Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! (21460 Views)

Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
I write this post as a former Roman Catholic, and as one who has forever stopped praying the Roman Catholic Rosary. For those of you who are not familiar with the Rosary, the Rosary is a set of beads, each bead representing a prayer. The majority of those beads represent a prayer well known as the “Hail Mary” and there are 53 “Hail Mary’s” on each bead set of 5 decades. There are also larger beads which would represent the Lord’s prayer (Our Father) but there are only 6 of them on the rosary. There is a crucifix on the end, and the “Apostles Creed” would be said on that, and there are also “Glory Be” prayers that are said on that Rosary. Here is an image of a set of Rosary Beads.

[img]http://soulrefuge.files./2009/10/rosary2.jpg?w=150&h=137[/img]

Rosary Beads are big sellers in Roman Catholic stores, and they are made out of different materials including plastic, wood, glass and various metals. Some Rosary bead sets can even glow in the dark, and I owned a pair of them. People are taught to pray the Hail Mary at a very young age, and though they may not attend a Catholic Church for years, they will still remember the Hail Mary prayer. You will often hear the Hail Mary prayed in its entirety at Roman Catholic wakes inside the funeral parlour. Often the prayer is led by the local Catholic Priest.

He will pray the first part which goes like this: “Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou, amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.” The Roman Catholics who are in attendance will then respond with the second part of the Hail Mary, which is as follows: “Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death, Amen.” This would continue until all 5 decades of the Rosary were said, and it would often sound like a chant, as the Priest did his part and we did our part. It kind of made me feel good, to rattle off all my Hail Mary’s along with the rest of the people, but it never gave me any spiritual help at all in my life!

I have prayed the Hail Mary, thousands of times. I can remember praying that prayer at Roman Catholic wakes and funerals, hoping that the person who died would not suffer too long in Purgatory. I would hope that Mary would remember me at the time of my own death. Jesus was not even part of the equation in my prayers to Mary. She was the one who I called upon, and she was the one that the Catholic Priests taught me to call upon at the hour of my death. It is totally mind boggling to me that they actually sell Rosary Beads on the TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) website, and I wrote about that in this article here. Hello! The Lord Jesus Christ set me free from the darkness of Roman Catholicism, and it’s false Gospel over 20 years ago, and people are being seduced in our day, like never before!

There is very little resistance to Rome, in the pulpits in our time, even though many know Rome preaches a false gospel. Many are afraid of offending other “big name Christians” whose ministries are known around the world. Could it be that they are receiving funding from the compromisers, and do not want to lose that funding, should they speak out? God only knows if that is the case, but if it is I surely pity them. Many “leaders” of large churches (not just the name-it, claim-it people) own multi million dollar homes, which were purchased by the profits that they have made. Do you think that they want to bring any hatred or persecution their way, that might upset their lavish lifestyle? I do not think so! Where are the TRUE men of God in our modern day. Folks this is absolute SPIRITUAL INSANITY! Thousands (millions?) of men, and women of God have sacrificed their very lives, as a result of fighting against the false teachings of Rome, and we have their “goods” being peddled on the TBN “Christian” website! Hello is anybody listening? Check out this VIDEO for yourself, or go to their website and search for the Rosary, or the Catholic Mass, or Popes and you will find tons of books and related materials. Lord have mercy on us all!

Enter: The Real Jesus Christ

Many years later, I came to know the real Jesus Christ, and I realized and understood that Jesus was all that I ever needed. When I was born again of the Spirit of the living God, I knew that the real Mary never even heard one of my thousands of “Hail Mary” prayers. I can remember sitting at my kitchen table, when the Lord gave me a mental picture of all the ceremonies that I had attended as a Roman Catholic, along with all the pomp and circumstance that goes with it, and the Lord flooded my heart with His joy. He showed me that all of the ceremony and pomp, was not necessary, but that SALVATION was by SIMPLE FAITH in HIM, and it was FREE! The Lord showed me in such a sweet way, that He was all I needed, that He was the one that saved my soul. I was truly amazed at His mercy toward me, and I knew that He truly did forgive me of my sins. Folks, that is the salvation of Jesus Christ, and it is real!

As a new born again believer in Jesus Christ, I had a new found love for the Bible, and I could not put that book down. I read scriptures such as the passage below, and I wondered why they never taught these scriptures to me during the Catholic Mass. I understood clearly that I could be SAVED through JESUS, and I knew that Mary had absolutely NOTHING to do with the SALVATION of my soul! I also knew that there were millions upon millions of precious Roman Catholic people who were as DECEIVED as I was! I also knew that there were multitudes of famous Pastors and Preachers who never spoke out against the FALSE TEACHINGS of Rome, for FEAR of persecution, and FEAR of losing their own “worldly” reputation. May the Lord open their eyes to their own wickedness, before it is too late!

