Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} (7032 Views)

The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) / Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by DonaldGenes(m): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
ol boy ol girl "am pretty sure by now everyone in 9ja and beyond our shores can confess to the supremacy of AFANG SOUP as the best soup in this country" take it or leave it...i have tasted nearly all the other tribes soup but none can be compare to it."if you never tasted it oh boy i am sorry for you ohhhhhhhhhh" the aroma alone can make you salivate from far most specially if you use fresh pepper kaiiiiiiiiiiiii ...............common lets give it up to Akwa ibom jare.........if you think am lying ask Mr Biggs or Tantalizers or any top eatery...
the secret be say the soup dey really sweet dyeee the following day "omg scratches head"
Sonia, a canadian woman once confess:Is there a substitute for the afang if i cant find it in Canada?"

oya nah Here's how to cook it

Ingredient

1/2 cup blended or pounded afang leaves
water leaves
Beef or Goat meat (~2 cup)
Shredded dried Fish (1 cup)
1/4 cup of palm oil (halfed)
Grounded dried Pepper (1 teaspoon) (Halfed)
Salt to taste
Crayfish (3 tablespoons)
Maggi (2 cubes)
Direction

On low heat, Boil the beef- with salt and pepper (do not add water)
Once the beef is tender (30-45mins), add 1 cup of water, add fish, crayfish, grounded fresh pepper and 1/2 of the palm oil
Increase the heat to medium, Cover the pot and allow to simmer (about 10mins)
Add the spinach and allow to cook for another 10 minutes. Add the remaining oil, afang leaves, maggi and some salt. Simmer for 5 mins. Taste and adjust for seasoning (Salt). Simmer for another 5-7mins.
Serve with your choice of Fufu, Garri or Semolina
EnJoy
i need testimony

3 Likes

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by overdrive(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
So I cannot make do with 404 if I no c beef/goat.
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
I have tasted afang soup tho its cool buh I believe the following soups top the list
1.Egusi
2.Ogbono
3.Okro
4.Banga(hola at ma delta and edo peeps)
5.Owho
6.Pepper soup
7.Edikang ko soup(correction needed)
8.Ewedu..

Pls add urs to prove the op wrong
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by DonaldGenes(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
onuwaje: I have tasted afang soup tho its cool buh I believe the following soups top the list
1.Egusi
2.Ogbono
3.Okro
5.Owho
6.Pepper soup
8.Ewedu..

wait a min..........are you sure you are okay at all.......................wetin you dey talk
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by victorD3: 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
AFANG!! The love portion every Akwa-ibom or Calabar girl gives you plus a fantastic treat on bed and you forget about your mother and father as the bible encouraged.

1 Like

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Donalð Genes:
wait a min..........are you sure you are okay at all.......................wetin you dey talk
he said afang soup is the best soup in the world and I gave him list of soups that are better than afang...
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by fredopayee(m): 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
Give to Egusi soup with goat meat... U will even forget ur exams next day..with pounded yam.
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by Henrypraise: 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
@ op av u tasted owho evwri n starch? Popularly known as yellow + yellow; guy ar u a learner? Or urhobo mama don cook fresh fish banga soup for u dried on ewere or okalogwe den u balance put wit usi? Guy no make me vex o. Or make dem change d banga soup; use dried monkey n water leaf served wit ewere for rainin season. Guy abeg leave Mr biggs try madam 2 o'clock place. Onuwaje know wetin I dey talk.

6 Likes

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by redcliff: 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
Thread for bachelors to fantasize about their love for food :-)
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by AGgal(f): 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bro you're on point!

1 Like

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by tjskii(f): 8:28am On Jul 05, 2013
Really,will definitely giv this a try,but op,there was a day I tried cooking with Afang leaves(they weer thinly shredded)but by d time d soup was cooked d afang leaves werr still hard undecided,was there smthn I did wrong

And in d case of d water leaf,should it be more than d afang? Gimme a rough idea(price) of lik say ow much afang and water leaf wil be enuf for a pot of soup,

and again d waterleaf,shud I dry fry it(put it in a pot and let d excess water dry)or for afang soup,it dosnt matter if therz xcess water
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 10:23am On Jul 05, 2013
Henry praise: @ op av u tasted owho evwri n starch? Popularly known as yellow + yellow; guy ar u a learner? Or urhobo mama don cook fresh fish banga soup for u dried on ewere or okalogwe den u balance put wit usi? Guy no make me vex o. Or make dem change d banga soup; use dried monkey n water leaf served wit ewere for rainin season. Guy abeg leave Mr biggs try madam 2 o'clock place. Onuwaje know wetin I dey talk.
brotherly I dey feel u... Madam 2 o'clock where u dey abeg free OP make him dey mumu him never taste better soup
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by AGgal(f): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2013
tjskii: Really,will definitely giv this a try,but op,there was a day I tried cooking with Afang leaves(they weer thinly shredded)but by d time d soup was cooked d afang leaves werr still hard undecided,was there smthn I did wrong

And in d case of d water leaf,should it be more than d afang? Gimme a rough idea(price) of lik say ow much afang and water leaf wil be enuf for a pot of soup,

and again d waterleaf,shud I dry fry it(put it in a pot and let d excess water dry)or for afang soup,it dosnt matter if therz xcess water
D waterleaf wasn't enough dat's y it was hard. U dnt have to fry d waterleaf,just put it in d boiling meat stock and let it boil.

