Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,502 members, 7,770,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:15 AM

Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (45950 Views)

Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon / 2015 Toyota War: Camry Vs Corolla Vs Avensis (2015) / 2013 Nissan Altima VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord (Pics), What Is Your Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by elviszzz: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2012
Avalon anytime, anyday......

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2012
Trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RR en-vogue.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by hart: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2012
Guys i want to buy a nissan pathfinder 2002 or 2003 has any one driven this ride? wats the fuel consumption like? hope that the parts are available. Does it has fuel economy like other suv.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Buchianom(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
Wow!! Dat means Avalon is so sweet,av always admired Camry though.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by ollybosieb: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
Avalon is top of the line Toyota cars.....Iam an avalon woman , i love my avalon anytime anyday ,it has never disappinted me.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by GudLion(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Jst bought a 99 avalon. Men! Dat car surely is sweet...avalon is realy roomy n cruises better dan even d 2004 crv I used before.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by GreenJ(m): 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
I luv this, just have to join the avalon team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by egift(m): 12:45am On Jul 11, 2012
GudLion: Jst bought a 99 avalon. Men! Dat car surely is sweet...avalon is realy roomy n cruises better dan even d 2004 crv I used before.

Is there any price range for the Avalon he described.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by TheMatrix3: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2012
The Avalon is like a fine sexy busty woman that though may be expensive to "maintain", (cos of its v6 engine, fuel consumption - as an American car as opposed to the traditional Japanese Camry, more roomy (mine can take 3 FAT adults in the front seat very comfortably))but you'd get value for your money when you "ride' her. grin

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by TheMatrix3: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2012
Note that the Camry is more popular in Nigeria (esp. the 99 "pencil mouth"wink cos its fuel efficiency is wonderful... very wonderful!. So if you must join the Avalon people, ready to dey buy fuel a bit more without complaining cool as a big boy concern
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by ACM10: 8:33am On Jul 11, 2012
Toyota Avalon 2003 model is relatively fuel efficient when compared to Toyota Camry 2003 model.

Toyota avalon 2003 model fuel economy
www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/18755.shtml
Fuel to drive 25 miles(40km) - 1.14gallon(4.3lites)

Toyota camry 2003 fuel economy
www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/18713.shtml
Fuel to drive 25 miles(40km) - 1.04gallon(4 litres)

Therefore, anyone who can fuel Toyota camry can also fuel Toyota avalon.
Also, there is little or no difference in maintenance cost of both rides. So I'll go for Toyota Avalon. cool

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Trac: 7:59am On Jul 12, 2012
Both cars are the same. Same engine and same transmission. Wheelbase is different. They all use the same parts.

Same with the Lexus. In some market, the Lexus is the Toyota. Lexus GS350 is Toyota Aristo. I think the Crown is the LS450. The Prado is what is GX. That's marketing for you. Same vehicle, one with three circles and another with an encircled L.

In the American market, the Avalon comes premium.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by olubolace(m): 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
Vickivicki: I'v been using 2000 model avalon since '09 which i'v over enjoyd n av been askin myself why change a winning team. Another 2003 model like your friend's is cooking,maintenance cost is overhyped just like if education is xpensive .............. fil in the gap. Thanks
I love your comment! I'm getting the avalon 2000 in three weeks, God willing. Was told the cost of maintenance is huge by people who hasnt used it... Thank you
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
sexkillz: Avalon all the way. . .

Some features on a 2005 Avalon are unavailable on a 2011 Camry. . .
Nice to see you away from romance.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by bigfather(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
Avalon all the way. Very smooth , strong ,classy ( not commonly used by small bois ) strong and sexy interior.

But better soup, na money kill am o !

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Martini101(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
olubolace:
I love your comment! I'm getting the avalon 2000 in three weeks, God willing. Was told the cost of maintenance is huge by people who hasnt used it... Thank you
. Just be ready to visit the gas station more but in terms of "classiness', performance and comfort, camry is still a learner when compared wit an avalon. Like sexkillz said 'a 2001 avalon is beta than a 2012 camry.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by sultaan(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
Comparing an as*(donkey) with a racehorse
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by cretin: 11:48am On Dec 19, 2012
comparing apples and oranges..
just like comparing nnissan and infinity.

camry aint in the same league with avalon...avalon outclasses camry in almost every dept..apart from mpg and maintaince cost
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by infolpf: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
This question in a sense is like asking "Mercedes E class or Mercedes C class"? The Camry and Avalon are siblings, but the Avalon is definitely the elder, better built and more affluent sister. If you can afford the Avalon (not just purchase price, maintenance also) and you dont mind driving a longer (8 inches), boxier car, then by all means buy it. If you want a relatively more compact, trendier, younger style, Camry is for you. I find both a bit too low for bad Nigerian roads, though, so be careful.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Toppie2(f): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
You're so right! But i think avalon's maintenance cost is overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Smillingjudge: 4:20am On Mar 06, 2013
d7thcaller:
@ Calculusx, you need to see how I avoid this keke na pepe, okada riders and even some motorists cos of my side mirriors. One keke na pepe driver even broken one of my sisde mirrors and it cost me N26k to buy and fix a new one. I think that changing the side mirrors might not look beautiful on the car.

