Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,754 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? (42116 Views)

Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Represent Your Primary, Secondary And College / About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
Check out these:

Wide River flowing so quicky past me
where are you going and what will you see
Passing forever so wide and so blue
Flowing so slowly at last to the sea.

Someone came knocking on my we small door.
Someone came knocking, I'm Sure Sure Sure
I listened, I opened, ilooked to left and right
But naught there was a stiring in the still, dark night.

only the busy beetle tap tapping on the wall.
only the cricket whistling when the dew drops fall.
Only from the forest, the screech owl calls
so i know not who came knocking, at all at all at all.

This should be from walter de La Mare
Macmillian primary six. I feel great remembering these!

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
I still recall this war song in its exact form :'I am gandoki the father of garba,gandoki the war-chief of the muslims,I live a charm life'.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by sexiestharam(f): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
I remember this: Mr. Sada is a farmer. He lives in sapele, he has a big farm. He grows yam, cassava, corn
and groundnut. On sunday, he doesn't work. He goes to church. Can you see the church in the picture? Also, I remember the story of d two best friends who were chased by a wild pig. The tall slim one had to climb a tree for escape, while the short
and fat one had to act dead on the ground so that the pig would believe he was dead. I also remember the two big chickens Mr. Nene brought home for christmas. Always made my mouth water. Lol
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
Primary Five.

I remember the catching story about Mai Idris Alooma of Bornu.

"The Mai, the King of Bornu married princess Aicha of Kanem"
This continued down to give the genealogy of the great Gandoki.

I know that the story lines ran around these "Heroes"

Primary 2: Ali & Simbi
Primary 3: Edet
Primary 4: Agbo
Primary 5: Wakamma
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
Reyginus: I still recall this war song in its exact form :'I am gandoki the father of garba,gandoki the war-chief of the muslims,I live a charm life'.

You just struck a cord in me there!

Recall this poem from primary 3.

Christmas is coming
the geese are getting fat
please put a kobo in the old man's hat
food is ready says mother, come and eat.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Icon4s(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
I remember d call & response style where a pupil will stand in front of d class 2 read aloud 4 others 2 respond. Oboi na craming work o! A child could read UNITS 1 & 2. & They ar asked read UNIT 3 or 4. They say "dem nova teach us"!

1 Like

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
i remember simbi goes to school
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2012
Icon4s: I remember d call & response style where a pupil will stand in front of d class 2 read aloud 4 others 2 respond. Oboi na craming work o! A child could read UNITS 1 & 2. & They ar asked read UNIT 3 or 4. They say "dem nova teach us"!
true talk broda
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Mystiqme: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
I am Gandoki...I live a charmed life.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Smhart1(f): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
Agbaya(s) lol. I enjoyed those days onlike now when all i read is mostly on chemistry.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by declem(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Here is the farmer,coming down the road,with yam and cassava,what a mighty load,famer oh farmer,please will you say why we only see you on a market day.......we used to sing it,instead of reading...primary 2
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by amy2882: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
I can run
I can play
I can run and play in the hay
May I go to play?
May I go to play in the hay
Do not say nay
Let me go and play in the hay

Queen premiere
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Olalekan0(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
smiley
elewedu: *Agbo lives in the town of lagoon which is not far from ibadan. He went to primary school, he was in primary four. Everyone like agbo because he was always ‎​ħαρργ and friendly. Agbo was a lucky boy, because his parents were rich. His father gave him a watch a watch and agbo was very proud of it . One day, agbo woke up very late , it was 7.30am, quickly agbo jumped up, picked up his soap ...dts all i came remember. Na wa o, i rem i was mad @ crammin den, sometimes i cudnt even read each of the words individually...but wit d books closed,♌ɑ̤̥̈̊ħ so i d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ fire, ♌ɑ̤̥̈̊ħ real wah. Central primary school ikeja, ose
Kai,you can fit to lie o
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Caracta(f): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
Two black birds sitting on the wall. One named Peter, one named Paul. Fly away Peter, fly away Paul. Come back, little black birds sitting on the wall.
#d birds must be p-square nw#
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Ogddebby(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
EZE GOES TO SCHOOL. Eze Adi hurried over his breakfast of cassava served with cold bitter leaf soup. It was the first day of the schook year.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Ogddebby(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
BRIGTER GRAMMAR. Ten green bottles standing on d wall, if one green bottle shud accidently fall down, there are nine green bottles standing on the wall.......bla bla bla
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by poj(m): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ megxo u got me laughing. Do anybody rememba those pictur of two xmas chicken, was it Alis father or edets father dt bought it?
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by meetmeonline: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
poj: @ megxo u got me laughing. Do anybody rememba those pictur of two xmas chicken, was it Alis father or edets father dt bought it?