1 Like

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by greedie1(f): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2013
i don't lyk afang dat much
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by DonaldGenes(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
gree-die:
i don't lyk afang dat much
you don jonz be that my sister
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by Henrypraise: 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
redcliff: Thread for bachelors to fantasize about their love for food :-)

Guy na bachelor I be. I rep Delta cuisine full tyme.
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by pendusky(m): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
onuwaje: I have tasted afang soup tho its cool buh I believe the following soups top the list
1.Egusi
2.Ogbono
3.Okro
5.Owho
6.Pepper soup
8.Ewedu..

URE WRONG BRO. the one u ate na iya toyin cook am like say na ewedu? go to calabar cusine in vi and taste original AFANG SOUP. then u will confess AKWA IBOM IS THE LAND OF GOOD FOODS.

3 Likes

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by DonaldGenes(m): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
pendusky:

URE WRONG BRO. the one u ate na iya toyin cook am like say na ewedu? go to calabar cusine in vi and taste original AFANG SOUP. then u will confess AKWA IBOM IS THE LAND OF GOOD FOODS.
you dey mind the guy..........btw he is just being self-delusional................................
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
pendusky:

I have been to akwa-ibom and calabar b4 and believe me... U guys aren't good when it comes to soup.. Am not saying afang soup is not one of the best but there re other soups that are far far better

1 Like

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
Donalð Genes:
you dey mind the guy..........btw he is just being self-delusional................................

I believe to u... Afang is the best soup in the world but not to me..
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by DonaldGenes(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
onuwaje:

I believe to u... Afang is the best soup in the world but not to me..
what is your proof...............show me one brother
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
Donalð Genes:
what is your proof...............show me one brother

I have tasted afang soup b4 and its nothing compared to the egusi,okro,ewedu, native(ikwerre people)... Afang soup no join the league abeg

1 Like

Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by DonaldGenes(m): 12:57am On Jul 07, 2013
onuwaje:
I have tasted afang soup b4 and its nothing compared to the egusi,okro,ewedu, native(ikwerre people)... Afang soup no join the league abeg
you are just undeniably and unequivocally jealouse.....................gosh!!!!!!!!!! r u sure you from 9ja
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 8:03am On Jul 07, 2013
Donalð Genes:
you are just undeniably and unequivocally jealouse.....................gosh!!!!!!!!!! r u sure you from 9ja

Why we I jealous afang soup when there re better soups out there I never jealous banga,egusi,ogbono,ewedu... Na afang of all soups I wan jealous Common man.. Hate it or love it afang soup aint the best!!!!
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by DonaldGenes(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2013
onuwaje:
Why we I jealous afang soup when there re better soups out there I never jealous banga,egusi,ogbono,ewedu... Na afang of all soups I wan jealous Common man.. Hate it or love it afang soup aint the best!!!!
ask yourself how much does a plate of afanq soup cos in any biq eatery outlet and then you do the math
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
Donalð Genes:
ask yourself how much does a plate of afanq soup cos in any biq eatery outlet and then you do the math
I don't care bout the cost ma broda.. We talking popularity and if ur soup aint popular then its not d best

come to warri and look for afang soup I bet u na die get u cos u will never find

In ph the popular soups are- okazi,native

Its only in akwa-ibom and cross river... Ma brother there are many soups that re very very popular and they re best compared to afang soup... Simple
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by AGgal(f): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2013
@Donalð n onuwaje, its okay. One man's meat could be anoda man's poison. Wat's best 4 u can be worst 4 sum1 else
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2013
AG.gal:
@Donalð n oluwaje, its okay. One man's meat could be anoda man's poison. Wat's best 4 u can be worst 4 sum1 else

Correction!!! My name is ONUWAJE not "oLuwaje.... Thanks
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by AGgal(f): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2013
onuwaje:

Correction!!! My name is ONUWAJE not "oLuwaje.... Thanks
I stand corrected Mr O'n'uwaje,my post has been modified. Tnx
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by Kaynee: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
onuwaje:
In ph the popular soups are- okazi,native

Its only in akwa-ibom and cross river... Ma brother there are many soups that re very very popular and they re best compared to afang soup... Simple

Funny my bros but come o what do you think is Okazi?? Me like Afang o. I have tasted this native soup and the warri banga soup, but its not as reach and tasty as Afang. Even the lady that cooked the sweet banga soup for me confessed that Afang soup sweet die and she wishes she can perfect her cooking skills by learning how to prepare it herself!!!
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kaynee: Funny my bros but come o what do you think is Okazi?? Me like Afang o. I have tasted this native soup and the warri banga soup, but its not as reach and tasty as Afang. Even the lady that cooked the sweet banga soup for me confessed that Afang soup sweet die and she wishes she can perfect her cooking skills by learning how to prepare it herself!!!
I heard u... That's ur own point of view... But I don't see afang soup as the best
Re: 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics} by onuwaje(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
AG.gal:
I stand corrected Mr O'n'uwaje,my post has been modified. Tnx
noted!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Watermelon Is The Most Disappointing Thing I've Ever Seen In My Life / Chin Chin Expiry / Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.