Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. (5170 Views)

Celebrate Your Favourite Teacher By Nominating Them For A Cash Award Of N100,000 / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by siddiq202(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
ayobase: I will never forget, even in my grave, Mr. Babarinde.
A man, teacher, uncle, and a father.
He taught me in St. Patrick Nursery and Primary School, Ejigbo, Lagos State.
I spent a yr with him to prepare for common entrance. My Dad wouldnt allow me to further with the ''Ori yo mi'' mark I had from Gideon Intl School, along Okota road, Isolo.
I left the school as the best student after the drilling.
The secret? We did write test on every thursdays (i.e. be ready for what you were taught from Monday to Wednesday as tests on thursday) and be ready for caning on Friday (students' pamper days).
The flogging was based on every subject, one might end up receiving 30 strokes and more or below.....below 70% na cane o.....60% na 4 strokes, 50% na 5 strokes...like that like that for each subject. Imagine having 50% in 12 subjects....do the maths.....NA NO MERCY THING O!
It of course helped!
And I will advise schools to inculcate that method....it did and still does the magic!
Don't be surprise to see a teacher beaten up by thugs after he/she cane one Oba granddaughter

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Sobrit(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
engrchux: I have a lot of favorite teachers but one comes 2 mind now for d laughter he always induced. He's name was Mr Anyameluhor (RIP), a t̸e̸a̸c̸h̸e̸r̸ flogger (cos dats all he ever did) in SPC, Asaba around late 1990's. He waz a disciplinarian & he alwayz told us cock & bull stories of how he was a good student, soldeir, astronaut etc. Lemme narrate some of d scenario...
(1) He goes like "During our time, if I score 99%, I ask for d remaining 1%. My teacher then, he's tall, black, fair, short, fat, slim... U may know him, Omengo by name..."
(2) "Yesterday some group of bad boyz in dis school way-layed me in town, they surrounded me, I calculated them, one rushed me wit a stick but I dodged, & grabbed him by d neck, & d villagers around started shouting "Diokpa! Diokpa!! E ge gbu madu eee, pls 4give dem..."
(3) "Truancy is not jst starting 2day, during our time wen I waz in d army, we wud be training while some of my colleagues will be gisting under the mango tree. My commandant will jst send me to go & plant bomb under d mango, which I'll do & d bomb wud kill dem all"
(4) "During our time, we went 2 d moon, we passed thru Enugu..."
Dunno if he tot we swallowed all his numerous lies hook, line & sinker tho' but he waz one hell of a joker. Lol
guy u knw mr anyameluho?... What a small and cylical world. RIP mr anyameluho.. A man reputed for flogging a whole spc.. U'll knw mr okiwelu and mr bournvita d principal too. Great school in dat city i tell you.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Akposkool(m): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
Baba abraham obaze of mascomm auchi poly.he assumes u understand evrytin he teaches even though u lack a clue.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by xprimate(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
wow its been long O. Mine was uncle Ayara(Air Force primary school Enugu).
A simple and a no nonsense taking man,he rarely get angry but if he does: men you are fried.i remember almost
shading tears for a friend he was trashing. He treated us like we were already in SS Class. He taught us Advance subjects
and encouraged us to always prepare ahead. men i admired and looked up to him.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by salafiyy: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
MY BEST TEACHER IS MUHAMMAD THE SON OF ABDULLAH THE PROPHET OF ALLAH (GOD), i think he should be everyones teacher too
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by toygod2: 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
salafiyy: Quote Post

MY BEST TEACHER IS MUHAMMAD THE SON OF ABDULLAH THE PROPHET OF ALLAH (GOD), i think he should be everyones teacher too
.......The living one or the dead one?

When pple are discussing serious mata here, u just came to show urself as a religious bigotry. .SMH....learn to talk man. Not all is a moslem
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by bestower: 1:26am On Oct 26, 2012
Mr idowu.....fagba gram sch iju ifako,thank u very much wherever u re, still living in my memory.i appreciate.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by ayobase(m): 6:51am On Oct 26, 2012
salafiyy: MY BEST TEACHER IS MUHAMMAD THE SON OF ABDULLAH THE PROPHET OF ALLAH (GOD), i think he should be everyones teacher too

We are not talking about spritual fathers, but school teachers.
Read the topic again biko.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by engrchux: 8:28am On Oct 26, 2012
So-brit:
guy u knw mr anyameluho?... What a small and cylical world. RIP mr anyameluho.. A man reputed for flogging a whole spc.. U'll knw mr okiwelu and mr bournvita d principal too. Great school in dat city i tell you.

Of course I knew Bournvee , he's late now. Okiwelu taught me Chemistry in SS3. Really a small world... shocked
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by saintuti: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2012
dubem3: i remember Mr. Dolor.
when i first saw the one customer advert of sterling bank,he came to mind.
he taught and gave every student attention like it was a one student class. he knows wen ur at loss, he can almost read the question from ur mind and answers it without hesitation.
finally he picked me up and dusted me of [b]maths[/b]ophobia. he taught me in a way nobody else ever did and i can never forget him. he is still there somewhere in delta state teaching at another level...

Is dat mr. Dolor in Army Day Second. Sch, Effurun, Delta State in d 90's?
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 26, 2012
Ndipe: Mine was Mrs Ekpoh (RIP) of the University of Calabar Staff School. I was in grade 2 when she was my teacher and I grew to like her classes and the subjects like Mathematics and English. I still remember reading her glowing comment on my report sheet in my grade 2, that I was "good at reading, even difficult words." I think I might have been her favorite pupil at staff school, or maybe one of her favorites and she and my mom sort of became acquainted. She is late now, she died few years ago, I was very sad. Her brother is married to one of my cousins. What a small world, may her soul rest in peace, Amen.

Dr. Wise, when did you finish at Army Secondary school?

P/S: I hope this doesnt include grad school advisors.

I finished from Army Children School, 2 . Akim barracks in 1990. You attended staff school, were you staying at the Unical staff quarters?
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Ndipe(m): 12:10am On Oct 29, 2012
Dr. Wise:

I finished from Army Children School, 2 . Akim barracks in 1990. You attended staff school, were you staying at the Unical staff quarters?

No, I lived at Asang Eniong, very close to Goldie. I know of some mates of mine who lived at staff quarters though. It was one of the nicest period in my life, growing up in calabar.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 29, 2012
Ndipe:

No, I lived at Asang Eniong, very close to Goldie. I know of some mates of mine who lived at staff quarters though. It was one of the nicest period in my life, growing up in calabar.

Ok. I had wanted to ask you if you knew the Nentys in Staff school. They were staying at the quarters and now based in the USA. I lost contact with them when they left Hope Waddell for the US.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Ndipe(m): 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Ok. I had wanted to ask you if you knew the Nentys and Eduoks in Staff school. They were staying at the quarters and now based in the USA. I lost contact with them when they left Hope Waddell for the US.

Have you tried searching for them on facebook?
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 31, 2012
besides having an amazing cute butt...Mould is the best facilitator i have been lectured by

(1) (2) (Reply)

OAU Master Programme / Private Uni Is Just Druggies & Expensive Runs Girls / Please How Do I Do Change Of Institution On Jamb's Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.