Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. (5178 Views)

Celebrate Your Favourite Teacher By Nominating Them For A Cash Award Of N100,000 / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / Students: Tell Us What Your Lecturers Do That Irritates You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2012
My favourite teacher was Miss. Stella Esuabangha in Pry 6. She helped shaped me to what I am now in Army Children School 2. Calabar. I will forever be grateful to her. Tell us about yours.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Ndipe(m): 1:18am On Oct 25, 2012
Mine was Mrs Ekpoh (RIP) of the University of Calabar Staff School. I was in grade 2 when she was my teacher and I grew to like her classes and the subjects like Mathematics and English. I still remember reading her glowing comment on my report sheet in my grade 2, that I was "good at reading, even difficult words." I think I might have been her favorite pupil at staff school, or maybe one of her favorites and she and my mom sort of became acquainted. She is late now, she died few years ago, I was very sad. Her brother is married to one of my cousins. What a small world, may her soul rest in peace, Amen.

Dr. Wise, when did you finish at Army Secondary school?

P/S: I hope this doesnt include grad school advisors.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by idowuswap: 10:30am On Oct 25, 2012
Na igbo very dumb head.mr nwanchukwu.we stone am one night cus he want show hin self 4 yoruba land
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2012
I can remember that teacher yrs back who taught us literature.
She made me to know how to pronounce well as well as reading with understanding.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 25, 2012
idowuswap: Na igbo very dumb head.mr nwanchukwu.we stone am one night cus he want show hin self 4 yoruba land

WHAT THE??
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by slimyem: 10:34am On Oct 25, 2012
My mum...
She taught me much of what i know now...plus how to pronounce the "th" sounds correctly from an early age.
And..
Mr Sam Ogunmola...
He was my primary school teacher....a friend,an uncle and a mentor to myself and about 10 of my then classmates till date!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2012
No favorites. They all used bulala on my yansh.i guess its becos i was fond of causing cacophony during teaching periods...
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by 2goodbobo(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2012
Mrs Nnorom. Festival Road Primary school Garki, Abuja. Ma, I will never forget you. You lay the foundation of what I have become today.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by mulumele(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2012
Mine was a Ghanaian.I simply loved him,his afro hair and extraordinarily dark skin influenced my interest in Geography where I excelled.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Aizebioje(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2012
They were all amazing so it's really hard to have a favourite! Maths,english,economics,agric,phy,chem,bio, uh geography. That man was horrible, but even every devil has some good side... So I guess he was good too...my English teachers, mrs Osunde,Miss Emike and Mr Iruobe were the most amazing, uncle macdonald was Hilarious,mr Okoyen was a GENIUS to mention a few
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by dubem3(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2012
i remember Mr. Dolor.
when i first saw the one customer advert of sterling bank,he came to mind.
he taught and gave every student attention like it was a one student class. he knows wen ur at loss, he can almost read the question from ur mind and answers it without hesitation.
finally he picked me up and dusted me of [b]maths[/b]ophobia. he taught me in a way nobody else ever did and i can never forget him. he is still there somewhere in delta state teaching at another level...
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2012
Dr Quian!