I think I can, the mother was far the other end of the room proudly welcoming her man for the two fat white chicken...there was also a big bowl of food on the table....while the children played around the centre table filled with Christmas card
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Judexman(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
no... It was nene dat bought d chickens
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Ninilowo(m): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mr Bako and his family on tour of Nigeria. NOEC books 5 and 6
Alli and the angel.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by greall1: 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
Yeap

mmkamson: M afraid it is:
Obe baba jabolu obo oba

Ao ba baba be oba
Ao baa bbe....
Tade de Ade oba
Ao baa de
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by ask1509(m): 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
any body here read about the society of six . Chike & chinwe etc
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
mortee:

Let me finish it for you.
..."tea cake, pan cake, every (chop mouth) you need. Won't you (chop mouth) at half past three"

Tea cake, pan cake, everything you need. Won't we have a lovely time at half past three.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by nanidee(f): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
sexiestharam: I remember this: Mr. Sada is a farmer. He lives in sapele, he has a big farm. He grows yam, cassava, corn
and groundnut. On sunday, he doesn't work. He goes to church. Can you see the church in the picture? Also, I remember the story of d two best friends who were chased by a wild pig. The tall slim one had to climb a tree for escape, while the short
and fat one had to act dead on the ground so that the pig would believe he was dead. I also remember the two big chickens Mr. Nene brought home for christmas. Always made my mouth water. Lol

wow. . . I remember the 2 boys too cheesy. All the books used to seem so real to me at that time. I used to think they were all actual people.

Then there was Tinka and Konky . . . lol. There was also, Bintu and someone else (can't remember)

OMG!. . . the good old days. I would never give up my childhood days for anything. Those days were wonderful. There was a lot of discipline and orderliness. I really feel for this generation and present day schools in Nigeria cry cry

1 Like

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
meetmeonline: Who remembers,

This is the key to the Kingdom ***come and see***
In that kingdom, there is a city
In that city, there is a town
In that town......

****Who can go ahead****
In that town, there is a street.
In that street, there is a house.
In that house, there is a room.
In that room, there is a table.
on that table, there is a basket.
In that basket, there are oranges.

Orange in the basket.
Basket on the table.
Table in the room.
Room inthe house.
House on the street.
Street in the town.
Town in the city.
City in the kingdom.
This is the key of the kingdom.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by nk(f): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Obi and Nneka are in primary six which is the last class in the school. One day...

Can't remember much anymore, guess we use to memorize the reader then but it really helps greatly
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Sing along with me...

Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave..Hmm, haa, gone to his grave.

They planted a mango tree over his head.. Hmm, haa, over his head.

The mango grew ripe and ready to drop, hmm, haa, ready to drop.

Then came a whirl wind that blew them all up, hmm, haa, blew them all up.
Then came an old woman who picked them all up, hmm, haa, pick them all up.

Old Roger got up gave her a knock, hmm, haa, gave her a knock.

Which made the old woman to hipathy up, hmm, haa hipathy up.
What we particularly liked about this poem was how we demonstrated. Who remembers the demonstration then?

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by neosmyt(m): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
Una no try o... Una forget Ralia... Her mother was dead. Her step mother took care of her
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by meetmeonline: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
D.pinaku:
Sing along with me...

Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave..Hmm, haa, gone to his grave.

They planted a mango tree over his head.. Hmm, haa, over his head.

The mango grew ripe and ready to drop, hmm, haa, ready to drop.

Then came a whirl wind that blew them all up, hmm, haa, blew them all up.
Then came an old woman who picked them all up, hmm, haa, pick them all up.

Old Roger got up gave her a knock, hmm, haa, gave her a knock.

Which made the old woman to hipathy up, hmm, haa hipathy up.
What we particularly liked about this poem was how we demonstrated. Who remembers the demonstration then?

Oboy, na for Mushin you go school?

Na Apple them plant for my textbook oh!

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by yourangel: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
I still remember this: THE CLEVER DOVE

One day, a boy caught a dove. While it was in his hand, the dove said to him,"Please don't kill me. Let me tell you four things that will make you rich."
"What are they?", asked the boy.

"One -", began the dove, "always keep what you've got"
"I shall do that", said the boy, "I shall not forget. What's the second thing?"

"Two - Do not cry because you can't have what you want", said the dove.

"Three - When someone talks to you, you must stop and think."
"Why?" asked the boy.

"Because you will hear a lot of things that aren't true", answered the dove. "Now let me fly to that tree, and I shall tell you the fourth thing."
The boy let the dove fly to a nearby tree.

"What was the first thing I told you?", asked the dove looking down at the boy from the tree.
"Always keep what you've got.", answered the boy.
"You haven't done that, have you?" asked the dove. "You've let me fly away. And now, I shall tell you the fourth thing. Inside my body, there is a large piece of gold. It is as big as your hand."

When the boy heard this, he began to cry.

"You have told me the first thing I told you", said the dove, "Now what is the second?"
"Do not cry because you can't have what you want", answered the boy, and he stopped crying at once.

"You have told me the first and second thing I told you. Now what is the third?"
The boy stopped and thought for a moment, then he said, "There isn't any gold inside you, is there?"

"True there isn't", answered the dove, and it flew away at once.

4 Likes

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by okwytest(m): 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
Old Rodger is dead and gone 2 his grave.
Hmm haa gone 2 his grave.
They planted an apple tree over his head.
Hmm haa over his head
Which made d old woman go himpitin hum
hmm haa himpitin hum.
Twaz fun mehn...
i cant 4get dat dude dat stole Edet's watch.
How Agbo woke up late and blamed his watch.
Agbo's bros dat went 2 study EE abroad.
Buh simbi too deh play ooo..ROFLMAO
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Aksally(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
Isaactop9: who lives in the town of lagoon whic is not far frm ibadan.
Agbo Malaika primary four. For me that was 1984. Men I don aged o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Hilarious Differences Between Men And Women / 2013 JAMB CUT-OFF: List Of Universities And Their Jamb/post-utme Cut Off Marks / Unilag’s Best Student Scores 4.96 CGPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.