot of frogs back home. soo much wildlife.

Because it must have been very longtime you noticed. And because of that, the one you noticed when you were noticing might have eluded your memory. So it seems you need new noticing.

It is called biodiversity. Nature knows why they are theee. Why not ask her. That is why you see whiteman come to Africa to make documentaries about all that and we Africans pay to watch them on satelite TV. For them to pay countries to maintain their rainforest shows they understand how nature works. Rather we are busy clearing and building unproductive mansions everywhere,

@OP

Your username suggest that you may be happy and surprise to see your comrades roaming freely in their natural habitat. But if you are for one day intimated by them, pack your things and head back where you came from and leave our cute little creatures alone. LOL
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Jonwesley(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
LizyL: Thrash or trash?? Lol

What about u? You used wrong when it shd be wrongly.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
Jonwesley:

What about u? You used wrong when it shd be wrongly.

can you quote this? more evidence please
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
tobechi74: Y are there so many thrash topic in nairaland

I couldn't believe the number of likes i saw on this comment. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by blackboi(m): 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
190: I heard that if this same lizard should outta anger bit you

that its 7 day madness straight for you
day and nite

you would nod your head continously like the male agama lizard 247 after that
you would summersault 3 times and start crying!

ive seen it happen doe undecided
hehe.. grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by shuddyy: 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
meksroland: It was much cos the SW people and Hausas stopped eating them. Sorry

NO! I think they are so many because the SE are still not eating enuf after the Sw and Hausas stopped eating them.
You are a castrated Monkey!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
shuddyy:

NO! I think they are so many because the SE are still not eating enuf after the Sw and Hausas stopped eating them.
You are a castrated Monkey!
smiley
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by SaintChukz(m): 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
* Walking into thread and seeing a pack of lizards running in haphazard directions 4rm d direction where d Op is sitting....,I fret a little, regains myself and then calls out to the Op....Lizyl...!!!"Please call them to order cos i guess u r d only one they recognize"...and true to my amazement d Op does that and d pack of Lizards are orderly again. Wow, what an amazing feat just achieved by d Op.*
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Anyaugo1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
tobechi74: Y are there so many thrash topic in nairaland
answer the punk
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by rafcrown(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
We can export them to Ch----
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Hizeey: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
kunletiwoo:
Opps!
How does this relate to †ЂE topic ? *Ode*
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2012
Hizeey:
How does this relate to †ЂE topic ? *Ode*
Seriously you didn't pass through school. Wish I had ur Time. smiley
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2012
[size=30pt]I love the lizards, they are a spectacular thing to see, my little boy and our guests from Europe love to take photos of them. Long live the Nigerian Agama Lizards![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by rafcrown(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
Partners wanted all over the world to Export Ako alangba lizards to. Countries where theylove eating them with or without NAFDAC approval.Epilepsy?
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
i love lizards!

they are so cute. cheesy
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by rafcrown(m): 6:21am On Jul 07, 2012
@Msdarkskin
Can I send u 100 different species of lizards?My no 1 customer.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by umunnatim(m): 4:05am On Jul 09, 2012
Goldenheart: its because U moved into an uncompleted building...... wink

This is the best answer...Leave the mumu he for ask us why many black people they Naija?
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by wurajone(f): 10:05am On Jul 09, 2012
umunnatim:

This is the best answer...Leave the mumu he for ask us why many black people they Naija?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by montili(f): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
LizyL: Ever since i moved here last year, i noticed the amount of lizards all over the place. Why are there so many?

Because due to recent Bomb blasts by Boko Haram in the North, the lizards are rapidly migrating. If na u u no go take off from danger zone? grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by clem2love(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
good ideal why waste time why not catch as much as you can then start exportation of lizard to place like were you are from.

sorry i dont know were you from but believe will make much of $ in return.

Good luck !!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: First Phase Of Blue Line Rail Project Will Be Completed Next Week / Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed / Container Truck Runs Into A Building At Mushin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.