Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 (18507 Views)

Easy | How To Hack Symbian Phone S60v3 S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now / All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
This is a thread for symbian^3 apps (Anna, belle and belle fp1) apps you use quite often and consider useful- Not necessarily your favourites.

PLEASE THIS IS FOR SYMBIAN^3 USERS ONLY. NOT A PLACE TO START ANOTHER ARGUMENT. THERE ARE ALREADY COUNTLESS THREADS FOR THAT.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
Before I start, I would first list some apps. Perhaps not the everyday app but they are usually the first I install after any format. They really improve the ease of use.

1. Quick launch and quick apps panel- provide a drop down of 5 preset apps on each side of the screen by simply passing my hand over the proximity sensor.

2. Go to menu- shows the task switcher when I swipe from left to centre of the screen and shows the home screen when its from left to right

3. Dzlock- locking and unlocking the phone from any app by simply sliding at the base of the screen or double tapping the proximity sensor

4. Belle extra buttons- adds 2 extra buttons between the 3 traditional ones at the base of the screen. They can be set to a range of apps e.g restart, close open apps, e.t.c including a pop up window.

5. Scroll patch- provides continuous scrolling at the starting speed. Elegant esp when viewing the gallery or in the menu

With the 5 above, you can get to almost any part of your phone or open any app with at most 2 swipes
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
Although I love using useful apps, I would try to limit myself to those I use frequently. May add more later which I don't use that much but consider important.

1. Nokia maps- undoubtedly the best map for mobiles. Love the voice guidance and the way it shows ur pics on the location where they were taken.

2. Nokia internet radio- when I get bored of my songs. Also has quite a number of local stations

3. Play via radio- broadcast songs from my mobile to a radio

4. Nokia mail client- up to 6 mail addresses. Can set the retrieval frequency. Also love the large scrollable widget

5. Microsoft apps- everything office from OneNote, Lync 2010, Document Connection and PowerPoint Broadcast, Word Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile and Excel Mobile.

6. Stock browser, opera mobile and mini

7. Nokia social (also love the large scrollable widget and contact integration), gravity, 2go, whatsapp, nimbuzz

8. Shazam- tags and searches songs.

9. You tube HD- watch and download Youtube vids in different formats incl MP3

10. Nokia drop- push stuff from PC to phone

11. SPB TV- watch live TV stations. Esp when I have free data or wifi

12. Music kloud- search and download songs

13. Nokia sleeping screen- displays images on the sleeping screen which can be customized. Don't know how Nokia made it to consume very little power.

14. Mee Bible- provides various versions for free. Also written in Qt format

15. eBookReader- my best eBook reader. Also in Qt

16. CNN app and rss feeds with scrollable widgets

17. Baby Monitor- quite useful when I travel and may have to stay with a baby. Calls a preset number when a preset sound level is reached.

18. Nokia car mode- makes using your phone while driving very easy.

19. Thumbnail folders- iOS like folder appearance

20. NetQin antivirus

21. Call guard- prevents me from accidentally ending a call

22. Barbell gym tracker- very useful app for workouts

*Advanced device locks- locks apps
*Merrim Webster dictionary - love the voice dict
*power saving vibration- allows vibration in power saving mode
*swipe keyboard- accepts swipe gestures and is pretty fast.
*quick cam- launches cam from lock screen
*Thumbnail folders- gives me an iOS like folder apparance
*Extended menu grid- a tweak which changes the menu arrangement to 4*5 apps
*TTPOD- music player with lyrics
*joikuspot- wifi tether to several devices
*foot zoomer- change fonts
* music key- control the music player with locked screen
*Audiowave- change songs with just a wave over the proximity sensor
*call recorder and mp3 cut.
*tie a tie
*ximad quote apps
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:35am On Jul 05, 2012
Where do i start from o? Hmmm...ok:

First Aid- First aid with voice.

PhotoFunia- A very nice app for adding effects to photos.

Meebible- The best mobile bible i can think of. U can download different versions of the bible in the app and read offline.

Hear and write- what u say is wat it writes.

Elements- periodic table and properties.

Resistors- a handy tool for engineers used for calculating resistances of resistors by combining colours.

Metal Detector- detects metals. It really works!

Soccer livescores- instant score sheet.

NG_Phototips- National Geographic channel gives us tips on how to take clear professional photos with nice hd pictures for illustrations.

Pushups- rily fun app. Just put it under ur chest while doing pushups and it will record the number of pushups u have done. It uses d proximity sensor.

