Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,611 members, 7,958,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:52 AM

Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! (21883 Views)

Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:30am On Feb 01, 2013
Delafruita:

the catholics compiled the Bible.that is a fact.
the rosary was invented in 1090 AD
nah, its history went futher back, it didnt just land it developed as a communual prayer

the doctrine of purgatory came into existence in 1428AD at a time the church was seeking to raise funds to wage warrs of conquest.
nah, d doctrine of purgatory came centuries dat date, infact its history can be traced back to judaism, then to d xtians area and d church fadas like origen, ambrose of milan, gregory d great, council of lyon etc. It far preceeds d date u put up. Purgatory wasnt invented during d crusades. Get ur history right
the doctrine of trinity came from constanstine who proclaimed "houinoosios" meaning "of one essence".a philosophy he got from plato
it goes futher back, into d Nt era, down to justin and co, tertullian and co, b4 d council of nicea, besides constantine didnt suggest that word nor was he part of d real arguements.

there is actually evidence for easter celebration in the Bible.Jesus said "do this in remembrance of me" and since then the apostles and early christians observed the day of his ressurection which fell on 14th day of Nisan.however,the catholics decided to rather celebrate the death rather than the resurrection and brought it to 12th day of Nisan.
where did u get the date shifting from?

i wonder why you cant take a few minutes to do some reading.just arguing baselessly.even a f.ool knows the catholics compiled the Bible and did so selectively.the catholics werent perfect,infact they were far from perfect.Popes had wives,concubines and even committed incest.they waged wars and demanded huge amounts for short stay in purgatory and limbo,but the fact is they created christianity and made it what it is.
your list of d cath church flaws is spot on, good work.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:34am On Feb 01, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote] d pagans also have "holy books" does that make d bible false? Ur logic is defective, muslims have beads doesnt make d rosary beads false.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:43am On Feb 01, 2013
Delafruita:
you cant just attempt to disprove a fact without any fact.king james had the bible translated to english in 1611 AD.so in your wisdom,you assume there was noBible for 1611 years.the Bible was compiled at the councilof nicea in 325 AD.there was already a compiled old testament as far back as 250 AD.constantine brought together 318 bishops to settle the rift among the "co-mediatrix" group and the others and offered to make christianity the state religion if they could compile a holy book and settle the discord.

history records that constantine was converted by followers of pa/l's doctrine and though he gave up mithreism,he still adapted a lot of its practices such as december 25 and trinity.he had over 300 different books that differed from paul's teachings burnt.other books were edited most famous been the description of the raising of lazarus by Mark because according to the Bishops "it described a mystery cult".thats why there's no account of lazarus been raised in mark.
if you wanna make a point or disprove a point,make sure you have the facts.james was influential to christianity because he had the bible translated to english and allowed it to be mass produced.but he didnt compile it
anyone who reads d above must read it with a heavy dose of salt. D bible wasnt compiled in nicea, d synod of rome, council of hippo and council of cathage were responsible, d documents of d synod of rome are no longer exant. And during d time of constantine there was no "co-mediatrix" group. Christmas started before constatine so it is inaccurate to credit christmas to constantine. Dala abeg correct urself
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2013
tobechi20: Logic boy, this is the ist time ure making small sence.

CATHOLIC COMPILED THE BIBLE, IF CATHOLIC IS WRONG, THEN THE WHOLE OF CHRISTIANITY IS WRONG.
A BAD TREE CANT YIELD GOOD FRUIT. THE BRANCH,STEM ,FRUIT, ROOT, ARE ALL BAD.

PROTESTANT, GO FORM ANOTHER RELIGION THAT DOESNT USE BIBLE, PREACH CHRISTAND HOLYSPIRIT,BELIEVE IN RESURRECTION,CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AND EASTER.but only preach tithe.
who told you catholics formed christianity?christianity is not a religion but a way of life started by jesus christ,the author and finisher of our faith;catholics only highjacked and corrupted it cos none of their worship and practices can be traced to jesus nor the early apostles which are the true new testament writers.catholism is pagan

3 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: d pagans also have "holy books" does that make d bible false? Ur logic is defective, muslims have beads doesnt make d rosary beads false.

show me in the bible were we are asked to pray with beads.