I hated him and I think he hated me too but I took my operating sys. course seriously because of him.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2012
Mr Robinson...english teacher in high school...one angry 70-something year old English man who loved showing off his skinny, wrinkled knees and he also wore farm boots and pink socks...lmao. the fact that he didnt have eyebrows anymore was a bit disturbing
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by SlyIg(f): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2012
Monsieur Umoh,a French teacher of Notre Dame in Akwa Ibom. Wont forget this man in a hurry. He took the whole school in French single handed and was always over serious in his class. You dare not sleep in his class cos he will paint your head with the duster! Wow!... Monsieur Umoh,i miss him.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by DICKtator: 11:43am On Oct 25, 2012
Mine was Miss *names withheld* She taught me the usefulness of the reproductive organs. I even did practicals to confirm my comprehension of what i had been taught.
she liked my blon blon
needless to state, i always got straight A's in her classes!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by DarryOsh(m): 11:49am On Oct 25, 2012
Mrs. ojo in pry sch.(Gem nur/pry now Triune nur/pry) She was more than a teacher, she was a mother. This was the kind of teacher that wud visit your home to inquire why u hadnt paid ur tuition and lesson fees rather than just sending u home. When ur performance dropped, she would visit again to inquire from ur parents if anything was the matter, she would encourage u to always do better, she taught us christian songs, told us bible stories in humourous ways that we could understand,but she never hesitated to trash u wenever u deserved it. i think i remember that she would come to my mumsi's shop and help her tick the most important books on the list of books based on the money that was available bt she wud make sure u had a book to use wen u needed to. its been a long time bt i wil definately recognize her if i see her. She used to dress simply and almost always packed her hair to the back.....i cud go on and on......i didnt particularly appreciate her then bt as i grew older i continued to do so.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Coldfeet(f): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mine are primary 1 Miss Hassan and Miss Hoseni we had two teachers.
Primary 3 MR BANJO!! Terrorist! And a very smart teacher looking back now.
Primary 4 and 5 Mr Adekunle a very patient man.
Primary 6 Mr ANYANWU!! The best of them all and most feared, with him as our tutor ARMY CHILDREN SCHOOL BONNY CAMP won all the match past competition they ever competed in.
Primary 6 Mrs Akwaeke her words of advice kept me a virg till after secondary school! thank you ma!!
And my headmistress MRS UGOJI aka the witchcraft eradicator her fierce prayers every morning at the assemble ground saw a lot of little witches confessing! God bless you ma!
Secondary school ONLY one impacted me positively and that's Miss Regina Nton my English teacher god bless you ma! The rest were just too busy gossiping Miss Regina for dating Mr Odubanjo or chasing after young girls that they were suppose to be mentoring! Eg Mr Dan aka mrbiggs, Mr Adetu, Mr T, and Mr Yusuph before angry boys tidyed him up and he vanished!! Never to be seen or heard of again! (I still wonder what they did to him though) I hope Mr T has changed if not ko'ni da fun e!! What you did to young girls shall be done to your daughters.
Not to forget my home economic teacher your teachings made me an expert cook today thank you ma.
My amiable and swaggerlicious principal Mrs Olufunke Elisabeth Aliyu!! You are one in a million.
And to my mum who taught me how to speak! Who was filled with joy as I said my first word and took my first step! You are my favourite teacher God bless you more.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by engrchux: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
I have a lot of favorite teachers but one comes 2 mind now for d laughter he always induced. He's name was Mr Anyameluhor (RIP), a t̸e̸a̸c̸h̸e̸r̸ flogger (cos dats all he ever did) in SPC, Asaba around late 1990's. He waz a disciplinarian & he alwayz told us cock & bull stories of how he was a good student, soldeir, astronaut etc. Lemme narrate some of d scenario...
(1) He goes like "During our time, if I score 99%, I ask for d remaining 1%. My teacher then, he's tall, black, fair, short, fat, slim... U may know him, Omengo by name..."
(2) "Yesterday some group of bad boyz in dis school way-layed me in town, they surrounded me, I calculated them, one rushed me wit a stick but I dodged, & grabbed him by d neck, & d villagers around started shouting "Diokpa! Diokpa!! E ge gbu madu eee, pls 4give dem..."
(3) "Truancy is not jst starting 2day, during our time wen I waz in d army, we wud be training while some of my colleagues will be gisting under the mango tree. My commandant will jst send me to go & plant bomb under d mango, which I'll do & d bomb wud kill dem all"
(4) "During our time, we went 2 d moon, we passed thru Enugu..."
Dunno if he tot we swallowed all his numerous lies hook, line & sinker tho' but he waz one hell of a joker. Lol
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by irecruit(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
my teacher, i dont have much to say about her but she was the best in the world. She always knows how to make students happy. she dosen't tolorate laziness. She was so beautiful to behold. I love her so much that i even thought of marrying her( joking).
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by bobofati(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
my favourite teacher is late mr Innocent Dunu(RIP). He was my english teacher from jss1 to jss3. we were realliiii entertained by him.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
Uncle Sam and Mr James Of Rhoda International School( Learnt how to Spell and Study from both teachers) My Secondary School Years was a waste,Learned all i should have learnt in my Six yrs of high School Education In Less Than 5 Months, Thanks Τ̅☺ God and Engineer Adebola Adams, God thank you for taking me τ̅☺ Adams....Τ̅☺ Jehovah be the Glory
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by siddiq202(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mine was Miss Ganiyyah my physics teacher back then in high school. She finished her education at a very tender age and got employed almost immediately. she is more than just a teacher to me. I remember all the advice she gave me. Thanks Miss Ganiyyah

