Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Advice On A Used Camry V6 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On A Used Camry V6 (1959 Views)

5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great / Toyota Camry V6 And V4 Differences. / Got Smoked By A 2007 Camry V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On A Used Camry V6 by osajojo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hey Nairalanders.
I want to buy a toyota camry from a friend. I kinda need advice on how the car works and its durability and fuel consumption. I checked the mileage it was 117485 does this mean it hasn't been used so much. Please I need expert and experienced advice on this. Lastly the price is roughly below 400k below r the pictures

Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by bless2hot: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
[/color]its a very cool car, V6 engine, its much faster dan d average camry 4 cylinder. From d pics its got leather interior whiich is a plus for me, d mileage is ok that's if he has been using it for up to 3 yrs or less.
Ask him if d car actually has any speciFic problems, for 400k its a good deal.[color=#006600]
Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by baaliyah(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is 94 Camry I think. The milage is suspicous. the interior looks clean, if the engine is good and you have a good reason to buy a v6 go for it. If your movement is mostly within the city u will spend a lot of money fuellling. The parts are very cheap.
Since he s ur friend u should know if the car is problematic.
Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by Gentlemaxy: 6:37am On Jul 06, 2012
ba_aliyah: This is 94 Camry I think. The milage is suspicous. the interior looks clean, if the engine is good and you have a good reason to buy a v6 go for it. If your movement is mostly within the city u will spend a lot of money fuellling. The parts are very cheap.
you mean it drinks fuel more than any 4 cylinder ?
Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by andyzoga: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2012
ba_aliyah: This is 94 Camry I think. The milage is suspicous. the interior looks clean, if the engine is good and you have a good reason to buy a v6 go for it. If your movement is mostly within the city u will spend a lot of money fuellling. The parts are very cheap.
Good, affordable maintenance and very strong. The mileage is ok, it moves faster and you enjoy it most when you travel with it but if your movt is mostly within town especially in Lagos, you'll definitely spend money fueling. Aside that, it's a cool car.
Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by baaliyah(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ poster,
YEs it consumes more fuel than the I4. If you think fuel is not a big deal to u, you may go for it. Mind you the major thing u consider before buying a car as an average Nigerian is fuel consumption. Goopd luck.
Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by baaliyah(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
I owned a camry 99 v6 sold here march this year. I used to spend N4,600 on fuel weekly 320km. I got a 2001 I4 on which i spend N3900 weekly same distance. Then i bought a 97 civic on which i spend N 3,100 weekly. Guess what the civic has become my daily driver.

1 Like

Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by osajojo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
I got it for 320k am fixing the AC am really scared of the fuel cus an honda concerto am currently using consume 30litres for 300km that's 3000. Hope the difference wudnt be much
Re: Advice On A Used Camry V6 by baaliyah(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
congrats.
I love people who monitor thier fuel. U will soon know the difference. My civic's average consumption is 11.2Km per litre. camry 01 4-cylinder average 9km /litre. The 99 V6 used to average 7.5.
U can imagine the difference btw the civic and the 99 camry v6, almost 4 additional km on every litre of petrol
Do u still have ur concerto u may need it when u have to do a lot of city runs.
Good luck

(1) (Reply)

A Diesel Engine 2002 Volkswagen Passat? Is it adivsable to buy? / I'm Getting Tired Of This Car!!!!!!!!! / The Best Car For A First Time Car User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.