3 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by ijawkid(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: d pagans also have "holy books" does that make d bible false? Ur logic is defective,muslims have beads doesnt make d rosary beads false.

How can you make the bolded comparison ??.........all this to support the pagan use of beads in worship??......eh UBE??.......
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by plappville(f): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
Segeggs: who told you catholics formed christianity?christianity is not a religion but a way of life started by jesus christ,the author and finisher of our faith;catholics only highjacked and corrupted it cos none of their worship and practices can be traced to jesus nor the early apostles which are the true new testament writers.catholism is pagan

Thank you my broda, enlighten the people. Christianity is not a religion like you have said. Very correct.
It was mentioned in the Scriptures, this is how the none believers see/call those that believe and practice the ways of Christ.
Catholic was not yet, when the world Christian was used in the Scripture.

Acts 11:26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Joeiordye: 4:16am On Feb 08, 2013
truthislight:

yea!

That sounds familiar.

We have so many of them that fed from the same source you were fed from that ended up that way.

1. Logic boy.
2. Calloti
to mention just two.

We are what we eat some times you know?
Whatever
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Jeel: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2013
Where is my Frosbel?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:46am On Feb 09, 2013
frosbel:

show me in the bible were we are asked to pray with beads.

show me in the bible where pastors were asked to preach with microphone
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:47am On Feb 09, 2013
ijawkid:

How can you make the bolded comparison ??.........all this to support the pagan use of beads in worship??......eh UBE??.......

d comparism is spot on! Ur logic if feebel and defective.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2013
plappville:

Thank you my broda, enlighten the people. Christianity is not a religion like you have said. Very correct.
It was mentioned in the Scriptures, this is how the none believers see/call those that believe and practice the ways of Christ.
Catholic was not yet, when the world Christian was used in the Scripture.

Acts 11:26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"
d pipo who follow christ came to be known as christians, and their asembly came to be know as the catholic church. No contradiction there.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:55am On Feb 09, 2013
Segeggs: who told you catholics formed christianity?christianity is not a religion but a way of life started by jesus christ,the author and finisher of our faith;catholics only highjacked and corrupted it cos none of their worship and practices can be traced to jesus nor the early apostles which are the true new testament writers.catholism is pagan
what is the definition of "religion"? If catholicism is pagan den all dat came thru d catholic church is pagan abi? So d collection of books u call bible is pagan abi 'cos it was compile by catholic bishops!
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Anyigala(m): 11:19am On Feb 09, 2013
truthislight:

are you "christian" or "Jewish?

1. Who gave the directive for such rosary worship? Do you just decide for yourselves how to worship God?

2. Your bible statement is erroniouse.
Should we abandon christianity because those claiming christianity today have gone astray? No, the right way is there in the bible still.

Should we abandon the bible because you have gone off on a tangent off the bible? No.

All men will answer for himself.

Your claim to have a link with those that brought the epistle of christ apostles together does not make the bible your own.

This are the epistles of christ apostles through the holy spirit meant for christ followers, that you deviate does not mean that RCC deviation is cause by the bible.

The bible still remain for all followers of christ since it was meant for them, infact, it was meant for all of mankind.

3. The head of the christian congregation is christ and not peter.

Sticking to the instruction of the apostles is the right way to follow christ, therein lies the christian manuals.

How proud are you for the numbers of your fellow RCC members that have turned atheist?

That ^ i think is an indicator to what end RCC is taking people to with the obvious deviation from the instruction for christians in the NT.

Following the bible is safer considering that the gate is narrow.
Dont you think so?

1. The same Church that added additional 27 books to the OT to give you this Bible you have today. Secondly, I explained the biblical basis of Rosary which is quite self explanatory if you had made any effort to read it. If I can trust the Bible the gave me, then I certainly will trust the Rosary which is very and truly biblical.

2. My claim is based on common sense, from the 1st to late 3rd centuries, there was nothing like the Bible you have now. The Church decided to add 27 books to the OT , these 27 books were selected from more than 250 other books/ letters read in some Churches at that time. If you have access to all these books today, will you be able to select the same books that makesup the NT we have now? The Church through the power of the Holy Spirit chose 27 books as inspired Books that would eventually form the NT. Holy Spirit didn't stop working in the Church after that, it continued and is still working in the Church today. The Church 1800 year ago is organically the same Church it is today. If you have ever read some of the things the early Church fathers wrote, you will know that the Church didn't deviate, Martin Luther and John Calvin together with 100's of other Church founders in the last 500 years deviated.
3. Christ most certainly handed the Keys ( key signifies authority in Christ's time) to Peter and he told Peter to feed and tend His sheep. He also says to Peter that he will build His Church upon him. Christ says this not me, you can try to interpret it how you like but its as clear as morning sky.

