Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (24029 Views)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / If You Are Unemployed Or Not Happy With Your Present Work, Pls Read This / Describe Your Present Job With One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mkoabiola: 11:08am On Jul 16, 2012
I feel emotionally down each time I see a graduate looking for job?honestly,our so called greedy,selfish &corrupt leaders or govt cannot help bt aggreviate d situtation.I had an xperince where I graduted with two sons of an honourable who ar able2get a federal job immeditely afta service even with a 3rd class.I encourage all Graduates to get a little bizness in order to b idle and look up to God.Don't wait 4 d govt.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hi Guys, Just wanna give a lil hint with regards to the employment info I published lately for the post of Field Engineering / RIGGERS in ma place of work. Some lucky fellows have been called upon for an interview, though they might not know me in person, neither do I foreknew anyone of them , buh I saw some of them while waiting to be interviewed in the waiting room.

I just hope some of ma Fellow NLanders would be there too....

Wishing you all a huge Success!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
kunletiwoo: Hi Guys, Just wanna give a lil hint with regards to the employment info I published lately for the post of Field Engineering / RIGGERS in ma place of work. Some lucky fellows have been called upon for an interview, though they might not know me in person, neither do I foreknew anyone of them , buh I saw some of them while waiting to be interviewed in the waiting room.

I just hope some of ma Fellow NLanders would be there too....

Wishing you all a huge Success!

You be the man.
Keep it up bro.
Others will rather die than to share an information to help others.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by JagaJaga1: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
kunletiwoo: Just last month we recruited some people in this field sad

please help me with a customer care job; I finished service since 2010 and since then I havent worked at all. I passed the NBC dragnet test this year only to miss the job because I can't speak Hausa as I'd have been posted to the North. What has been kept me going is this maxim: when there is life, there is hope. My email add: iukaomah@yahoo.com. I'm grateful to you for just showing an intention to help.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
Are our Ministers of Labours anti job seekers?

I can't imagine sillions of naira being budgeted to that ministry every single year and yet, the umemployment force is growing larger by each passing day.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
acidtalk:

You be the man.
Keep it up bro.
Others will rather die than to share an information to help others.
It's a small world bro! I really appreciate you too.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
acidtalk: Are our Ministers of Labours anti job seekers?

I can't imagine sillions of naira being budgeted to that ministry every single year and yet, the umemployment force is growing larger by each passing day.
God dey!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
Jaga Jaga:
please help me with a customer care job; I finished service since 2010 and since then I havent worked at all. I passed the NBC dragnet test this year only to miss the job because I can't speak Hausa as I'd have been posted to the North. What has been kept me going is this maxim: when there is life, there is hope. My email add: iukaomah@yahoo.com. I'm grateful to you for just showing an intention to help.
No issues bro, once there is an opening in this department, I'll keep you guys posted...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by taioluv: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2012
@kunletiwo God will turn ur name to miracles IJN,Ýöû r doin a good job.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 19, 2012
taio luv: @kunletiwo God will turn ur name to miracles IJN,Ýöû r doin a good job.
Amen! and you too.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 12:08am On Jul 20, 2012
kunletiwoo: Amen! and you too.

correct guy.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Sanguine77(m): 4:18am On Jul 21, 2012
Interested in P. A. Jobs, administrative, educational and management jobs. With interests in the construction, agricultural and tourism sub sectors.
A good degree in social science and education. Sound intellect and strategic thinker.
My add is masterdethirdeye@yahoo.com.
Or 08154054275
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2012
Just want to re-encourage people and give ideas on how to get a dream job (reason for dragging up this topic).
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by enemmo(f): 6:41am On Sep 03, 2012
I got my first job a month after NYSC.It was in a Mobile Telecoms Company.My cousin was supposed to do his six Months IT there but had started somewhere else and had to get a replcement.I was in Jos,had to come back to Lagos.When I got there they said they needed an IT student for 3 Months,and would I be ready to do tht Job with the pay?A little above 20k,yes 20K.I accepted cos of my age,den 27,cos age was not on my side as a fresh grad.Well after d contract got retained n pay was increased to abt twice d amount.Den I heard abt a typing test somwhere on d Island.just flew a bike ther n to d glory of God got a better offer about 4 interview sessions later.The funny thing was dat in one of the Interview sessions d knowledge of my then coy ws an adv.Thank God.Its beeb two years now and am still very grateful for where I am and I know I will get there soon by his grace.It will happen soon just pray for favour and never despise little beginnings.Takia and all d best

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2012
I studied physics with electronics(2.2) & got a banking job as a sales agent bt the pay was peanut and i left...i later got a 6mnths contract job as an electrical engineer.Currently am unemployed & i want to use this medium to appeal to someone out there who could help/assist me in anyway...u can assist me via email is kusville.g@gmail.com & my fone nos 080959 7890,08164835813...thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Abujafood: 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
For me, I got mine by knowing exactly what i wanted in a job which was fulfillment.

