Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Mouse Refuses To Work On Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mouse Refuses To Work On Laptop (933 Views)

Help!!! My Simple Server Refuses To Work After Upgrading To Windows 10 / Please Can I Play Ps3/ps4 Games On Laptop? / How To Bypass Password On Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mouse Refuses To Work On Laptop by chux76(m): 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2012
My mouse suddenly stopped working on my Laptop but works perfectly on my Netbook. Every other stuffs like my Modem,Ext HDD etc. works on the Laptop when connected via the USB ports but the mouse just refuses to work. What could possible be the problem,since the mouse works on another Netbook I own?
Re: Mouse Refuses To Work On Laptop by Maleeq(m): 10:54am On Jul 08, 2012
Possibly, the USB mouse was explicitly disabled.

Try this:
1. Plug in the USB mouse.
2. Press the key combination: Windows key + R (This should open up the run command dialog)
3. Enter main.cpl and click the OK key.

This would open up the mouse properties dialog:

4. On the "hardware" tab, under the "devices" section, do you have 2 entries atleast listed?

If yes, repeat for both options:

A. Select a device and click on "Properties"
B. Go down to the "Device Usage" section in the dialog that opens up and select[b] "Enable"[/b]:

C. Click through "OK" to close open dialogs and test your USB mouse if it works.

If no, then perhaps the mouse/HID driver has been un-installed or is corrupt. But then, verify the above procedure doesn't work and then we'd/I'd walk you through this option.

Cheers!
Re: Mouse Refuses To Work On Laptop by chux76(m): 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tnx bro...Let me try it and I will give you feedback. Tnx a lot

(1) (Reply)

Thin Client / Hidden Powers Of The Mouse / Windows 8/8.1 Internet Data Consumption- Solution Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.