The rest of your claims doesn't deserve my answer because they are quite frankly, childish and baseless claims that you cannot back up with any fact or evidence.

John Henry Cardinal Newman once said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."  By the way Cardinal Newman was an Anglican in the 18th century England and one of the greatest minds of his generation, he hated Catholic Church somuch that he decided to debunk all Her claims, before the end of his research he converted to Catholicism.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by truthislight: 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2013
Anyigala:

1. The same Church that added additional 27 books to the OT to give you this Bible you have today. Secondly, I explained the biblical basis of Rosary which is quite self explanatory if you had made any effort to read it. If I can trust the Bible the gave me, then I certainly will trust the Rosary which is very and truly biblical.

2. My claim is based on common sense, from the 1st to late 3rd centuries, there was nothing like the Bible you have now. The Church decided to add 27 books to the OT , these 27 books were selected from more than 250 other books/ letters read in some Churches at that time. If you have access to all these books today, will you be able to select the same books that makesup the NT we have now? The Church through the power of the Holy Spirit chose 27 books as inspired Books that would eventually form the NT. Holy Spirit didn't stop working in the Church after that, it continued and is still working in the Church today. The Church 1800 year ago is organically the same Church it is today. If you have ever read some of the things the early Church fathers wrote, you will know that the Church didn't deviate, Martin Luther and John Calvin together with 100's of other Church founders in the last 500 years deviated.
3. Christ most certainly handed the Keys ( key signifies authority in Christ's time) to Peter and he told Peter to feed and tend His sheep. He also says to Peter that he will build His Church upon him. Christ says this not me, you can try to interpret it how you like but its as clear as morning sky.

The rest of your claims doesn't deserve my answer because they are quite frankly, childish and baseless claims that you cannot back up with any fact or evidence.

John Henry Cardinal Newman once said, "To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant." By the way Cardinal Newman was an Anglican in the 18th century England and one of the greatest minds of his generation, he hated Catholic Church somuch that he decided to debunk all Her claims, before the end of his research he converted to Catholicism.

it was a straith forward thing to pick out the writings of the apostles = NT.

Just ensure that you dont belief stuff that contradict their instructions.
Peace.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2013
truthislight:

it was a straith forward thing to pick out the writings of the apostles = NT.

Just ensure that you dont belief stuff that contradict their instructions.
Peace.
intarasting, so d cath church u call pagan also picked d apostles writtings? Wow,
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by realistically: 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
Anyigala: Frosbel your hatred for anything Catholic has turned to obsession and you keep digging up all kinds of silly and frankly, weak articles and videos to bash Catholic Church. Every week you will write or dig up one useless article to attack Catholic Church. When you get hammered, you open up another tread. I try as much as possible to ignore your treads but I cannot help it when you deceive so many people that know very little about the topic.

The Rosary is Biblical and from this article, it’s obvious to me that the person that wrote it wasted 20 years of his or her life calling himself a Catholic without a slightest clue of what the Church teaches. It amazes me how people will call themselves Catholic and know nothing about their faith and once they leave the Church, they claim to know everything about the Church. The first part of the rosary is straight from Luke’s gospel, (How Angel Gabriel greeted Mary), the second part continued with how Elizabeth greeted her when she visited her. “Pray of us sinner now and at the hour of our death”, we ask her to pray for us because we believe in intercessory prayer. We believe that the saints and mother of God is in Heaven and she can take our petitions to Jesus, just like she interceded on behalf of the couple in Canaan during the wedding feast. The most important part of the Rosary is also the Mysteries: Joyful- birth and childhood of Jesus Christ, Sorrowful – His passion (agony and death), Glorious - His resurrection, ascension, descending of Holy Spirit and Assumption of Mary and finally, the Luminous - From Baptism of Christ, His 1st Miracle, last Supper and so on. While reciting the rosary, you are meant to mediate on these mysteries of our Lord Jesus Christ. The essence of the rosary is to help you mediate in these important events in the life of Jesus and our salvation. To pray the rosary properly is to not only to read the Bible but to also immense yourself in the life Christ and His mother.

