Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:06 AM

Which Music Genre Is The Best? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Music Genre Is The Best? (1040 Views)

Nigerian Music Genre Is Not WACK / Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? / Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Music Genre Is The Best? by emmyitodo: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
personally for me music back in the days, say in the nineties was just hip hop or urban music and i know alot of people still do (no disrespect). my love for rock music really took me beyond the normal experience for most music lovers because i have learnt how to play the guitar and feel the emotion, passion and energy put into music.

pls share with us your favorite music genre and what it means to you.
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by mikuz(m): 10:45am On Jul 08, 2012
Rap music does it for me.
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by emmyitodo: 11:10am On Jul 08, 2012
@mikuz...i use to love rap and i do it to get attention back then in school. i can still rap:

DMX- ruff ryders anthem also am ready die
tupac- hell razor, changes,hit em up, dear mama....
ll cool J- doin it and recently (hush)
and even lil wanye- carter

But trust me my love for rock music is the peak of music for me
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by mikuz(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
And i guess Linkin Park is your favourite.
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by emmyitodo: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
mikuz: And i guess Linkin Park is your favourite.

you are not far from it though. i have been able to trim my favorite(s) to:- Linkin Park, Coldplay, nickelback and 3DD in no particular order. i also fancy daughtry too.
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by Rocktation(f): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
Rock rules any day! Like I need to say much. I love the fact that it's lyrically deep and all and I wouldn't always have to listen to anyone sing about waking up to brush their teeth and then eat and then...urgggh. There's a lot more to the genre really buh...relaying it can be as deep as it is in itself.
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by emmyitodo: 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
@rocktation...i agree with u completely. rock deals with alot of social issues that is devoid of sexual innuendos and explicit cotntent. Am tired of artist bragging about everything that is suggestive of vileness and violence.
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by mikuz(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
Paradise by coldplay . . .the song don put me under spell. How do i stop playing it ? cheesy
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by emmyitodo: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
mikuz: Paradise by coldplay . . .the song don put me under spell. How do i stop playing it ? cheesy

she dreams of paraa..paraa...paradice x2 everytime she closed her eyes.

scientist, shivers, in my place and lovers in japan by coldplay aint bad at all for hip hopper like u. these songs are slow though but enjoyable.
Re: Which Music Genre Is The Best? by daryoor(m): 5:06am On Jul 09, 2012
its definately, hip hop and rnb, hip hop is the most contagious music genre, not just the music but the culture as well. Rock is associated with the goth, hippie and punk culture . iv neva seen a black or an asian goth. But iv seen hip hop culture being imbibed by all races and region: Europe, the middle east, asia, the americas. From my own view, hip hop is to music as soccer is to sport.

(1) (Reply)

Danny Krane Condom Sir Freestyle Vs PSY Gangnam Style / D'prince Goody Bag / FRESH MUSIC Tee-blaq – Nicky Minaj Ft. Olamide (jay Pizzle) | Www.newswrita.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.