I will choose Avalon to Camry anytime anywhere though Avalon's fuel consumptions appears to be higher but its efficiency and classic and roomy interior beats that of Camry. Avalon's effizy too much.
@ Calculux, what other part or services that costs high in avalon, i want to pick an avalon 2007 any moment from now, pls advise

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Smillingjudge: 4:21am On Mar 06, 2013
Smillingjudge: @ Calculux, what other part or services that costs high in avalon, i want to pick an avalon 2007 any moment from now, pls advise
@ d7thcaller, please i advise, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by infolpf: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Trac: Both cars are the same. Same engine and same transmission. Wheelbase is different. They all use the same parts.

Same with the Lexus. In some market, the Lexus is the Toyota. Lexus GS350 is Toyota Aristo. I think the Crown is the LS450. The Prado is what is GX. That's marketing for you. Same vehicle, one with three circles and another with an encircled L.

In the American market, the Avalon comes premium.

I respectfully disagree, Sir. Both are NOT the same. Without going into engine and performance specifics, one is without question more luxurious than the other! Prado same as the GX? Only if you have never ridden in both. While they are both based on the same exterior design, the Lexus GX is unquestionably a LUXURY, compared to the plastic and iron interior of the Prado. Suspension is totally different also, giving you a totally different riding experience! Its like saying the Lexus LX is the same as the Toyota Land Cruiser! The $20,000 to $40,000 price difference is well justified, IMHO!
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by d7thcaller: 10:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
Smillingjudge: @ d7thcaller, please i advise, thanks.

@ smillingjudge...the only parts I have continuously changed in my Avalon is oil filter and brake pads. The oil filter costs me N2.5k and d original fro
nt brake pads cost N18k @ toyota service center. Hub cost N17k while bolt joint cost N7k. Aside these I have not changed any other thing. It has been a smooth ride. Please make sure ur fuel level does not go below 80-90miles cos that will cause ur nozzles to block with dirt. Enjoy ur ride.
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by ordize: 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Personally I prefer the avalon, I own a limited 07 black avalon.. Got it at 68,000 miles and I'm at 140,000 right now with zero regrets. I travel a lot and aside d shock absorbers I replace often its a very good car. Ave a couple of friends with the camry 07 and they all agreed with me d avalon na baba despite d plastic button interior.. Camry still dey bow for am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by billyG(m): 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
Toyota camry 1999 Tiny light or Camry 1996-orobo which is better in terms of fuel comsumption,Ruggedness,cheap spareparts,low mtce cost?
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by abidav2000(m): 2:31am On Apr 02, 2018
Pls I don't seem to get a good gas milage on my 2002 Avalon. Half tank (within city) cannot take me 5 days. Is it the way Avalon is wired?
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by mejai(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
abidav2000:
Pls I don't seem to get a good gas milage on my 2002 Avalon. Half tank (within city) cannot take me 5 days. Is it the way Avalon is wired?
A lot of factors should be considered:

is ur check engine light on? if so, scan.

traffic/distance covered.

style of driving.... do u race on d 3rd mainland bridge ( if u r in Lagos)

check ur tyres for correct pressure

ur village people might as well be monitoring spirits grin

Finally, depending on ur distance, half tank is too small for a v6 to use within 5 days.
city driving consumes more fuel than highway trip.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by cakanihu(m): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Prestonvic:
Go for the avalon, its more technologically adanced, sexier interior, more power etc. Though a litle more expensive in maintenance but d parts last
longer than the camry,s. I love the ride, its for the biggest boyz hahaha...
Pls guys I will like to know it Avalon is fuel economy than Norman Toyota camry.pls answer urgent bro
Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by oweniwe(m): 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2018
cakanihu:

Pls guys I will like to know it Avalon is fuel economy than Norman Toyota camry.pls answer urgent bro

Avalon is meant for the Highway\Express.... If you travel a lot, forget about fuel and buy the Avalon.

But if you mostly drive within town, the Avalon's potentials would be wasting away.

I can never forget how one Avalon overtook my car and disappeared out of sight within 5 seconds shocked embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by Bizzyliss(m): 10:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
oweniwe:

Avalon is meant for the Highway\Express.... If you travel a lot, forget about fuel and buy the Avalon.

But if you mostly drive within town, the Avalon's potentials would be wasting away.

I can never forget how one Avalon overtook my car and disappeared out of sight within 5 seconds shocked embarassed
hahaha thats 2gr engine waving at u, engine like my lexus es350

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? by abidav2000(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Thanks bro. As for the village pipu, I'll give them proper monitoring henceforth. cheesy

mejai:

A lot of factors should be considered:

is ur check engine light on? if so, scan.

traffic/distance covered.

style of driving.... do u race on d 3rd mainland bridge ( if u r in Lagos)

check ur tyres for correct pressure

ur village people might as well be monitoring spirits grin

Finally, depending on ur distance, half tank is too small for a v6 to use within 5 days.
city driving consumes more fuel than highway trip.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / This N440m Camo Ferrari 458 Italia Can Only Be Used By The Army In Nigeria / Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.