The Mass is full of Bible, every Sunday we have 3 readings, 2 from NT and 1 from OT, together with Psalms. Daily Mass has two readings from the Bible and psalms to go with it. Half of the Eucharistic prayer is straight from the Bible; the responses from the congregation are from Bible. A typical Easter vigil mass has no less than 6 readings from both OT and NT. Catholic Church = Bible!

If Catholic Church has been deceiving billions of people of the last 2000, how come all Christians still use the Bible they compiled? If you all are convinced that Catholic Church is evil and not Christian, the logical thing to do is to do away with anything associated with Catholic Church that includes the Bible. And for the person that said that King James compiled the Bible, you must be kidding! Really, so the Bible is 600yrs old then? KJV wasn’t even the first English Bible; John Wycliffe achieved that in 1380 AD, 150 before the reformation.

Jesus did not write on single word down, and he did not instruct anyone to write a book. The Old Testament was there and that was what he and the apostles read from. He did ask his disciples to do certain things in memory of Him and to spread the good news to the ends of the earth. That Church He promised to build upon the Rock (Peter) is still as strong as ever, 2000 years and counting. The Church that Roman Empire, Barbarians, Communist Russia and so many other powerful empires couldn’t defeat, the Church (Body of Christ) that has seen off countless heresies. Christ promised that the gates of Hades will NOT overcome His Church and He doesn’t lie!

The Church has presence all over the world, teaching, educating and saving souls. The Church decided which books should be included in the Bible and what shouldn’t out of so many books and letters circulating in the 1st and 2nd century. (The Church existed before Bible and not the other way round). The Church fought and defended the integrity of the Bible from all sorts of heresies. For more than 1000 years before the 1st printing press, Christians rely on the Church to read and teach them the word of God because it would cost equivalent of 10 years wages to buy one Bible. Your “I am Bible believing, I only follow the Scripture” rants would have been useless and unattainable 1300 years ago because could not afford a Bible then, if even if you could, you probably would not be able to read.

I am a devout unapologetic Catholic Bible-believing, Charismatic, Rosary-praying Christian. Deeply in Love with God The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and not forgetting Mother Mary. Her fiat to God made all the difference.

God bless you for this,Catholics like you give me hope....so many people who profess the Catholic faith dont even know anything about the Faith.......they were just born into it. I returned to the catholic church after many years as a protestant(my parents left when i was still very young) and that is one of my greatest blessings......That I found my way back home. I have a better and closer relationship with God than I ever did as a protestant,I am still learning though......May Our Lady,Queen of all Hearts continue to point us in the direction of her Son,Our Lord and Saviour,Jesus Christ.Amen.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Neddivine: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
For me i'm not vast in the history of the bible.But this thread seems to have one thing in common which is that catholics compiled the bible which is questionable to me till i can find solid historical proof.However let's just assume catholics compiled the bible:
1)This simply means they never wrote the bible but compiled manuscripts that were already existing.God could have used anyone to do this.He used Kings Cyrus and Artexerxes who are pegan kings to rebuild the house of God and the city of Jerusalem when Israel was driven to captivity.He used a dumb ass to speak to an erring prophet.He used ordinary ravens to feed Elijah....I could continue.
2)and for the bishops that were claimed to have compile scriptures,I personally percieve that catholics didn't start off in error.It is possible that at the time of these bishops there was true worship of God and none of these catholic idolatrous practices & doctrines.The errors may possibly have been added generations later by false worshippers which errors unfortunately have continued as the devil would have it till now.This is true today of many churches today that started well with the sound doctrine of righteousness and eternal life in Christ but have veered off to ungodly proffessions & lifestyles especially those that unconsiously propergate eternal security by teaching that once you're saved, you're forever saved no matter how many sins you willfully commit afterwards because christ has already paid for and pardoned your past,present and future sins.This is the unconscious erronous teaching ravaging most churches worlwide these last days especially in America and UK.This is why there are so many ungoldy lifestyled individuals speaking in tongues and claiming born again these last days.Its good to point to the errors of the catholic church while also exposing general errors in christiendom worldwide so we can fight and pray for their correction.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Neddivine: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2013
Neddivine:.He used a dumb Bottom to speak to an erring prophet.

