Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer (16817 Views)

What Network Has The Best Call Tariff As At Today? / How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection / The Blackberry Z30! The Game Changer For Blackberry Guys!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by chidike(m): 7:20am On Jul 10, 2012
Please can we report this issue to the Nigeria communications commission? Glo is usually stable, but once in a while stuff like this happens and THEY DON'T COMPENSATE THEIR CONSUMERS. You call their customer care and they are all trained to say the same shit. 'We apologize it's as a result of unforseen circumstances and it will be up soon...since 2 nights ago o!' We need to be compensated wen the get their service running, see i don go subscribe for airtel's weekly.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by born2boink(m): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2012
GLO should return back ooooOoOOO MTN is not getting 3G inside my room
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 10, 2012
Glo "rule my a$$"!! sorry "rule ur asses" worst network so far!

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by charlsecy4(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2012
Don't be surprised if this Glo's Internet outage extends for an extended period of time, causing users who have already subscribed to data to lose their precious resources, and in the end nothing will happen.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by charlsecy4(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2012
born2fuck: MTN is not getting 3G inside my room

Why not bring your room outside?
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by luluosas(m): 8:11am On Jul 10, 2012
Glo Internet Users, Please Let's Bear With Glo!
Well, as much as I am not siding Glo for this internet blackout, which was anticipated earlier, I am not as well blaming or condemning them
completely because, it could have happened to anyone.
I therefore enjoin all Glo
internet subscribers, especially those who are connecting through Glo for their businesses, not to lose hope and I also expects Glo to reward 'all' their internet users with extended validity period,
to make up for the time lost because, this outage is not the fault of the subscribers and again, we demand quality service for our money at all times.
Thank you all for your loyalty, continued support and patronage. Rule your world! Glo.
Meanwhile, I have not check this morning whether the internet services is restored now. Thank you.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/doomsday-internet-blackout-dns-changer-fizzle-172421519.html
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by aca77: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2012
I have no doubt now that glo's servers are infected with viruses, and the blackout has to do with the DNS Changer thing, forget the claims about a cut in the glo 1 fibre cable or whatever. Maybe they re too ashamed to admit the truth. There's an issue I have been facing with glo's internet for a very long time: when I try to open some sites (e.g. Google Scholar), it often doesn't open because it says "uusual traffic from your computer network" or |your network is sending too many automated queries" - whatever that means. Sometimes it displays that annoying CAPTCHA message, and i have to type the displayed squiggly word to gain access to ordinary google search. This hasn't happened with my MTN internet network.

I can't believe glo can make such an elementary mistake, what are its engineers and so-called professionals paid to do? Seriously, I don't know why Nigerians cannot run a big company professionally. An entire internet service collapsing totally like that for a major national network? I doubt that can happen with MTN or Etisalat. Very very useless netwrk, if Nigeria was a sane country, glo would have been run down with hefty lawsuits and penalties.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by zaibatsu(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2012
Utter rubbish! When will Glo get serious about offering world class services? Over 20 million subscribers, yet no backup plan in case of fibre issues. And they expect to be taken seriously? Sad....
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by aca77: 9:11am On Jul 10, 2012
zaibatsu: Utter rubbish! When will Glo get serious about offering world class services? Over 20 million subscribers, yet no backup plan in case of fibre issues. And they expect to be taken seriously? Sad....

That is exactly the point. No back up plan, no anticipation of problems, no professionalism. Nothing. All they do is waste money on propaganda, false advertising, and useles "glo ambassadors" that serve no useful purpose to anyone at all. I think this is peculiar Nigerian problem, we just don't know how to apply best practices in managing big companies. It's pathetic.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by tomcat: 9:20am On Jul 10, 2012
there is a damage on glo-1 submarine cable.

My guesses are that it will take them a few days to fix it, especially if they need to bring a special ship like when SAT-3 was damaged 4 years back.

Let's hope that they can get backup link...but i wouldn't hold my breath.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by mamoussou: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2012
There is a submarine cable cut at 8.8km from their cable landing station at Alpha beach. Estimated time to repair is 10 days!!..The ship is sailing in from SA.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2012
aca77: I have no doubt now that glo's servers are infected with viruses, and the blackout has to do with the DNS Changer thing, forget the claims about a cut in the glo 1 fibre cable or whatever. Maybe they re too ashamed to admit the truth. There's an issue I have been facing with glo's internet for a very long time: when I try to open some sites (e.g. Google Scholar), it often doesn't open because it says "uusual traffic from your computer network" or |your network is sending too many automated queries" - whatever that means. Sometimes it displays that annoying CAPTCHA message, and i have to type the displayed squiggly word to gain access to ordinary google search. This hasn't happened with my MTN internet network.