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD we shall be SAVED FROM WRATH THROUGH HIM. (Romans 5:6-9)

That passage of scripture is still one of my favorites because it says so much. What great comfort there is for us all, in knowing that Jesus Christ died for the UNGODLY (all of us). That includes every person in the entire world (including Mary herself). That is one of the hardest things for people to come to terms with, and that is what will keep them out of Heaven also. They never come to the place where they see themselves as UNGODLY in the sight of God. As a Catholic, I would rattle off my Hail Mary’s one after another, hoping that Mary would come to the rescue, but there was never a drop of peace or assurance that she would! I would sometimes see images and statues of Mary with the little baby Jesus in her arms, so I did not know Jesus as one who could really help me.

It was BIG Mary and little Jesus in her arms, or in the manger at Christmas time. But when I was born again of the Spirit, I knew that Jesus Christ was in fact the Son of God, and part of the eternal triune Godhead! I knew that He came down from Heaven because of His love for mankind. I knew that it was HIS BLOOD, and HIS BLOOD alone that JUSTIFIED me in the sight of a Holy and Righteous God. I also knew that I did not need a Roman Catholic priest to transfigure a Eucharist Host into Christ Himself, and to perform the sacrifice of the Mass for me either. I knew that I was redeemed, and SAVED from the WRATH OF GOD, by what Christ did for me on the cross. The Rosary Beads along with Catholic crucifixes went outside in a large green Hefty bag, never to return. The Lord had saved my soul, and I am forever grateful for His mercy toward me to this day.

There are still millions of Roman Catholics who faithfully pray the Rosary every single day, many even claiming to be born again. I came through the Roman Catholic Charismatic movement before leaving the Catholic Church, and my worship of Mary actually intensified. I attended Catholic Healing Masses for over two years and the Rosary was often prayed throughout the service, which often lasted several hours. Songs similar to what you would hear in Christian Evangelical Services would be sung, but the Rosary would be prayed, and the Roman Catholic Priest would still do his thing, and transform the Eucharist host into the “actual body of Jesus Christ” through transubstantiation.

That is another one of the Roman Catholic false teachings that has deceived billions over the centuries, and for which many were burnt at the stake for rejecting. (I love them for standing for truth) Here is another article that I wrote entitled THE DECEPTION OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC MASSI encourage all other Roman Catholic people to lay down your Rosary beads and to repent and believe the true Gospel of Jesus Christ! Experience the TRUE SALVATION which is found in Jesus Christ!

Source

6 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Pacify: 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
Because you do not believe in all the trash you wrote does not mean everyone must follow suit. And because of your lack of faith and disparity, you have not been endowed with the blessings of praying the rosary. If you must know, the CAtholic church still remains the single, most populated religion in the whole world with an estimated ONE BILLION people so as far as the Church is concerned, you are just an insignificant few. And as for the rosary that you ignorantly spoke about, I as a person, has been blessed beyond compare from praying the rosary. I don't have to defend God or fight you over your ignorance, but one thing I must tell you is that neither the Bible, Rosary nor even Jesus Christ can heal you or grant you your heart request if you have no faith. I pray the rosary and I can categorically tell you that I have received EVERY SINGLE THING I ever prayed for through it.

7 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
@pacify.
If u cant defend the rosary with any scriptural backing then shut up! u are the ignorant one. The catholic having more than 1bilion members does not make it a true church afteral the bible says that false christ and prophets shall arise and decieve MANY.

7 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by tobechi20(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
All i gathered is that u have a problem with the catholic church and not the rosary

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by logicboy01: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
Frosbel, while I agree that the rosary is a Catholic thing that has no place in scriptures, the catholic church is christianity, you rail against their doctrines but they are the ones that compiled the very bible that you use. We dont know what these people left out when compiling the bible.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01: Frosbel, while I agree that the rosary is a Catholic thing that has no place in scriptures, the catholic church is christianity, you rail against their doctrines but they are the ones that compiled the very bible that you use. We dont know what these people left out when compiling the bible.

Stop trolling !!
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ptolomeus(m): 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01: Frosbel, while I agree that the rosary is a Catholic thing that has no place in scriptures, the catholic church is christianity, you rail against their doctrines but they are the ones that compiled the very bible that you use. We dont know what these people left out when compiling the bible.

Exactly.
Pentecostals are born of Catholicism. Pentecostals do not have a structured system of worship, are limited to removing some Catholic elements and adopt other pagan cults.
Do not worship the saints or images, but they love a book ...
What happens to the rosary is exactly the same.
Pentecostals do not support the Catholic rosary, but use healing oils, water purification, walking under a sacred mantle (Ala) ... all that taken from pagan cults, which criticize Pentecostals themselves.
The world is upside down!

Arriba la celeste!

