Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses (14132 Views)

Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by PetroDolla: 2:50am On Jul 07, 2012
trimwis:

You can see how criminal minded Ghanians are they are using their tax payers money to pay This petrodolla to post on nairaland on their behalf. lazy monkeys who dont want to work hard

do i need to be paid to defend my country? even you nigerians think your crappy shitty country is worth defending, not to talk of Ghana, a respected country in the global community?modafuckas!

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by AmplifiedPimp: 3:22am On Jul 07, 2012
Ghanians are snitch. Always trying to compete with 9ja.. Useless wannabe pple. I've been there b4 n ghana can not be compared 2 Ph, not to mention Lag. My 9ja pple plz leave that inferno land n come back home n invest..

Lazy ghanians!

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Rich0018: 3:44am On Jul 07, 2012
Ghanaians like Nigerians,all over the the World Nigerians and Ghanaians get along, from U.K Ireland and now in the USA where ever i meet a Nigerian i see him as a Ghanaian because we share everything in common. Ghanaian Churches and Mosque pray for Nigeria for stability because we know stronger and progressive Nigeria will impact the sub region if not all Africa positively. Its very unfortunate some folks post article here just to unleash anti Ghanaian sentiments among Nigerians. To our brother and sisters in Nigeria, Ghanaians have nothing against you.

11 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 4:00am On Jul 07, 2012
Rossikk:

Common shut your trap, bush man. Go to the UK and America, it's filled with Indians and Chinese in their millions. They even have 'China Town' specially created for them in those places. Indians and Chinese even flock to Nigeria these days. Plus the same Ghana. So by implication it means their own countries must be really fu.cked up since they are all fleeing from there? Educated illiterate! Or should I say, Know-nothing Dunce!

If anything, Nigerians travelling abroad in droves for trade and education indicates greater economic mobility and empowerment caused by rising incomes. I know they didn't teach you that level of economics in your Primary 2 final exams.

sir have u lived in ghana before?and if you have pls sir for how long?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Les: 4:40am On Jul 07, 2012
PetroDolla:

Shut the Bleep up you fucking slowpoke! dirty, rotten slowpoke! you are not even fit to polish my shoes,slowpoke! Even if you live for another 300 years you can't achieve one-tenth of what I have achieved in my life so far,huh?
can you imagine?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 07, 2012
all4naija: Is that lady Ghanaian?!

Is that a lady?

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Les: 4:44am On Jul 07, 2012
Rich0018: Ghanaians like Nigerians,all over the the World Nigerians and Ghanaians get along, from U.K Ireland and now in the USA where ever i meet a Nigerian i see him as a Ghanaian because we share everything in common. Ghanaian Churches and Mosque pray for Nigeria for stability because we know stronger and progressive Nigeria will impact the sub region if not all Africa positively. Its very unfortunate some folks post article here just to unleash anti Ghanaian sentiments among Nigerians. To our brother and sisters in Nigeria, Ghanaians have nothing against you.
shut up!
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Les: 4:55am On Jul 07, 2012
Rossikk:

If you're dumb enough to believe that fraudulent, nonsensical statistic, it's no wonder you're dumb enough to type the above rubbish.
even the poorest of dudes recharge there phones wit more than #200 everyday tokless of food, na wetin dis dem ghanist go hear wella cos it's very much applicable in dat their shi.thole country of a tin!
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Biggyd2: 5:02am On Jul 07, 2012
If Nigerians cant keep to their law, why wont they just come home. We need to look inwards at ourselves on how to move forward. But our leaders must help. We cant hide from that fact. Today, Ghana dey wind mouth anyhow. They want us people out of their country, fine. But do they want to also drive us from Nairaland? That, I don't understand. I no blame anybody sha. I wish our leaders would also see these threads and start thinking. https://www.nairaland.com/982587/ghanaian-government-closes-nigerian-businesses (I dont think the dragons on NL have seen this). Seems Ghana has started a full blown e-war against Naija.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Biggyd2: 5:05am On Jul 07, 2012
[
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Les: 5:16am On Jul 07, 2012
PetroDolla:

you mean those *okotoko igbo money ritualists? We all know how those igbo people make their money so don't come here talking as if you are talking to ignorant people shocked the spare parts and other stuff they do are just a front. look, nothing works in nigeria today *apart*
do you see how backward dis guy's mind is? Mr, we de 2012 not 80s so wake up. Even if you de 10 000Bc, i no care atleast you believe we gat d cash and gat d mansions, how we get am, how e take join u? You no go come beg like others you bars.tard. Atleast you said Apart, which 1 de work for dat ghana of a tin we go fit call apart, you insolent fool?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by gst101: 5:39am On Jul 07, 2012
we say ghanas education is better than naijas education. But how comes thye have not produced the likes of wole soyinka, chinua achebe, chimamanda, philip emegwali, sanusi lamido etc. Mention one ghananian intellectual that will immediately be recognised by anyone on the continent or the world.

