Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

I Lied! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Lied! (734 Views)

Girl Exposed After She Posed With Minister's House & Lied It's Her Father's Own / So Barcanista Lied About His Reasons For Defection... / For Three Years, I Lied To My Mother I Was In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Lied! by impish: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2012
"Day 1 complete....these are my confessions.
I lied.
I lied I was from Uni-Ben as it seems I am the only Foreign student here.
I lied that I travelled by bus from Lagos to here via 'Ifeasinachi Transport Limited.'
I lied that my mosquito net was not treated.
I lied that I have a 'swee-art' waiting for me at home so I had to make a quick call.
I lied that things were too expensive when in fact I have no clue what the real prices are outside to even make a comparison.
I lied, I lied and I lied."

From http://thecorper..com/2012/07/day-1-completethese-are-my-confessions.html

A friend of mine posted this on her blog. I found it quite interesting. I could relate to what she was saying. Sometimes, to fit in, Ive had to pretend that I am poor, or that I am not as comfortable as I am, or that I didnt go to good schools. Heck! I had to learn yoruba to complete this facade! Its weird that while some people are busy blowing "fone" and trying to sound "cream", others have to do the opposite to fit in.

To cut the long story short, I would like to hear from people who have ever had to lie, when, how and why. Im hoping this would be an interesting thread. Cheers all

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders.. Is Lib Better Than Nairaland? Pls Candid Opinion Needed! / Cyberfraud And Nigeria Foreign Policy/ Image / What Do You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.