My sincere appologies for the above error.I actually wrote and meant

"He used a dumb ass to speak to an erring prophet."

I'm typing with my small type pad phone.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Anyigala(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2013
Neddivine: For me i'm not vast in the history of the bible.But this thread seems to have one thing in common which is that catholics compiled the bible which is questionable to me till i can find solid historical proof.However let's just assume catholics compiled the bible:
1)This simply means they never wrote the bible but compiled manuscripts that were already existing.God could have used anyone to do this.He used Kings Cyrus and Artexerxes who are pegan kings to rebuild the house of God and the city of Jerusalem when Israel was driven to captivity.He used a dumb ass to speak to an erring prophet.He used ordinary ravens to feed Elijah....I could continue.
2)and for the bishops that were claimed to have compile scriptures,I personally percieve that catholics didn't start off in error.It is possible that at the time of these bishops there was true worship of God and none of these catholic idolatrous practices & doctrines.The errors may possibly have been added generations later by false worshippers which errors unfortunately have continued as the devil would have it till now.This is true today of many churches today that started well with the sound doctrine of righteousness and eternal life in Christ but have veered off to ungodly proffessions & lifestyles especially those that unconsiously propergate eternal security by teaching that once you're saved, you're forever saved no matter how many sins you willfully commit afterwards because christ has already paid for and pardoned your past,present and future sins.This is the unconscious erronous teaching ravaging most churches worlwide these last days especially in America and UK.This is why there are so many ungoldy lifestyled individuals speaking in tongues and claiming born again these last days.Its good to point to the errors of the catholic church while also exposing general errors in christiendom worldwide so we can fight and pray for their correction.

Sorry, but you are not making sense.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Neddivine: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2013
WHY IS IT THAT I POST THE WORD FOR THE TYPE OF HORSE THAT BALAAM USED WHICH SPOKE WHEN THE ANGEL STOOD ON THEIR WAY BUT THE NAIRALAND SYSTEM SEEMS TO CHANGE THAT VERY WORD TO "BOTTOM" WHEN I INTEND NO PROFANITY.MODERATORS SHOULD PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Anyigala(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2013
realistically: God bless you for this,Catholics like you give me hope....so many people who profess the Catholic faith dont even know anything about the Faith.......they were just born into it. I returned to the catholic church after many years as a protestant(my parents left when i was still very young) and that is one of my greatest blessings......That I found my way back home. I have a better and closer relationship with God than I ever did as a protestant,I am still learning though......May Our Lady,Queen of all Hearts continue to point us in the direction of her Son,Our Lord and Saviour,Jesus Christ.Amen.
Thank you and welcome back home! What we have in Catholic Church is the fullness of truth and it troubles me when I read some misinformed individuals posting absolutely trash on this forum just to bash Catholic Church.
Us Catholics need to learn about our faith, the information is easily accessible online. Maybe God continue to shower you with His grace and wisdom.
See you in the Eucharistic.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Neddivine: 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2013
I TYPE THE OLD WORD FOR DONKEY WHICH IS SPELT "A+S+S" BUT BY THE TIME I POST IT THE SYSTEM CHANGES IT TO THE WORD "BOTTOM". I USE THE AUTHORISED KING JAMES BIBLE AND I WAS TRYING TO REFERENCE NUMBERS 22:23 ABOUT THE DUMB DUNKEY AND THE ERRING PROTHET BALAAM.MODERATORS PLEASE HELP.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Neddivine: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
[quote author=Neddivine]For me i'm not vast in the history of the bible.But this thread seems to have one thing in common which is that catholics compiled the bible which is questionable to me till i can find solid historical proof.However let's just assume catholics compiled the bible:
1)This simply means they never wrote the bible but compiled manuscripts that were already existing.God could have used anyone to do this.He used Kings Cyrus and Artexerxes who are pegan kings to rebuild the house of God and the city of Jerusalem when Israel was driven to captivity.

He used a dumb ass to speak to an erring prophet.

