Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,734 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever (1185 Views)

Mobitel 4g Router Modem For Sale / Brand New Mobitel 4g Dongle With A Month Subscription For Sale / A Month Old Mobitel 4g Modem For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever by dabraska: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2012
Firstly, when Mobitel resumed their 4G broadband, I thought it was a very good idea. They started off on a good note, introducing unlimited packages for a year before they started introducing data limits.
The nonsense started happening in February. I was on a 15, 000 plan of 2mb/s, from June 2011 till february 2012 till they told me they had introduced the data limit of 20gb to it.
My siblings are heavy users of d internet and they download alot. When my subscription expired before the actual time it was supposed 2 expire in February, I called their customer care center and they told me there and then that there is now a data limit of 20gb on that plan i was on and that I had exhausted my bandwidth. I didnt complain and I managed to pay again since my siblings where out of the house for some months.
I continued paying for the next two months and they kept on cutting me off before the time. I didnt complain because I'm a very busy person and I dont get to use it until I get home from work. When my siblings came, I checked their mobitel website; www.mobitel.com.ng, and I looked for an unlimited plan. I saw an unlimited plan for 30,000 with a reduced burstable speed of 1mb/s and i decided to pay for it.
I paid on the 22nd of June and by the 1st of July, they had cut me off. I called them and they sed i had exhausted my data limit of 30gb. They said that plan had a limit of 30gb when I still checked their website today and saw unlimited plan.
I have a captured the screen. And I just want us not to patronize mobitel 4g again. We cant take this anymore from people that just rip us off. So absurd!

Re: Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever by dabraska: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2012
moderator, pls put this on the frontpage! We need to stop this madness.
Re: Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever by drcyber: 12:05am On Jul 07, 2012
To be fair to mobitel, if you check their fair use policy, you will see that 30,000 has a 30G limit and 60,000 has a 60G limit. I stopped using them a few months back and so many people I know have stopped as well. They have been calling me to subscribe to a dedicated plan and offering me one month free if i subscribe but I refused. My response is simple, increase your fair use limit or lower your cost. Till then bye bye Mobitel.

1 Like

Re: Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever by bigfat01: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
[size=20pt]does anyone know where i can get mobitel 4g unlimited plan for 10k please me ..it is urgent...[/size]
Re: Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever by dabraska: 9:16am On Jul 10, 2012
drcyber: To be fair to mobitel, if you check their fair use policy, you will see that 30,000 has a 30G limit and 60,000 has a 60G limit. I stopped using them a few months back and so many people I know have stopped as well. They have been calling me to subscribe to a dedicated plan and offering me one month free if i subscribe but I refused. My response is simple, increase your fair use limit or lower your cost. Till then bye bye Mobitel.

but why did they have to put unlimited in their website.Its very misleading. Others are complaining.
Re: Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever by drcyber: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
The information is on their website. If you click fair usage you will see it. I won't recommend Mobitel to anyone as they stand now. Sorry you had to part with so much. They probably should have displayed the information where they put the plans.
Re: Mobitel 4G: The Biggest Scam Ever by RapidBTS: 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2012

(1) (Reply)

‎" / Pvc Cards Printing On Fargo High Definition Printer And Eltron/zebra P430i / All Wit Waranty..very New Uk-used Laptops For Sale. Open & See Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.