Today- one of my best apps. It tells u events that occurred in the past on the present day u are, birthdays and deaths of famous people on the present day u are, etc.

Herbal Bible

Widgeleon- write ur name on the home screen with efizzy.

Anglemeter

Compass

Decibel- for measuring sound intensity.

Velocimeter- since nokia maps are offline and free, i use this to measure the speed of any vehicle i'm in.

Shazam- use this to detect the title, artist and info of those unknown songs i hear on radio, parties, bar, etc.

Ionic- ebook reader. Reads ebooks in epub format.

Youtube downloader- plays and downloads youtube videos in HD.

Lyrics- displays lyrics of songs.

CalQtlator- my best calculator app. Built with Qt, it can act as a (temp, length, area, etc) converter, scientific calculator and number base converter. All u need is just a swipe to change the modes.

Screen snap- takes shots of your screen without watermarks.

Vlingo- not as good as siri but eh, we've still got a voice assistant.

Camera lover- add effects to photos u want to take (e.g. facewarp, photorama, phototwister,etc).

Msdicts- dictionaries.

Cutebox- cloud storage.

Vimeo- another video database like youtube.

Mobile microphone- very nice app. Connect ur phone to a speaker and use ur phone as microphone.

Backwords- record sounds and play it backwords. Quite fun!

Translate- translates language to and from any language. Also has voice pronunciation.

Debug browser- translates any web page to its source code. I use it for designing demo pages too.

LullabyMe- there are sometimes we sleep off while listening to music only to wake up with a dead battery. With this app, u can time ur music player.

Tweetian- the best twitter app yet.

Talking cat

Nimbuzz

Whatsapp

Supa strikas- Yes, the comic itself.

Opera(mobile and mini)

Nokia maps

Netqin mobile pro- this is my best mobile app. Serves as a tasker, network firewall, anti-theft app, antivirus, etc.

These are my best apps, i've still got some more but i'm tired of writing. They're just too much.
Belle Rocks!
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by dragnet: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2012
mMm... Links to the apps??
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2012
dragnet: mMm... Links to the apps??

Ovi store man, aint no better place! smiley
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
dragnet: mMm... Links to the apps??

Like he said check Ovi store. Or Google it using the app name + n8fanclub Or Nokiavnn.com e.g 'netqin antivirus + n8fanclub'
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 06, 2012
Amazing thread, will be joining you guys real soon. Thumbs up.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 06, 2012
Please can I view sites with live streaming data like www.betonmarket.com, livescore.com, etc. I mean with the data streaming like on pc.

Also will the 16gb +8gb memory card be enough for all these softwares, the hd games-about 30 @ N8 fan club and every other thing I need to install?

My pictures and videos will be in my  as I download except for the few I snap with the N8.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 8:05am On Jul 06, 2012
blink182: Please can I view sites with live streaming data like www.betonmarket.com, livescore.com, etc. I mean with the data streaming like on pc.

Also will the 16gb +8gb memory card be enough for all these softwares, the hd games-about 30 @ N8 fan club and every other thing I need to install?

My pictures and videos will be in my  as I download except for the few I snap with the N8.

I think so. I checked the betonmarket site and wz able to stream a video there within the browser. But I'm not using 3G so it wasn't that smooth with gprs. If it wz some other sites like youtube or cnn it wld have streamed it through the video player.

It should be enough. I've got 8 + 32gb and usually install apps and games on the internal memory (i.e Esmiley while F: is for my media, films, pics e.t.c. Also, I've got more apps than what I posted here. Although E: is already filled up and about 2 games are now on my memory card which. If you're using n8 then you may not install tintin which will give you 1gb free space.
I think there are more than 30HD games working on belle. Check nokiavnn.com, they've got a list of all HD games working on belle.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2012
blink182: Please can I view sites with live streaming data like www.betonmarket.com, livescore.com, etc. I mean with the data streaming like on pc.

I think so. I checked the betonmarket site and wz able to stream a video there within the browser. But I'm not using 3G so it wasn't that smooth with gprs. If it wz some other sites like youtube or cnn it wld have streamed it through the video player.

It should be enough. I've got 8 + 32gb and usually install apps and games on the internal memory (i.e Esmiley while F: is for my media, films, pics e.t.c. Also, I've got more apps than what I posted here. Although E: is already filled up and about 2 games are now on my memory card which. If you're using n8 then you may not install tintin which will give you 1gb free space.
I think there are more than 30HD games working on belle. Check nokiavnn.com, they've got a list of all HD games working on belle.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
Where do i start from o? Hmmm...ok:

Hear and write- what u say is wat it writes.