2 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Mpetempe(m): 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
JESUS CHRIST is the only way forward! Her earthly mother MARY deserves some honour, but, the way CATHOLICS carry it out! Is dispiriting!
Using of Her Images, claiming honour....Gosh! I don't fancy that.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ptolomeus(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mpetempe: JESUS CHRIST is the only way forward! Her earthly mother MARY deserves some honour, but, the way CATHOLICS carry it out! Is dispiriting!

Yes, the Bible says not to worship images or idols.
Books are idols and images also.
When many pastors use of healing oils, purifying drinking water, walk under a blanket ... are also making idolatry and imitating pagan cults.
Tithing, for example, is a crude imitation of the ancient Hebrew worship. The problem is that the Hebrews paid a tithe to all people, Christian pastors if they do ... contradicting the Bible.
But ...
My dear friend and brother frosbel, disappeared from the thread?

My respects.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by tobechi20(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
Logic boy, this is the ist time ure making small sence.

CATHOLIC COMPILED THE BIBLE, IF CATHOLIC IS WRONG, THEN THE WHOLE OF CHRISTIANITY IS WRONG.
A BAD TREE CANT YIELD GOOD FRUIT. THE BRANCH,STEM ,FRUIT, ROOT, ARE ALL BAD.

PROTESTANT, GO FORM ANOTHER RELIGION THAT DOESNT USE BIBLE, PREACH CHRISTAND HOLYSPIRIT,BELIEVE IN RESURRECTION,CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AND EASTER.but only preach tithe.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Ptolomeus(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
tobechi20: Logic boy, this is the ist time ure making small sence.

CATHOLIC COMPILED THE BIBLE, IF CATHOLIC IS WRONG, THEN THE WHOLE OF CHRISTIANITY IS WRONG.
A BAD TREE CANT YIELD GOOD FRUIT. THE BRANCH,STEM ,FRUIT, ROOT, ARE ALL BAD.

PROTESTANT, GO FORM ANOTHER RELIGION THAT DOESNT USE BIBLE, PREACH CHRISTAND HOLYSPIRIT,BELIEVE IN RESURRECTION,CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AND EASTER.but only preach tithe.
Exactly.
Protestants do not have a doctrine of its own. Each pastor interprets the Bible than 1,000 different ways. Only tithing (which is not marked by the Bible, on the contrary) is common among Protestants.
It is true what you say, the Protestant critique of Catholicism (criticize and attack all beliefs) but they forget that Protestantism born of Catholicism.
The only thing in common with Protestants, as well as the pastors stealing the tithe, is the aggressiveness and virulence with them against any other belief.
The belligerence of them contrasts with what the Bible preaches.
Again, Protestantism has no doctrine of its own. It is a sect invented, and not even agree among themselves.
My respects.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by seunadeolu(m): 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
YOU ARE A PERFECT "JONKI" grin grin grin
Pacify: Because you do not believe in all the trash you wrote does not mean everyone must follow suit. And because of your lack of faith and disparity, you have not been endowed with the blessings of praying the rosary. If you must know, the CAtholic church still remains the single, most populated religion in the whole world with an estimated ONE BILLION people so as far as the Church is concerned, you are just an insignificant few. And as for the rosary that you ignorantly spoke about, I as a person, has been blessed beyond compare from praying the rosary. I don't have to defend God or fight you over your ignorance, but one thing I must tell you is that neither the Bible, Rosary nor even Jesus Christ can heal you or grant you your heart request if you have no faith. I pray the rosary and I can categorically tell you that I have received EVERY SINGLE THING I ever prayed for through it.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by amiskurie(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2012
Simply add love to ur religion and u will be free.

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by mkmyers45(m): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2012
tobechi20: All i gathered is that u have a problem with the catholic church and not the rosary
Maybe..
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by mkmyers45(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2012

It could be a lot...
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by ijawkid(m): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2012

$

Question is d catholics compiled a book that prohibits or says nothing about d rosary..

It means something is wrong
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by logicboy01: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid:
$

Question is d catholics compiled a book that prohibits or says nothing about d rosary..

Irrelevant. As protestants, you dont have any grounding to question the catholic church. The moment you accept their bible, you are their b1tch

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Bella3(f): 10:29am On Jul 07, 2012
Oil, water are all biblical. If u believ a dead human being can hear ur prayer then continue. Afteral its all about faith
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by ijawkid(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2012
logicboy01:

Irrelevant. As protestants, you dont have any grounding to question the catholic church. The moment you accept their bible, you are their b1tch

The cartholics didn't write d bible did they??
The apostles and prophets of old did so dnt give me that crap...

How would some people write up a book that is against there beliefs??
Does it make sense??

Then why compile d book in d 1st place....

Why can't we find d words trinity,purgatory,rosary,easter etc in d original texts of d scriptures??