I had previously done some part-time job with a leads generation company in Lagos just before going on NYSC. After NYSC, I made a big decision to relocate to Abuja. At Abuja after 6 months I had completely spent all the money I had on me. I was beginning to think I made a mistake when I received a call from my present employer inviting me for a job interview. It looked like a joke to me because I couldn't even remember when I applied for the job (I saw the advert on nairalist).

2 months later, I was called to come and resume and the job has been very rewarding so far. For job seekers still wondering, maybe this article could come in Handy How to search for a Job in Nigeria
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by samik900(m): 2:25am On Sep 04, 2012
Pls,somebody shd help me.hav bsc in industrial chemistry wit some profes qual,am getn tired.need a saviour.my email is samelu70@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2012
Please i read industrial Mathematics, cane out with a second classs upper and need a job. I finished youth service last year june and haven't worked since then. I'm dropping my email address and number. I dont have any money to pay any scammer. Anyone with genuine info should reach me. God Bless. ibukunmedahunsi@yahoo.com 08153732234.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2012
kunletiwoo: Noted. I'll update u.
Also interested, ibukunmedahunsi@yahoo.com. Thanks, God Bless.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Iykeman4u: 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
After my NYSC, I was retained on contract at my PPA partly because of my commitment and mainly due to divine favour. However, I got an invite from a company who claimed to have got our contacts from NYSC, Lagos.
I attended the assessment and was invited for interview. I was later hired! I will not fail to mention that months earlier, I prayed to God not to allow me to ever be idle in my life. My dear friends, I have been very lucky, God has been so faithful because since then I have been very active (FMCG). I wish you guys luck in all your endaevours. God will do it in His time for you! Just BELIEVE! Cheers!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by uwish: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
Hellooo,

You need a job or change to a better job, then rush and visit: [email]www.jobhotlineonline.com [/email]
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by oseme4u2: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2012
kunletiwoo: Yeah! you may be right....And as for me, the reason why I asked him his course of study is simple.I work with a Telecoms company and we need more Field Engineers/Riggers.

Peace!
i am a graduate of mechanical engineer with two yrs working experience in maintenance field work.my e mail is silasoseme@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
p
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MCLION1(f): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
U guys r doin gud work here.Kip it up,God bles u all. Am als lukin 4 job, oil n gas firms,multinatnal companies,bank,customer care in communicatn company, etc. I hav B.Sc in Geology(2:1), vry hardworking, honest, intelligent, fast learner n a very nice person. Pls anyone dat wants 2 help can reach me tru my e-mail: chyangel04@yahoo.com. My number: 08066790316.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
For those seeking for a job, can you let us know your strengths and the minimum starting salary you will accept.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
I promise to keep you guys informed whenever there is an opening(internal vacancy) in mine or any of my close friends Org. Cheers.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
And as for the CVs I've received, I'm still working closely on them. (God help us all)
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
Thanks kunle, you are just too much.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MCLION1(f): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
wowo2: At my place of work, they call it it attracting the best people...If I know you are good and won't mess up on the job I reco you if there is a job opening that you are interested in and I get paid 250,000 naira if you successfully scale probation after 3 months.
You still do tests and interviews though and only get the job if you pass the stages.

That is how I got my job too...it is a cycle...not a vicious one.

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MCLION1(f): 12:16am On Nov 06, 2012
wowo2: At my place of work, they call it it attracting the best people...If I know you are good and won't mess up on the job I reco you if there is a job opening that you are interested in and I get paid 250,000 naira if you successfully scale probation after 3 months.
You still do tests and interviews though and only get the job if you pass the stages.

That is how I got my job too...it is a cycle...not a vicious one.

pls Am interested. B.Sc Geology(2.1) my mail is; chyangel04 @ yahoo.Com. Tanx n God bles u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thank You Nairaland! I Got A Job / I Farted During A Job Interview / Police Recruitment: Kaduna Tops List, Bayelsa State Lowest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.