Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. (1232 Views)

Photos From Inside The Medview Plane That Crashlanded On Nov 5th In Lagos / Lagos Airport Police Arrest Passenger Smoking Aboard Arik Air Flight / Nigerian Man Dies Aboard Plane That Landed In Houston. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by Slizbeat(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2012
In the month of july 2009, i was aboard an Egyptair flight from Nigeria to the UAE. I was a first timer then but fear gripted the whole passenger when it was announced that the plane was loosing height after barely 3hrs+ on air(those of you who knows the time of flight to the UAE is 6hrs plus 3hrs for GMT=9hrs in all) due to some indications that air was entering the plane due to maybe a place unclosed. Behold it was true, the emergency exit was kicked open by a guy who the crew members and Air marshal suspected to be have swallowed some raps of drugs and maybe a rap had opened in his stomach making him to react. Mehn it wasnt easy for me as i started thinking East and west like
1. Ma grandpapa, neither ma own papa die for crash.
2. I never marry talkless of to born as God say make we come world come multiply.
3. Na ma 1st time, why i go just die like that?
4. After all the school wey i don go as at then, so na like that i go just die? e.t.c
Thank God the crew members used pilows to cover the exit and we managed to land safely at Egypt where we stayed a day before furthering our journey, though the guy was arrested on landing and taken to the Nigerian Embassey for further processes. A lady couldnt even walk after landing so she was brought down with a wheelchair. But i no go lie, egyptians treat us well o0, mehn see dinner na, 9ja no dey carry last na. The kind tin wey me chop ehcheesy, Share ur experience nlanders as una travel pass.
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by RAPMAN02(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
Funny u. Just tank god
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by Slizbeat(m): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
RAPMAN02: Funny u. Just tank god
ah tank God wella o0.
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by Vicjustice: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
Slizbeat: In the month of july 2009, i was aboard an Egyptair flight from Nigeria to the UAE. I was a first timer then but fear gripted the whole passenger when it was announced that the plane was loosing height after barely 3hrs+ on air(those of you who knows the time of flight to the UAE is 6hrs plus 3hrs for GMT=9hrs in all) due to some indications that air was entering the plane due to maybe a place unclosed. Behold it was true, the emergency exit was kicked open by a guy who the crew members and Air marshal suspected to be have swallowed some raps of drugs and maybe a rap had opened in his stomach making him to react. Mehn it wasnt easy for me as i started thinking East and west like
2. I never marry talkless of to born as God say make we come world come multiply.
4. After all the school wey i don go as at then, so na like that i go just die? e.t.c
Thank God the crew members used pilows to cover the exit and we managed to land safely at Egypt where we stayed a day before furthering our journey, though the guy was arrested on landing and taken to the Nigerian Embassey for further processes. A lady couldnt even walk after landing so she was brought down with a wheelchair. But i no go lie, egyptians treat us well o0, mehn see dinner na, 9ja no dey carry last na. The kind tin wey me chop ehcheesy, Share ur experience nlanders as una travel pass.

The story is questionable:
You can't kick open an emergency door, there is a mechanism that places it in the lock position, and it needs to be properly operated to open it.
The plane would not loose altitude if a cabin door is opened, what would have happened is, the plane would loss its cabin pressure and that would trigger the release of emergency oxygen masks
And because the oxygen mask can only sustain for 20 minutes, the pilots would have to descend to lower altitude where the air is thicker with richer oxygen
Yet, this incident (as frightening as it might seem) is definitely not enough to bring down a plane, and if all of the things that i mentioned wasn't observed, then, the story is exaggerated
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by onatisi(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2012
Slizbeat: In the month of july 2009, i was aboard an Egyptair flight from Nigeria to the UAE. I was a first timer then but fear gripted the whole passenger when it was announced that the plane was loosing height after barely 3hrs+ on air(those of you who knows the time of flight to the UAE is 6hrs plus 3hrs for GMT=9hrs in all) due to some indications that air was entering the plane due to maybe a place unclosed. Behold it was true, the emergency exit was kicked open by a guy who the crew members and Air marshal suspected to be have swallowed some raps of drugs and maybe a rap had opened in his stomach making him to react. Mehn it wasnt easy for me as i started thinking East and west like
this is one f the funniest stories .butt why did the guy kick the exit open did he want to fly or he thught he was doing a rambo film
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by Slizbeat(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi:
this is one f the funniest stories .butt why did the guy kick the exit open did he want to fly or he thught he was doing a rambo film
ah wonder o0, maybe im tink say e dy im room 4 house.
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by Slizbeat(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2012
Vicjustice:
The story is questionable:
You can't kick open an emergency door, there is a mechanism that places it in the lock position, and it needs to be properly operated to open it.
The plane would not loose altitude if a cabin door is opened, what would have happened is, the plane would loss its cabin pressure and that would trigger the release of emergency oxygen masks
And because the oxygen mask can only sustain for 20 minutes, the pilots would have to descend to lower altitude where the air in thicker with richer oxygen
Yet, this incident (as frightening as it might seem) is definitely not enough to bring down a plane, and if all of the things that i mentioned wasn't observed, then, the story is exaggerated
me dnt really knw hw he did it buh he did it. As a first timer then, what do i really know about planes and its operation and the kinda English terminologies used?
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by onatisi(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
;Dmaybe the guy tht kicked the exit was sleepwalking and he thought the plane had landed .or maybe he just got tired of flying and wanted to go back home .hahahaha
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by wurajone(f): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2012
onatisi:
;Dmaybe the guy tht kicked the exit was sleepwalking and he thought the plane had landed .or maybe he just got tired of flying and wanted to go back home .hahahaha

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by SirP1: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
I agree with @Vicjustice its impossible to kick open the door of a plane because the air pressure seals it shut, it could only be opened when the plane lands. Also, even if there was rapid decompression it wouldn't make the plane plummet ( lose altitude) , though it could make the ride uncomfortable
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by onatisi(m): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
i remember a story too , i was on a flight to India but i dot know our pilot missed his way and landed us in Bangladesh. he said he missed a turning , poor chap
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by SirP1: 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
@onatisi loool, he missed his way. How did that happen?? A trained pilot missing his way? What happened to the
radar, air traffic control, auto pilot, glide slope?
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by onatisi(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
Sir P!:
@onatisi loool, he missed his way. How did that happen?? A trained pilot missing his way? What happened to the
radar, air traffic control, auto pilot, glide slope?

it was my first time on a plane , i was scared , i think someone kicked open the emergency exit
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by SirP1: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2012
Oh cheesy my first time on a plane someone opened the window and the plane lost altitude .. Haha
Re: Ever Been Aboard A Plane That Seems To Crash??? Share Your Experience. by onatisi(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Sir P!:
Oh cheesy my first time on a plane someone opened the window and the plane lost altitude .. Haha

i forgot to add the plane was a convertible .the roof could open nd close.i saw the moon when the roof opened i was scared.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Prague / I Want To Move To Ghana / Emergency Travel Certificate For My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.