Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready (5981 Views)

‘Missing’ $20billion Oil Money: Our Audit Report Not Reliable — Pricewaterhousec / Presidency, Experts Fault Presidential Committee Report On Chibok Abduction / EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Nigeria: 60 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready[/size]

The Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force set up by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, following the anti-subsidy removal protest and the need to enthrone accountability in the sector, under the Chairmanship of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, is yet to submit its report at the expiration of its timeline, LEADERSHIP learnt.

[size=13pt]The task force was given a 60- day timeline beginning from February 29, 2012, to carry out its mandate as stated in its terms of reference.[/size]

The committee's terms of reference included determining and verifying all petroleum, upstream and downstream revenues, taxes, royalties, etc., due and payable to the government, and taking all necessary steps to collect all debts due and owed to the Federal Government. It was also charged with obtaining agreements and enforcing payment terms by all oil industry operators, design a cross debt matrix between all agencies and parastatals of the petroleum ministry and develop an automated platform to enable effective tracking, monitoring, and online validation of income and debt drivers of all the ministries, parastatals and agencies. The committee was also to work with world-class consultants to integrate systems and technologies across the production chain to determine and monitor crude oil production and exports and ensuring at all times, the integrity of payments to government as well as submit monthly reports and other reports as necessary for ministerial review and further action.

When contacted on the status of the committee's report, spokesman of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Levi Ajuonuma, said the report was not ready. He said, "how do you calculate your 60 days, do you consider weekends and public holidays? The report is not ready, it will be made public when it is ready."

However, two lawyers in separate interviews with our correspondent have expressed divergent views over the propriety of Ribadu to turn in his report within days.

Yusuf Ali, SAN, said that except it is included in the reference, 60 days under the law does not recognise weekends and public holidays.

But Femi Falana, SAN, on his part said the law does not expect anyone to work on weekends, saying that 60 days is not sacrosanct. "The 60 days is flexible under the law unless where there is a law backing that the submission must be on that day.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
http://allafrica.com/stories/201205010371.html

It is over 120 Days and any reports from the committee?
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by 1025: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
hahahahahahahahahahaha, nigerians are very funny ppl. ribadu was given presidential pardon over his excesses under obasanjo which led him to go on self exile and in rewarding jonathan, he acted as if he was running for presidency to spoil any chances buhari might have so the story continues. if any one is waiting for ribadu to bring any report, that one will wait forever.
meanwhile his partner in crime(el Rufai) came back and refused to work for jonathan and pdp and now his own presidential pardon has expired and he facing cases over his excesses under obasanjo after he was granted presidential pardon by the same jonathan.
pdp is just a useless govt and a gang of robbers.

2 Likes

Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by tobechi20(m): 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
I percieve the hand work of FEMI OTEDOLA
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
^^^ A PDP supporter stifling investigations run on behalf of a PDP government? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
I guess he is readding th enames he might have removed after collecting some oteDOLLARS..

The fear of Otedola is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by anishe(m): 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
See Odechukwu GEJ tactics to stiffle Ribadu. Ribadu is a LOST soul. Retardeen, i fear you o.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Demdem(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
small small, the killer party just dey rubbish Ribadu's reputation. I never wanted him to pick up the post at all
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by miteolu(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/956697/list-committees-inaugurated-gej-last

Committee of failure, no results, waste of resources. As everyone had said '' any one setting up too much committees means the person is very lazy, empty up-stair, having no confidence, and creating rooms for more corruption''
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by justaqad(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
the more you look the less you see.......
Shake my head for nigeria....
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
The more you look the less you see.

Maybe we need another committee to find out why the Ribadu committee has not submitted its findings
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by chucky234(m): 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
I am laughing in fijitsu slangs...
Who is expecting report from Ribadu? He is part of GEJ's scripts,Nollywood actors.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by tessyade: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
This story capture my thought exactly. When i heard the news of a new commitee for fuel subsidy bla bla bla yesterday,i asked 'what could have happen to the Ribadu led commitee?' All we keep hearing is commitee this, commitee that, yet nothing ever come out of it. Nigeria i hail thee.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Report ko Rapport ni. If you're waiting for this report then you can wait for anything. The more you look the less you see. That's the diary of 21st century Nigeria.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
so?
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by alaoeri: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
The committee was created as an avenue for some people to chop money, ppl like agbakoba and rest τ̲̅ȍ silence them, had it being el-rufai is mute trust GEJ he would have fix him up to a committee. PDP share the money. Committee ko committee ni
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by deda(m): 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2012
angryi find it difficult to believe that pple are responding to this crap. are u guys now tellin me that LEVI AJONUMA is now speaking from his grave after we learnt he ws among those involved in the DANA air crash. and i also think that the source of this news shld be from heaven and not leadership news. naija na wa

1 Like

Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by diportivo: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2012
When contacted on the status of the committee's report, spokesman of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Levi Ajuonuma, said the report was not ready. He said, "how do you calculate your 60 days, do you consider weekends and public holidays? The report is not ready, it will be made public when it is ready."