I wish I could marry her younger sister and take our relationship to another level cool

Also my project supervisor (Mr Lawal). At the time when corruption has turned the country's educational sector into something else. He made sure that all the people under his supervision know what writing a project is all about. He also printed the report free for everybody.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by touchmehard: 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
My favorite teacher is my Dear Mother. She taught me how to spell my name smiley

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by ZUBBYNWA(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mrs. Nwajiaku, a teacher indeed, mum may God bless you
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by belicov(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
OkwaIfugo: I can remember that teacher yrs back who taught us literature.
She made me to know how to pronounce well as well as reading with understanding.
hahahaha had acrush on ma crs teacher shes late now miss her so much one of ∂ lovly thins God ever created $ she ωαzZzzZZ
always dere for me
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by OmoAlata(f): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
I'm racking my brain here and no favourite teacher springs to mind
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by NeuroBoss(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
I have alot of them. Mrs Olagunju, my teacher in KG 2 moulded me to read and write. Mr Akindele and Oyewole in Pry 5 inspired me to want to do well in life. Mr Folorunsho took my interest in English to the next level in my JSS 1 as I could answer SSCE English questions correctly then. Dr Ande now a Professor is the best thing that has happened to zoology in Unilorin and Nigeria. He made zoology a very interesting course as he use zoology to explain every human problems. Ande, I will never forget you. Dr O.D Owolabi, my then project supervisor thanks for your words of encouragement and your no-nonesense stance. Prof. U.S Ugbomoiko, you are human and I will always remember your behaviours as those expected of an imperfect human. You showed me hell but no ill-feelings towards you. Prof. G.C Nzeh, you're a mother, full of knowledge and empathy. I will forever be grateful to these moulders of destiny.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by usbcable(m): 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mrs Adenmosun of Community Primary School, Ilupeju.

She taught me in pry one. She really encouraged me at all times.

She is now a queen sha.

May god be with her wherever she is now.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Ninilowo(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
FOLORUNSHO OJELADE all the way........Baptist Primary school Ado-Awaye Oyo state. He is everything! He taught me to wake early to attend 7am coaching everything dt is useful to me till tday. God bless u sir!
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by Aakon(m): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
i was 8 my favourite teacher was 15 den,she taught me horse riding and its tecniques ;Di
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Teacher. by ayobase(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
I will never forget, even in my grave, Mr. Babarinde.
A man, teacher, uncle, and a father.
He taught me in St. Patrick Nursery and Primary School, Ejigbo, Lagos State.
I spent a yr with him to prepare for common entrance. My Dad wouldnt allow me to further with the ''Ori yo mi'' mark I had from Gideon Intl School, along Okota road, Isolo.
I left the school as the best student after the drilling.
The secret? We did write test on every thursdays (i.e. be ready for what you were taught from Monday to Wednesday as tests on thursday) and be ready for caning on Friday (students' pamper days).
The flogging was based on every subject, one might end up receiving 30 strokes and more or below.....below 70% na cane o.....60% na 4 strokes, 50% na 5 strokes...like that like that for each subject. Imagine having 50% in 12 subjects....do the maths.....NA NO MERCY THING O!
It of course helped!
And I will advise schools to inculcate that method....it did and still does the magic!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BIDA, School Of Nursing & Midwifery Form Is Currently On Sales: "Click" To View / How Do I Apply For Certified Institute Of Shipping Or Merchant Navy / Unilag Pre-degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.