Pushups- rily fun app. Just put it under ur chest while doing pushups and it will record the number of pushups u have done. It uses d proximity sensor.

Today- one of my best apps. It tells u events that occurred in the past on the present day u are, birthdays and deaths of famous people on the present day u are, etc.

Widgeleon- write ur name on the home screen with efizzy.

CalQtlator- my best calculator app. Built with Qt, it can act as a (temp, length, area, etc) converter, scientific calculator and number base converter. All u need is just a swipe to change the modes.

Mobile microphone- very nice app. Connect ur phone to a speaker and use ur phone as microphone.

Backwords- record sounds and play it backwords. Quite fun!

Tweetian- the best twitter app yet.

Talking cat

These ones took me by surprise. I Didn't think there were that much apps that would be this new to me. Although I've come across some of them before e.g tweetian and talking cat but didn't install cos I thought they were just copies.
I wasn't able to find some like today and mobile microphone.

Would love to see your favourite themes
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 06, 2012
jedisco:

The game wont even work n8, the other hd games on n8 fan club are more than enough. The 30 games are their most wanted on n8 fanclub, I can't go through their main list of over 400 games. I believe the most wanted list is enough for me. Thanks.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
wow never knew you guys have these nice and fun apps. thumbs up to you guys cos I dey jealous in a way
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
jedisco:

These ones took me by surprise. I Didn't think there were that much apps that would be this new to me. Although I've come across some of them before e.g tweetian and talking cat but didn't install cos I thought they were just copies.
I wasn't able to find some like today and mobile microphone.

Would love to see your favourite themes

I'm not really into themes but i love theme effects. Do u use theme effects?
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
joeydozzy: wow never knew you guys have these nice and fun apps. thumbs up to you guys cos I dey jealous in a way

Thanks friend, for being jealous. grin
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 5:44am On Jul 07, 2012
blink182: The game wont even work n8, the other hd games on n8 fan club are more than enough. The 30 games are their most wanted on n8 fanclub, I can't go through their main list of over 400 games. I believe the most wanted list is enough for me. Thanks.

Yea. I wz just trying to point out that there are over 30HD games. Some of my best games are not all that HD e.g iBomber Or cards but I just love the gameplay
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 5:47am On Jul 07, 2012
joeydozzy: wow never knew you guys have these nice and fun apps. thumbs up to you guys cos I dey jealous in a way

Good. Atleast you see we ain't stuck in an archaic app-less world
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 5:52am On Jul 07, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

I'm not really into themes but i love theme effects. Do u use theme effects?

I'm also not really into themes but I just like having the very best. Currently using Evolve+ which is like the custom Nokia evolve but with more app support. I love it cos of the low ba3 consumption.

Yes I have the effect tweak installed but used it 4 sometime. But I haven't yet seen one dat is just perfect 4 me.
Which one do u use
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2012
jedisco:

I'm also not really into themes but I just like having the very best. Currently using Evolve+ which is like the custom Nokia evolve but with more app support. I love it cos of the low ba3 consumption.

Yes I have the effect tweak installed but used it 4 sometime. But I haven't yet seen one dat is just perfect 4 me.
Which one do u use

Chaos V3 Apocalypse. It's lovely!
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
jedisco:

Yea. I wz just trying to point out that there are over 30HD games. Some of my best games are not all that HD e.g iBomber Or cards but I just love the gameplay
Please list all your games here because I can't start searching for good non hd games one after the other from that list.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Chaos V3 Apocalypse. It's lovely!
Are you referring to CFW?
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by temmym4(m): 4:09am On Jul 09, 2012
Nice thread i must commend. Most of the essential and my most used apps has been listed above.quite awesome. Let me just add this few ones.

Handy expense: Helps to organise accounting for various types of expenses.

Tap2screen: A very useful and stable screen shots maker for belle.

DragonSight converter : Contains All the useful converting types and unit that ever existed. Ranging from lengths, acreages, volumes, weights, temperatures, pressure.. Everythin! Its got it!!