3 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by info4bayempire: 5:51am On Jul 07, 2012
To all Nigeria business men out there is time you take decision and make sure the National assembly reform its trading policy with such contries like Ghana and d western world. If Ghana is asking for an outrageous $300,000 before an individual could invest in a baby country as theirs then Nigeria the Giant of Africa should place theirs' @$1 million.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by YoursGEJ(m): 5:56am On Jul 07, 2012
All ghanians should be required to pay the sum of $300,000 before they're allowed to post on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Elueme: 6:16am On Jul 07, 2012
Ghana has always portrayed greed.. They want to be economic power of West Africa, an agenda am not against but the manner they do it matters. Talking of economy, Nigerians trading in Ghana is because of new opportunities dia due to over saturation of our economy and under saturation of theirs which means our economy is far overblotted over theirs.. Just the way China or Japan citizens may invest in Nigeria, not because our economy is better but they are exploring on new opportunities and expanding their frontiers... Haters should get this clearly into their flicking heads
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Elueme: 6:18am On Jul 07, 2012
gst101: we say ghanas education is better than naijas education. But how comes thye have not produced the likes of wole soyinka, chinua achebe, chimamanda, philip emegwali, sanusi lamido etc. Mention one ghananian intellectual that will immediately be recognised by anyone on the continent or the world.
Food for thought.....

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 07, 2012
i jealous Ghana abeg. they r protecting and encouraging their poor masses small scale businesses by eliminating competitors, becuz am sure most of those Nigerian petty traders cant really afford the 300000k us dolls.... BTW Naija cant do anything! if u care to know.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Pimples(m): 6:36am On Jul 07, 2012
whao
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by bigboyk(m): 6:46am On Jul 07, 2012
I just don't understand Nigerians! Who are you to dictate to Ghana on how it runs its affairs? The Ghanaian law says that retail business is reserved for the locals, what's hard to understand there? For those saying Nigeria is better than Ghana, why are you then howling insults at 'poor' Ghana for trying to send Nigerians back to their 'paradise' country. This is simply a case of reaping where you did not sow. Where were Nigerian traders in the 70's and 80's when things were bad for Ghana? Back then, you were busy chasing out Ghanaians in droves and in demeaning ways and you were enjoying your oil boom. Nigerians, please learn to live in your country. Ghana is too small to contain us all. Leave us to run our 'poor' country. Punish our economy by 'leaving' our country. Nigerians are too obsessed with Ghana... Please, leave Ghana and see if we won't move on. We give you the title of 'Giant of Africa' because it seems you love titles alot. You are all conceited and have this misconception that nobody can be better than you. Egoists suffering from narcissism. My two cents.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 07, 2012
@Rossikk I once told you, you should know whom to teach. You only teach those that want to learn, you had better save your energy!
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by gst101: 6:47am On Jul 07, 2012
the very day the notice expired and their authority postponed their operations, i watched how a ghanian was ranting on NTAi against the postponement. And from the look in his face, i could tell he was so jealous of nigerias presence in her country. Its like he cant wait to play 'tit for tat'. you know the ghana must go thing na. The poor man even said some businesses are meant for ghanians alone as if nigerians are taking their jobs. Name one nigerian who is working in ghanas institution. Nigerians in ghana provide their employments for themselves a job that will vanish should nigerians leave
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by YoursGEJ(m): 6:57am On Jul 07, 2012
I say we bomb Ghana.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by gst101: 6:57am On Jul 07, 2012
when the notice expired and their govt postponed their operation, i watched on NTAi how a ghanian was ranting. expressing his anger and disaoppoinment against the postponement. From the look in his face, you could tell he cant wait to play 'tt for tat'. You remember the ghana must go tins na. He has forgot that the presence of his country on our soil back then and today isnt the same as ours on their soil. Back then and now they work in our institutions but nigerians in ghana dont work in ghana institutions they provide their jobs. A job that will vanish should we leave.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by bigboyk(m): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=gst101]we say ghanas education is better than naijas education. But how comes thye have not produced the likes of wole soyinka, chinua achebe, chimamanda, philip emegwali, sanusi lamido etc. Mention one ghananian intellectual that will immediately be recognised by anyone on the continent or the world. Mister, most of these guys were trained abroad. The main issue here is that Ghana wants you to leave her alone and return to your country full of intellects. By the way, if not Soyinka and SLS, who among those you mentioned lives in Nigeria?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by gst101: 7:12am On Jul 07, 2012
@bigboyk nobody is telling you how you are going to run your country. We are only being defencive against an anti-nigeria sentiment which you cannot deny exists in ghana. We have always seen you as brothers and that is why we come to your schools spending 1bn usd every year, we bring investment both big and smes to your country. Which single person has done this for you?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Megabyts(m): 7:13am On Jul 07, 2012
Begin what,when and how?its too late.what goed round comes around.
PetroDolla:

begin now, what are you waiting for?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by tunapawizzy: 7:21am On Jul 07, 2012
dedeike: I know that unless you find a way to squeeze in blames for Jonathan, you will not be happy to respond to this issue. What has Jonathan got to do with this resolve by Ghanian authorities to enforce their trading laws.

In Nigeria, we have become so accustomed to freebies and relaxed regulatory regimes that we do not bother to take certain things serious. I'm happy that it is a Ghanian authority that is closing these shops for non adherence to existing laws, if it were in Nigeria, NLC will go on strike and people will castigate govt for closing down businesses from where the common man earns his daily bread. The whole issue will be so sensationalized in such a way as to depict the insensitivity of govt to the people's plight.

What I'm yet to come to terms is what you want the Nigerian govt to do? In your myopic view, the ambassador of Nigeria to Ghana should liaise with the Miinister of Foriegn affairs to stop Ghanaian authority from enforcing the provisions of a law enacted since 1994? Even when they have gone the extra mile to give concessions to Ecowas indegenes( Nigerians inclusive) you still want our government to persuade them to allow Nigerians operate business without registration? You are not serious.

The Foriegn affairs ministry have more serious issues to contend with. And contrary to your warped opinion about our Foriegn affairs ministry, they have really demonstrated passion for its citizens in diaspora. For the first time in our Foriegn relations history, the govt stood its grounds and reciprocated the repatriation of Nigerian citizens from South Africa on account of the controversial yellow card. we saw how top south African business men in Nigeria were turned back at our airports in retaliation before reason prevailed and the diplomatic row settled. THE TRUTH SHALL ALWAYS SET US FREE.
For heaven sake did I castigate Jonathan? Did I say nigeria should liaise with Ghanian authority not to enforce their own laws? Weytin I do u wey u cum decide to abuse me based on what I didn't say. Read ma post again, I clearly said RECIPROCITY is d only way out n like 3 times I mentioned we cannot make policies for them. Honestly I don't know how to help you, ur case is pathetic, if u can't read and understand, I just have to give up on u. Pick another target, don't drag me down to ur level.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by genxris: 7:27am On Jul 07, 2012
I am nt against d ghanians trying to protect their small scale biz industry bt in doing it,they should av a human face cos nigeria sheltered & exposd them to whatever they tink they knw today..my problem is wit sum nigerians that send their kids to skols in ghana (private skols for that matter) when we have both good public and private skols over here.. We have given so many small countries reasons to spit at us and that's so bad.

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by slowice(m): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2012
Rossikk:

Oh shut your ignorant trap. ''Few natural resources''?? ''Built up her economy''?? Where? Which economy did Ghana build up? This is how you idiots come in here to peddle all sorts of nonsensical myths and fairtytales about ''wonderful Ghana'' while the vast majority of that country is wallowing in poverty and illiteracy despite their tiny population which their huge resources should be able to address.

In fact if you ask me, Ghana is doing far worse than Nigeria considering their huge natural resource endowments with only 20 million mouths to feed. The reason Nigerian (Igbo) traders flock there is the same reason they flock to Sokoto and Kano - high public demand for goods due to shortage of Ghanaian traders and entrepreneurs, which in itself is caused by their poverty and corruption. Not because there is anything special about Ghana. Meanwhile their corrupt leaders, just like in northern Nigeria, are encouraging their people to blame the 'outsiders' for their woes in order to divert attention from their own leadership failures.