Levi Ajuonuma undecided

Na wa oh
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
deda: angryi find it difficult to believe that pple are responding to this crap. are u guys now tellin me that LEVI AJONUMA is now speaking from his grave after we learnt he ws among those involved in the DANA air crash. and i also think that the source of this news shld be from heaven and not leadership news. naija na wa

Stop your crap!
The link is there for you to verify the date this report was printed. Matter of fact, if you ever used your head one bit, you would have realized it has been more than 60 days(more than 120 at this time) since The Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force was set up.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by slimdiggi: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
The COMMITEE report has ended wher all odas have...in the archives of commitee reports
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by sunkoye: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
even an half brain man knows Ribadu took a wrong and the usual turn. dats just him.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by OAM4J: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
deda: angryi find it difficult to believe that pple are responding to this crap. are u guys now tellin me that LEVI AJONUMA is now speaking from his grave after we learnt he ws among those involved in the DANA air crash. and i also think that the source of this news shld be from heaven and not leadership news. naija na wa

The story the OP posted is more than 60 days old, then it was just 60 days after Ribadu committee was set up, excuses were given for the correct interpretation of 60 days and that was when Late Levi Ajonuma was also quoted. The OP is saying it is now more than 120 days, still no report. What is the excuse now?
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by werepeLeri: 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
1025: hahahahahahahahahahaha, nigerians are very funny ppl. ribadu was given presidential pardon over his excesses under obasanjo which led him to go on self exile and in rewarding jonathan, he acted as if he was running for presidency to spoil any chances buhari might have so the story continues. if any one is waiting for ribadu to bring any report, that one will wait forever.
meanwhile his partner in crime(el Rufai) came back and refused to work for jonathan and pdp and now his own presidential pardon has expired and he facing cases over his excesses under obasanjo after he was granted presidential pardon by the same jonathan.

How can someone in his right mind say the bolded?
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Shinor(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
FORGET RIBADU...........................Sad Case. I guess he was broke and couldn't resist the temptation to take up the appointment. Not only is his report not ready, he has been NOTICEABLY quiet despite the brouhaha and pandemonium that has cocooned our dear entity
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
1025: hahahahahahahahahahaha, nigerians are very funny ppl. ribadu was given presidential pardon over his excesses under obasanjo which led him to go on self exile and in rewarding jonathan, he acted as if he was running for presidency to spoil any chances buhari might have so the story continues. if any one is waiting for ribadu to bring any report, that one will wait forever.
This is why we say people should stay off gbana.....
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by werepeLeri: 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/23454/2012/05/02/our_report_oil_revenuell_soon_be_ready_ribadu.html

Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the presidential candidate for the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Malam Nuhu Ribadu, yesterday said the report of his committee - the Petroleum Revenue Task Force would be ready soon.

Ribadu disclosed this to LEADERSHIP, during the 50th birthday ceremony of the Chairman of LEADERSHIP, Mr. Sam Nda-Isaiah in Abuja, that his 17-man committee was working assiduously to come out with its report soon.

Ribadu said: “My committee is seriously working and will soon complete its assignment and submit its report. I want Nigerians to understand that my committee is different from the one of the National Assembly, because the assignments are different, but I assure Nigerians that my committee will soon submit its report.”

Meanwhile, Ribadu at the occasion which held at the International Conference Centre, described the newspaper publisher as a friend and a patriot.

“Mr. Sam Nda Isaiah is foremost a friend, and also a patriot. I consider him as an important Nigerian who have played great role in the history of our country, particularly in the last couple of years. He is celebrating an important landmark, and we are here to celebrate him,” said Ribadu.

He further stated that, Nigeria needs more people like Sam, “We need more people like Sam, and I encourage him to do more in the media side to promote democracy. I wish him more years.”

1 Like

Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by superior1: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
@ OP you know i was just thinking of that when i heard over the news that the president has constituted a new subsidy review committee or so yesterday. Why do we have all these committees when there is no result? is this not a monumental waste of public funds?
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Castos(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
U guys are making empty comments. Even if GEJ decides to set up 100 commitee till 4eva, it's for your own good and sake. Whatever GEJ does is bad, even the best is Concedered worst. Nigerian, how stupid are some of us! You that insults and blames GEJ, have you tested leadership before? I bet, you've not tested a class prefect not to talk of labour prefect in your primary schooling. My point is, if GEJ thinks that setting up a commitee to get Ribadu's report is the right decision, then we follow and respect that idea. Let it be that the mission was not then executed, then you can blaab. Thank you.
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by Castos(m): 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
superior1: @ OP you know i was just thinking of that when i heard over the news that the president has constituted a new subsidy review committee or so yesterday. Why do we have all these committees when there is no result? is this not a monumental waste of public funds?
NO!
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by MZmuaz: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
what do u ppl expect from thief sending a thief an eran
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by ozoebuka1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
when will they stop bringing all these committes? if i tell u how much these guys are been paid just to answer committe, u will squirt!..imao, after which they wil stil steal from da national pocket!.. its quite unfortunate that i hate ma country as a nation but not as an individual!smh
Re: 120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready by superior1: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
Castos: NO!

Educate me, what can we call it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Abubakar Shekau Dead??? (photo Evidence) / Onitsha: The Bini And Igbo Connection / Young Boy Commits Suicide Over Peter Obi’s Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.