I can't believe glo can make such an elementary mistake, what are its engineers and so-called professionals paid to do? Seriously, I don't know why Nigerians cannot run a big company professionally. An entire internet service collapsing totally like that for a major national network? I doubt that can happen with MTN or Etisalat. Very very useless netwrk, if Nigeria was a sane country, glo would have been run down with hefty lawsuits and penalties.

One of the problems with nairaland...people just talk stuff they don't have a clue of!!!...
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by luluosas(m): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2012
tomcat: there is a damage on glo-1 submarine cable.

My guesses are that it will take them a few days to fix it, especially if they need to bring a special ship like when SAT-3 was damaged 4 years back.

Let's hope that they can get backup link...but i wouldn't hold my breath.
The internet problem on Glo has nothing to do with Glo-1 cable cut. Thank you. You can visit here http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/doomsday-internet-blackout-dns-changer-fizzle-172421519.html
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by bestnetuser38: 10:57am On Jul 10, 2012
please i really want to be clear about this..i am using glo on my bb so i am experiencing this problem too but my question is..is it only glo that has this problem?? cos most cafe in my area seems not to have service..and also my friend using airtel on his bb is having this problem too...so who is really affected??
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by danzel13: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2012
Am affected too. Am giving Glo 48hrs before I switch to Mtn. :/
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by luluosas(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2012
bestnetuser38: please i really want to be clear about this..i am using glo on my bb so i am experiencing this problem too but my question is..is it only glo that has this problem?? cos most cafe in my area seems not to have service..and also my friend using airtel on his bb is having this problem too...so who is really affected??
Yes, at least here in Nigeria and Ghana.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by aca77: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
bLacK GoLd:

One of the problems with nairaland...people just talk stuff they don't have a clue of!!!...

So what is your point? If you work for the useless company called glo, that is your problem. Since you have a better "clue", why not tell us rather than making no point at all. I'm talking about an annoying problem I'm facing with only glo, and you're here saying rubbish.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by chidike(m): 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
luluosas:
The internet problem on Glo has nothing to do with Glo-1 cable cut. Thank you. You can visit here http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/doomsday-internet-blackout-dns-changer-fizzle-172421519.html
Dude wat are u talking about? According to that link u posted the DNS changer thing came and went without being really felt? U don read that link at all sef? If ur link has done anything, its enlighten me that its not the DNS changer, so i'll probably believe those who said a cut submarine cable is the cause, me sha don subscribe to airtel weekly.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by Daddybee: 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mine started since Sunday evening and no respite til now...GLO sucks cos dis is not the 1st time.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by exbash: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
D issue is frm Glo 1. Dey av a fibre cut inside sea. Some few kilometers away from d atlantic .d outage may last for 5-10 days... U can just hook up ur bb 2 any wireless internet and u got pinging...though u re restricted since u can't av it everywere u go..
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by pator(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
chidike:
Dude wat are u talking about? According to that link u posted the DNS changer thing came and went without being really felt? U don read that link at all sef? If ur link has done anything, its enlighten me that its not the DNS changer, so i'll probably believe those who said a cut submarine cable is the cause, me sha don subscribe to airtel weekly.
. Pls how much is airtel weekly and what is the code to activate it?
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by BertBob: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
Glo internet is down in Ghana too. Second day now.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by Haydon1: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by erniok(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
yes its back. what about our two days validity period that we lost. how do we reconcile that with glo undecided
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by temmytanny(m): 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
YEAH! its back and i have been rewarded with 40MB free
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by erniok(m): 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
yes. they extended my expiry period by 3 days. grin cool
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by arkitekt: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
If it were mtn dat fuckd their custy up lik dis.. Nairalander wld hav rained all kind of abuse n derogatory statemnt on mtn. Now dats is glo u guys were able to bear wit them.....mtn all d way.

1 Like

Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by Biggysmalls919(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
oh shiit, they are back? Ha ha ha, but they were never there in d first place. Ive not sent a successful sms nor browse on this network for years. As for calls, don't go there
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by infofirst(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
Relieved
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by opee1231(f): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
glo internet service will nt work till weekend. i was at d office today..i hope d attendant was sayin d truth sha.
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by Boboribo: 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
My own never work o
Re: Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer by luluosas(m): 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
chidike:
Thank you. For your information, I read that news before sharing the link. So, if what was anticipated eventually happened while Glo internet service were down at the moment, what then happen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo Blackberry 10 Data Plans? / Facebook To Start Paying Users For Uploaded Videos Soon / Etisalat Now Charge 2.00 For Sms To Other Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.