KillMe: for me, it is the best app process termination as far as belle is concerned, u hav 2 advantages using this over Netqin optimisation options and others. u hav all the list of running apps datas and processes from all memory (includin ROM ''Z" folder) and u can add the processes and apps u wish to exclude in multiple termination to ''Protected menu''

Grand piano: for those who love playing a Keyboard/Piano. Turn your phone into a real piano. The app is desined with Real keyboard tunes & keys. Works on all S^3 devices, however, U get better piano output sound quality from the loudspeakers of X7, N8 & 808
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by temmym4(m): 4:12am On Jul 09, 2012
GAMES;
Am really not much crazy about gaming but i hav few ones on the device that i considered as a favourite and very useful.

Games With HD Graphics
*Assasins Creed
*Asphalt 6
*Spiderman
*Real football 2010
*Dungeon Hunter
*PES 2011
*Hero of sparta
*Fruit Ninja
*Transformers

3D Games
*Moto X Mahem
*Who wants to be a millionare
*Slide
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2012
temmy.m3:
GAMES;
Am really not much crazy about gaming but i hav few ones on the device that i considered as a favourite and very useful.

Games With HD Graphics
*Assasins Creed
*Asphalt 6
*Spiderman
*Real football 2010
*Dungeon Hunter
*PES 2011
*Hero of sparta
*Fruit Ninja
*Transformers

3D Games
*Moto X Mahem
*Who wants to be a millionare
*Slide
Is there a place to get tintin HD
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Fesisko(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2012
nice thread.pls can somebody teach me how to update my nokia x6?it keep sayin:fail to update,pls contact ur service operator.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2012
Fesisko: nice thread.pls can somebody teach me how to update my nokia x6?it keep sayin:fail to update,pls contact ur service operator.
If I am not mistaken, that phone can't be updated like the N97
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2012
blink182: Please list all your games here because I can't start searching for good non hd games one after the other from that list.

I'm not really into gaming but I've got alot of HD games installed which I play when I'm free. But I've not played all yet.

I usually download based on their size (above 25mb) except for a few exceptions like angry birds, sudoku, chess and such popular games.

This is the link to the list I wz talking of

http://www.nokiavnn.com/2012/02/hd-games-collection-working-good-on.html?m=0
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
blink182: Is there a place to get tintin HD

http://www.nokiavnn.com/2012/01/adventures-of-tintin-hd-1001-symbian3_09.html?m=1

But I usually prefer downloading from another site. Cos dey have upto 24hrs resumable downloads which is much faster with no speed limit (esp if you've got 3G) even on mobiles.
Its a russian site, so you've got to just guess the clicks and master them over time

Their symbian^3 game directory: http://rugame.mobi/game/43211/

Adventures of tintin: http://rugame.mobi/game/57434/ The .ZIP link is for the game while the (NAROD) link is the cache. After clicking the (NAROD) link, click the white link at the bottom, input the numbers and download (if you're using a PC uncheck the box so u don't have to download their toolbar)

Hope u know it works only on 700, 701 and 603.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
jedisco:

I'm not really into gaming but I've got alot of HD games installed which I play when I'm free. But I've not played all yet.

I usually download based on their size (above 25mb) except for a few exceptions like angry birds, sudoku, chess and such popular games.

This is the link to the list I wz talking of

http://www.nokiavnn.com/2012/02/hd-games-collection-working-good-on.html?m=0
Thank you very much.
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by jedisco(m): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
blink182: Thank you very much.

You're welcome.

But who hid my post? I think d hidden post may be helpful to you. Will retype it later. Typing with a phone ain't easy
Re: Your Favourite Symbian^3 Apps: Anna, Belle And Belle FP1 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2012
jedisco:

http://www.nokiavnn.com/2012/01/adventures-of-tintin-hd-1001-symbian3_09.html?m=1

But I usually prefer downloading from another site. Cos dey have upto 24hrs resumable downloads which is much faster with no speed limit (esp if you've got 3G) even on mobiles.
Its a russian site, so you've got to just guess the clicks and master them over time

Their symbian^3 game directory: http://rugame.mobi/game/43211/

Adventures of tintin: http://rugame.mobi/game/57434/ The .ZIP link is for the game while the (NAROD) link is the cache. After clicking the (NAROD) link, click the white link at the bottom, input the numbers and download (if you're using a PC uncheck the box so u don't have to download their toolbar)

Hope u know it works only on 700, 701 and 603.
I forgot to add for N8, I know where to get it too without N8 compatibility.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Formatting A SIM Card / Tecno Phantom Z - Full Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Which 40k Android Phone Can I Buy In Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.