I TYPE THE OLD WORD FOR DONKEY WHICH IS SPELT "A+S+S" BUT BY THE TIME I POST IT THE SYSTEM CHANGES IT TO THE WORD "BOTTOM". I USE THE AUTHORISED KING JAMES BIBLE AND I WAS TRYING TO REFERENCE NUMBERS 22:23 ABOUT THE DUMB DUNKEY AND THE ERRING PROTHET BALAAM.MODERATORS PLEASE HELP.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Neddivine: 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
Anyigala:

No I won't make sense to u cos I'm not addressing u.I'm addressing those who have the cloak removed enough from their eyes to see that catholics are unconsciously deeply invoved in idol worship.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by realistically: 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
Anyigala:
Thank you and welcome back home! What we have in Catholic Church is the fullness of truth and it troubles me when I read some misinformed individuals posting absolutely trash on this forum just to bash Catholic Church.
Us Catholics need to learn about our faith, the information is easily accessible online. Maybe God continue to shower you with His grace and wisdom.
See you in the Eucharistic.
Thank you.....we really need to learn about our faith....I thank God for the loving and understanding priests at my parish......They've explained a lot of stuff to me.....
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by truthislight: 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
Neddivine: WHY IS IT THAT I POST THE WORD FOR THE TYPE OF HORSE THAT BALAAM USED WHICH SPOKE WHEN THE ANGEL STOOD ON THEIR WAY BUT THE NAIRALAND SYSTEM SEEMS TO CHANGE THAT VERY WORD TO "BOTTOM" WHEN I INTEND NO PROFANITY.MODERATORS SHOULD PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

lol.
you meant to write dumb ar.ss.

The system always change the word ars.s to "bottom"
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by truthislight: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2013
Neddivine: Anyigala:

No I won't make sense to u cos I'm not addressing u.I'm addressing those who have the cloak removed enough from their eyes to see that catholics are unconsciously deeply invoved in idol worship.

well said.
But you can only take the horse to the stream but cannot force it to drink.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Anyigala(m): 10:53pm On Feb 10, 2013

I still maintain, with all due respect, that your initial write up makes no sense or has any substance, It's full of assumptions. When you get some hard historical facts to disprove all I have said , then I will engage you on a debate.
Before then, I suggest you read some of the writing of the Church Fathers in the 1st to 5 centuries and decide for yourself if the Church actually committed theological or biblical errors in her teachings.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2013
Neddivine: For me i'm not vast in the history of the bible.But this thread seems to have one thing in common which is that catholics compiled the bible which is questionable to me till i can find solid historical proof.However let's just assume catholics compiled the bible:
another claim is d apostle were catholics.
2)and for the bishops that were claimed to have compile scriptures,I personally percieve that catholics didn't start off in error.It is possible that at the time of these bishops there was true worship of God and none of these catholic idolatrous practices & doctrines.The errors may possibly have been added generations later by false worshippers which errors unfortunately have continued as the devil would have it till now.
actually my dear everything professed in d cath church today comes from dos early christian. Im very happy to say d cath church didnt moved off track.
This is true today of many churches today that started well with the sound doctrine of righteousness and eternal life in Christ but have veered off to ungodly proffessions & lifestyles especially those that unconsiously propergate eternal security by teaching that once you're saved, you're forever saved no matter how many sins you willfully commit afterwards because christ has already paid for and pardoned your past,present and future sins.This is the unconscious erronous teaching ravaging most churches worlwide these last days especially in America and UK.This is why there are so many ungoldy lifestyled individuals speaking in tongues and claiming born again these last days.
once saved always saved isnt a new doctrine in protestanism, it is one of d founding doctrines of calvin and co.
Its good to point to the errors of the catholic church while also exposing general errors in christiendom worldwide so we can fight and pray for their correction.
what errors are u talking abt?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2013

hahaha, like joshua abi?
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2013
Anyigala:

I still maintain, with all due respect, that your initial write up makes no sense or has any substance, It's full of assumptions. When you get some hard historical facts to disprove all I have said , then I will engage you on a debate.
Before then, I suggest you read some of the writing of the Church Fathers in the 1st to 5 centuries and decide for yourself if the Church actually committed theological or biblical errors in her teachings.
i 2nd d last advise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Ea Adeboye Phone Number / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State / About Pastor Lazarus Muoka (lord Chosen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.