Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. (799 Views)

The Rise Of African Films / Nollywood Is Preserving The African Film - Nigerian Films / Igbo Films (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2012
Hey guys. Can any of you guys recommend me any? Films similar to the Congolese movie Riva Viva. High quality films would be nice.
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 04, 2012
The Figurine
The Amazing Grace
Guilty Pleasures
IJE

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 04, 2012
Shollypopz: The Figurine
The Amazing Grace
Guilty Pleasures
IJE

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Blyss: 4:57am On Jul 04, 2012
KingMichael777: Hey guys. Can any of you guys recommend me any? Films similar to the Congolese movie Riva Viva. High quality films would be nice.

Tarzan.
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 04, 2012
Blyss:

Tarzan.

Lol! I mean films made by Africans or centered around Africans.
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Blyss: 6:28am On Jul 04, 2012
KingMichael777:

Lol! I mean films made by Africans or centered around Africans.

Nah, I've watch many Nollywood and Ghanaian movies and they were all cheesy and or sloppy and hell. I've watched this one Algerian movies in which was really good, cant remember what the name was though and also some pretty good South African films as well, but that was a long time ago and thus a can quite remember what the name of those were either.
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2012
Blyss:

Nah, I've watch many Nollywood and Ghanaian movies and they were all cheesy and or sloppy and hell. I've watched this one Algerian movies in which was really good, cant remember what the name was though and also some pretty good South African films as well, but that was a long time ago and thus a can quite remember what the name of those were either.

Well thanks for trying. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by PhysicsQED(m): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
Try Xala by Ousmane Sembene and also Black Girl. I think they're still available on Netflix.

Maybe you should check out Senegalese cinema in general. I haven't watched anything besides these two films (which are both good), but it's supposed to be better overall than Nigeria/Ghana imitation Hollywood stuff.
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by PhysicsQED(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
I looked around a bit and I found a list somebody put up on imdb of their best African films:

http://www.imdb.com/list/bpkqAoIpqd0/
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by anonymous6(f): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by anonymous6(f): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
KingMichael777: Hey guys. Can any of you guys recommend me any? Films similar to the Congolese movie Riva Viva. High quality films would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmsFX0xUXew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JJIEah0f_E&feature=relmfu
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Me Any High Quality African Films. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I'm a big movie guy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You The Whiteman's Slave? - Aisha Sekhmet Needs Your Attention / Which People Have Longest Name In Spelling And Pronouncing / Stereotype Of American Ethnicities By Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.