Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? (5924 Views)

We Will Teach You How Cook Any Kind Of Soup / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
I have always thought of the tribe with the highest variety of soup. I think the yoruba people has the least variety; okro,ewedu....
Please kindly name the tribe you know with the different soup they prepare;
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by tpia5: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
thank you for beginning your post with english soups.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by flow1759: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
ibo has so many delicious soup; ofe nsala, ofe oha, ofe olugbu, ofe owerri, ofe ogbono, ofe okazi, ofe ugba ...... And d list goes on. OFE means soup.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
tpia@:
thank you for beginning your post with english soups.

English soups? Lmao!
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by buklan: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
flow1759: ibo has so many delicious soup; ofe nsala, ofe oha, ofe olugbu, ofe owerri, ofe ogbono, ofe okazi, ofe ugba ...... And d list goes on. OFE means soup.

i totally agree wiv u. smiley
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Egbagirl(f): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
AJJ: I have always thought of the tribe with the highest variety of soup. I think the yoruba people has the least variety; okro,ewedu....
Please kindly name the tribe you know with the different soup they prepare;

But why have you started by mentioning that the Yoruba's have the least? Why didnt you start your post with which tribe you think has the most variety according to your question? kmt

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
Egba girl:

But why have you started by mentioning that the Yoruba's have the least? Why didnt you start your post with which tribe you think has the most variety according to your question? kmt
That was a thought; all u have to do is prove it wrong.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
Egba girl:

My dear, that was just a thought. All you have to do is prove it wrong if it is.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Kaynee: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Haba we all know say na calabar people get highest variety of not just soups but very delicious soups, so no debating

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by y2kaustin(m): 7:38am On Aug 07, 2012
flow1759: ibo has so many delicious soup; ofe nsala, ofe oha, ofe olugbu, ofe owerri, ofe ogbono, ofe okazi, ofe ugba ...... And d list goes on. OFE means soup.
....Yoruba
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by razznaija(f): 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
I think its Ibo
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Mustay(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2012
AJJ:

My dear, that was just a thought. All you have to do is prove it wrong if it is.

Is that the hypothesis for your research or the OP's?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2012
Mustay:

Is that the hypothesis for your research or the OP's?
Is this your own answer to the question?
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Mustay(m): 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
It's the answer to your own unproven 'hypothesis', imagination or suggestion.

Moreover, it's proven that Nigerians like responding to a question with another question - the reason why we have a thread dedicated to that under the FORUM GAMES.

So, dear how did you prove your 'thought' not wrong?
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mustay: It's the answer to your own unproven 'hypothesis', imagination or suggestion.

Moreover, it's proven that Nigerians like responding to a question with another question - the reason why we have a thread dedicated to that under the FORUM GAMES.

So, dear how did you prove your 'thought' not wrong?
Thanks for the non-experimental analysis of the so-called suggestion,hypothesis.......! What tribe do you think has it? Consider it a form of questionnaire for you.
Since its a raw hypothesis to you.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Mustay(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Can you please include some options in your questionnaire?

Remember we have 3 major tribes and over 300 still.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Mustay(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
May I add that you include a poll to this topic too.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2012
Yea, correct tribe information. Any one belonging to the minor tribe can also contribute. Are you from the minor? The questionnaire is for you alone! So you ll answer in the academic format. Lol!
Thanks for the suggestion of a poll.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Curiouscity(m): 1:41am On Aug 18, 2012
OK, lets start by naming the soups: Edikang Ikong, ukwoho afang, afia efere ndek iyak, afia efere ebot, afang ikon, etighi ye ikon, Otong, abak atama, etinkhene, editan, mkpafere, etidot.

If you have eaten any of the above, name the tribe where you can fine these and more?
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Rossikk(m): 2:47am On Sep 04, 2012
I knew an African-American babe once who told me her Yoruba boyfriend chided her for ''bringing Ibo soup'' into his house. She had come home with a bowl of soup prepared by her Igbo workmate or something. Apparently the boyfriend warned her very strongly never to make the mistake of bringing ''Ibo soup'' into his house. cool
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 04, 2012
Rossikk: I knew an African-American babe once who told me her Yoruba boyfriend chided her for ''bringing Ibo soup'' into his house. She had come home with a bowl of soup prepared by her Igbo workmate or something. Apparently the boyfriend warned her very strongly never to make the mistake of bringing ''Ibo soup'' into his house. cool

The lies people can formulate on NL just to serve their tribalistic purpose never ceases to amaze me.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by tpia5: 5:08am On Sep 04, 2012
Rossikk: I knew an African-American babe once who told me her Yoruba boyfriend chided her for ''bringing Ibo soup'' into his house. She had come home with a bowl of soup prepared by her Igbo workmate or something. Apparently the boyfriend warned her very strongly never to make the mistake of bringing ''Ibo soup'' into his house. cool

of course you're exaggerating for emphasis, but if the guy is not an adventurous eater, and also doesnt know what's in the soup, as in he's not familiar with the food, then she should simply learn what yoruba soup he likes and learn how to prepare it.

sounds like she or her workmate were being mischievious because EVERYBODY knows igbos are not yoruba and vice versa.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by KayDee4: 5:18am On Sep 04, 2012
Curious_city: OK, lets start by naming the soups: Edikang Ikong, ukwoho afang, afia efere ndek iyak, afia efere ebot, afang ikon, etighi ye ikon, Otong, abak atama, etinkhene, editan, mkpafere, etidot.

If you have eaten any of the above, name the tribe where you can fine these and more?

[size=13pt] Men see soups with first, middle and last names. cool cool cool. Recipe pls.

I have eaten edikang ikong with dog meat lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . Your quiz is a no-brainer.
[/size]
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by intertribal: 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] Men see soups with first, middle and last names. cool cool cool. Recipe pls.

I have eaten edikang ikong with dog meat lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . Your quiz is a no-brainer.
[/size]

I ATE ONE FROM A CALABAR GAL WITH HORSE AND DONKEY MEATS AND GUESS WHAT? FIRE, BRIMESTONE, ENERGY, SHOUTING HOOOOPPPSS DIP DIP DIP, 6 X A NIGHT, I WOKE AFTER 3DAYS AND SHE? IN THE OTHER ROOM DOING THE SAME WITH THE GHANA MAN.
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2012
intertribal:

I ATE ONE FROM A CALABAR GAL WITH HORSE AND DONKEY MEATS AND GUESS WHAT? FIRE, BRIMESTONE, ENERGY, SHOUTING HOOOOPPPSS DIP DIP DIP, 6 X A NIGHT, I WOKE AFTER 3DAYS AND SHE? IN THE OTHER ROOM DOING THE SAME WITH THE GHANA MAN.
Haba!
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by charloski(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
calabar has the most costly soup........ edikikom, afang, ....etc
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 18, 2012
charloski: calabar has the most costly soup........ edikikom, afang, ....etc
Costly
Re: The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2012
ibos

Though calabar soups are more delicious smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Honey Hunters Risk Their Lives To Get Honey From The Himalayas(Photos) / 10 Most Popular Cocktail Drinks. and their recipes / What's Your Favourite Fruit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.