Why??

if they compiled d bible then mayb they made some mistakes not to add words that wuld support there pagan practices today.....

5 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Does it make sense??

Why can't we find d words trinity,purgatory,rosary,easter etc in d original texts of d scriptures??

Why??

if they compiled d bible then mayb they made some mistakes not to add words that wuld support there pagan practices today.....

at least we agree here cheesy
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by justaqad(m): 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mpetempe: JESUS CHRIST is the only way forward! Her earthly mother MARY deserves some honour, but, the way CATHOLICS carry it out! Is dispiriting!

Isaiah 45:21 “Tell you, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel
together: who has declared this
from ancient time? Who has
told it from that time? Have not
I the Lord? And there is no God
else beside me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside
me.”
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
You have the right to question any teaching or practise that goes against the gospel truth.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by logicboy01: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Does it make sense??

Why??

I am an ex-catholic and I wll tell ou that the catholic church is rife with hypocrisy. Your questions are good questions but you have no right to ask them. You are a catholic because all other churches broke away from the catholic church and took the catholic compiled bible except for 5 books.

Now, the catholics put the rosaries and other doctrines to make their belief a more systematic belief.

Sin===confession===priest tells you prayers for confession=====use rosaries to count prayers====penance
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by hillsate: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
What is this hailing Mary all about. Mary was a common human like me who was favoured to be a channel of the saviour's birth. She did not earn that position, but was only favoured. Anybody could have been that channel. There was nothing special about that. Hailing Mary is simply idolatory. Why didnt Jesus even mention Mary to help him while on the cross?

Secondly, there may be nothing wrong in using the rosary as a means ''guiding'' you through some prayers (if you really call that prayer). Two issues arise from here.
1. Hail Mary is not a prayer. Mary has no relevance in our salvation and our relationship with God. Did even Peter or apostle Paul make any significant mention of Mary? No!!! It simply idolatory and not scriptural
2. Why must the rosary be made in certain quarters if truly it is only a ''guide''. I even wonder where that places the Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Mpetempe(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2012
Nigerians and Religious differences

Is this not the root of our problems
If only, we will LET LOVE LEAD! In our different religion... There will be no Boko Haram or any fundamentalists.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Bella3(f): 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2012
Can u imagine? So becos u evolved from monkey, u don turn baboon

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by MacDaddy01: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2012
Bélla3: Can u imagine? So becos u evolved from monkey, u don turn baboon

1 Like

Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Delafruita(m): 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid:
$

that is becausse the rosary was invented by peter the hermit in 1090 AD and he claimed to have received it from Mary.pope augustine accepted it and ordered its use in prayer
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
Delafruita:
that is becausse the rosary was invented by peter the hermit in 1090 AD and he claimed to have received it from Mary.pope augustine accepted it and ordered its use in prayer

Glad you said Peter the Hermit and not Peter the Apostle grin
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Delafruita(m): 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Does it make sense??

Why??

the catholics compiled the Bible.that is a fact.
the rosary was invented in 1090 AD

the doctrine of purgatory came into existence in 1428AD at a time the church was seeking to raise funds to wage warrs of conquest.

the doctrine of trinity came from constanstine who proclaimed "houinoosios" meaning "of one essence".a philosophy he got from plato

there is actually evidence for easter celebration in the Bible.Jesus said "do this in remembrance of me" and since then the apostles and early christians observed the day of his ressurection which fell on 14th day of Nisan.however,the catholics decided to rather celebrate the death rather than the resurrection and brought it to 12th day of Nisan.

i wonder why you cant take a few minutes to do some reading.just arguing baselessly.even a f.ool knows the catholics compiled the Bible and did so selectively.the catholics werent perfect,infact they were far from perfect.Popes had wives,concubines and even committed incest.they waged wars and demanded huge amounts for short stay in purgatory and limbo,but the fact is they created christianity and made it what it is.
Re: Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=Delafruita]

the catholics compiled the Bible.that is a fact.

Wrong !!

The bible we have today was compiled by scholars during the time of Kings James .

Besides, it was mere compilation, it's not as if the Scholars wrote the Bible, all these new testament and old testament books existed as independent books, they were simply collated into one BOOK.

The catholic church has introduced some of the most heretical doctrines known to MAN and will be judged on the last for their departure from the TRUTH.

the rosary was invented in 1090 AD

And ? It is still a idolatrous tool with Pagan origins, even Muslims and Hindus use Rosaries, their own version, that says a lot, right ?

MUSLIM ROSARY

HINDU ROSARY

CATHOLIC ROSARY

[img]http://www.rosary.name/misc/images/silver-rosary/st-benedict-rosary-with-beautiful-wood-beads.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Bible Says About The Rich And Powerful Building Doomsday Bunkers (Pics) / "Religion And Poverty Are Dating" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To This Tweet / Photo Of The Day, Purify Your Intentions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.