Tell me: Why would they even be in that position where foreigners are coming in to sell and make profit? If their govt had provided for their people, empowered their people, why would any Nigerian trader find space in Accra to sell anything? Is it not because of the poverty of the average Ghanaian that such spaces exist? How many Ghanaians can find space to trade in Alaba market in Lagos? Or Onitsha? Or Aba? In fact if you ask me, Nigeria has done BETTER by providing more people the opportunity and capital resources to trade far and wide, both in Nigeria and into other countries. But do we appreciate that benefit? Oh no. Useless ingrates.

Here is an article from a Ghanaian who sees things very differently from your stupi.d rose-tinted view!!

Corruption And The Greedy Bastards In Ghana

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=236645

''Ghana has a total land area of 92,100sq.miles stretching 672 km north to south and 357 km east to west. Ghana’s physical size makes it about the same size as Great Britain. Out of a total land area of 23 million hectares, 13 million hectares representing 57% is suitable for agricultural production, whiles 5.3 million hectares representing 39% of this is under cultivation. Ghana is blessed with rich mineral resources such as gold, diamonds, manganese, limestone, bauxite, iron ore as well as various clays and granite deposit.

It is an incontrovertible fact that Ghana is the second largest producer of gold in Africa, second largest producer of cocoa in the world, second largest exporter of wood and wood products and third largest producer of timber in Africa. Can anybody tell me why we are still poor? It is a shame that a poor country like Bolivia with a poverty level of over 50%, can allocate 23% of its annual budget to education, and is able to offer free education up to senior high school level, whiles we double-cross ourselves and assume it is not feasible here.

Is it not startling that we do not have any clear national vision on mobilizing our total manpower for the technological, industrial, economic, and scientific rebuilding of this country, so that we can produce the needed conditions which would result in an abundance of every good thing for the greatest welfare of the masses? The question most Ghanaians are asking is ‘‘what has become of the blessing of the wealth of our gigantic resources, the power of our endowments and the potentialities of our people’’? How can we grasp the prospects before us and meet the challenge to our survival?
We must admit that our leadership over the years has overwhelmingly been run along the lines of the “politics of the belly” a primordial lust for wealth and power along crude racial, tribal, party, and familial lines. In this system, government officials and politically connected business cream of the crop use their positions and authority to enrich themselves, their families and kinsmen at the purse and expense of the tax payer. It is also regrettable that the system our leaders have preferred in recent years thrives on corruption and nepotism...''

Read more:

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=236645
....my guy God will bless u and give u more 'big sense'...smtymes i wonder y nigerians re haters of themselve..we ve no love for anything nigeria....we pass judgement against our fada land wit the speed of a jet engine....we hardly think.....we just talk..a lot of shit.

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by sopreneur(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2012
Ghanians should not forget that the big boom in their consumer market was as a result of the efforts this same illegal hussler.They should probably provide them an opportuny to finish their good work.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 7:33am On Jul 07, 2012
when the ghanian professor made stupid comments and i plus sme other ppl rebuked him,dumb assoles came here to say he was saying the truth.wheb he added insult upon injury by saying nigerians are broken and shattered and we insulted him back nigerian morons came on nl and said we are the fool that he is talking sense.i never knew we had ghanians on this site.i said it then that th number aim of ghanians is to rubbish nigeria and nigerians ppl didnt listen.i ive here in ghana and i knw how backwrad they are.i have been saying it this ghana is not the paradie ppl are painting it.most ghanians in accra the capital cant speak english but i wnt like to go too much into this matter because i know some ppl on this site cant make a point withut casting insults.so well nairalanders we are there already let them keep abusing us since some of us will support them.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Curiouscity(m): 7:33am On Jul 07, 2012
Some responses to this thread makes me feels that we have no hope for a better future in Nigeria.
Is either we are too temperamental to reason or we just ignorant of why rules and laws are made in
a state. Must we always defend our lawless nature?

So for a country to enforce their law, it is jealousy yet we want our leaders to be accountable and transparent?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 CBN Circulars That Calmed FX Market / $9bn Has Been Used By FG To Defend Naira, Says Senate / N720bn Currency Swap Deal Attracts Nigerian Banks To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.