Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? (40343 Views)

Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Represent Your Primary, Secondary And College / About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by kalufelix(m): 2:12am On Jul 11, 2012
Punkinmusty: i remember simbi goes to school
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by kalufelix(m): 2:12am On Jul 11, 2012
Punkinmusty: i remember simbi goes to school
iti
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Heymus(m): 2:25am On Jul 11, 2012
Yeeesss!!! I cud rememba mr. & mrs Bako, 2. Ali goes 2sch. 3. Dis particular pic. Of a woman dat. Wanted 2throw her baby 2geda wit bathing water. 4. The pic. Of a lying dog. It was here i first heard "let lie d sleeping dog.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by kalufelix(m): 2:26am On Jul 11, 2012
Sing a song of pple walkin down d road...pple wit dia #bla bla bla# up and down dey go...
Sing a song of pple who lyk 2 come nd go...pple who jst hurry nd nva look at yhu....can anybdy rememba? ah loved dis poem stil recite it naw smiley
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Heymus(m): 2:37am On Jul 11, 2012
Yeeesss!!! I cud rememba mr. & mrs Bako, 2. Ali goes 2sch. 3. Dis particular pic. Of a woman dat. Wanted 2throw her baby 2geda wit bathing water. 4. The pic. Of a lying dog. It was here i first heard "let lie d sleeping dog. 5. Idi ti imu ijapa seri kanbo(d reason d tortoise noise looks flat) i luv all d comprehension abt. tortoise.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by promire2004(f): 5:37am On Jul 11, 2012
fippycbk:
This is the key to d kingdom
In that kingdom, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a city
In that city, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a town
In that town, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
street
In that street, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a lane
In that lane, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a yard
In that house, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a house
In that house, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a room
In that room, there ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a bed
On that bed. There ɪ̣̝̇
S̤̥̈̊
a basket
Inside d basket, there are some flowers
Flowers in the basket
Basket on the bed...and so on
Bed in d room, room in the house, house in the yard, yard in d lane, lane in the street, street in the town, town in the city, city in the kingdom, to that kingdom this is the key.....
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Abbycite(m): 6:11am On Jul 11, 2012
Damn! That was d good old days...memories
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by crackhouse(m): 7:36am On Jul 11, 2012
Isaactop9: who lives in the town of lagoon whic is not far frm ibadan.
that's Agbo
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by jslimz(f): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2012
Wow!!! What a way to start my day #smiling #
Omoh!!!! See good memories. My cramming skills weren't so good.
I'm enjoying every bit of this thread.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by elcatino: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2012
Mr Giwa is a shopkeeper,he has a shop in Lawal's village.......................to be contd.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by elcatino: 8:44am On Jul 11, 2012
Even Pinochio and Jimmny Cricket aint bad at al
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by cracky2(m): 9:04am On Jul 11, 2012
the school poultry farm, the boys, the stollen egg and the snake
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by StellaBella(f): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
Abbycite: Damn! That was d good old days...memories
I miss those days..
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by K08(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mr Bako is a shop keeper. I think this should be in N.O.E.C book 2. Ah Nostalgia!!
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by K08(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
K.08:
Mr Bako is a shop keeper. I think this should be in N.O.E.C book 2. Ah Nostalgia!!
sorry, Mr Giwa is a shop keeper...
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by realsammie(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
i also miss ILESANMI SOCIAL STUDIES, ILESANMI HEALTH EDUCATION, ILESANMI PRIMARY SCIENCE etc i also remember primary 5 oxford english reader of mr & mrs bako tyring to go round nigeria (i remember chapter 5: ibadan the sight of a big city)
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
Abeg... Una no read SUGAR GIRL?
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by othenok(f): 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
In a country far away from Nigeria, their lived a man whose name was Ali. Ali was a lazy man..............
Good ol days
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Damilorlah(m): 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
"ise agbe ni se ile wa eni ko sise a ma ja le,iwe kiko laisi oko ati ada jo yi pe o,koyi pe o" ALAWIYE
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nauttyprof(m): 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
I remeber the journey to Ikot-ekpene..... the boy who was travelling home for holiday
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 12, 2012
cecegorz: Wow!
I still faintly remeber the Ali and the visiting Angel's story!
That should be Oford English I guess.
Dude got a seat and a pair of slippers set in his room.
Called up the whole community that an Angel is on a visit and that only the righteous ones can see him
So each person will go in privately and commune with the Angel, when you come out, you'll describe his appearance
If you come out and say there is nobody on the seat, then you are a sinner and couldn't see the Angel.
Can't even remember how the prank ended. My little mind then couldn't grasp the lesson.

Yes! After the first prank,where everyone supposedly saw the angel, Ali went to the chiefs house bent over carrying a “coat”, claiming the angel sent it as a gift for the chief because he had been the most righteous of all. Ofcourse, just like the angel had been, the coat was invisible to “sinners”. The chief wore the angels coat, his subjects commended its beauty {they couldn't admit that they didn't see any coat}, and Ali waited around for his reward.
The chief`s wife, however, risked being called a sinner. She told the chief Ali was playing everyone.The chief, at first, didn't believe her but then she asked him to hold the invisible coat accross his arms and placed a coin on it. The coin fell to the floor. The chief was seriously embarrassed!
After that she suggested that Ali be paid back in his own “coin”. The king called an assembly, his vizier came in bent over carrying an invisible but apparently large pouch of gold coins that only the righteous could see. It was given to Ali, who could not now say that he didn't see the money. He left the palace carrying his gains and everyone laughed at him.
Do you get the moral now? I used to love this story it is kinda sophisticated and deeper than a story should be for a primary 4 reader. Or maybe not.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by FXGBUG: 9:35am On Jul 12, 2012
I remember Gandoki well. "I am Gandoki the father of Garba Gandoki the warship of the muslims i live a charm life"
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2012
joshua idibia: I remember gandoki that forces people to convert to islam or die.... our very own first boko haram...
you damn right! this load of crap was being taught in schools and they are surprised we have people like namfav and nagoma
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Joedreamer: 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
[s][/I Can remember Idris Aluuma who fought bravely after the death of his father (the king) under the care of his mother Princess Aika of kanem]

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by AjenaviMark(m): 12:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Agbo lived in the town of Lagun...

Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by felai: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
ayandee: I know this story. It's in the Nigerian Oxford English Course reader
grin good i like that
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by samsedi(m): 4:13am On Apr 01, 2015
What about Tea without Sugar? Anybody remember that?
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by osituga: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
Old Roger is dead
And gone to his grave
(Incline head to right, rest head
on hands pressed together on right cheek)

Hm, ha,
(Hands down, head erect,
nod head forward on 'hm', backward on 'ha')

Gone to his grave
(Incline head to right, rest head
on hands pressed together on right cheek)

They planted an apple tree
Over his head
(Clasp hands over head)

Hm, ha,
(Hands down, head erect,
nod head forward on 'hm', backward on 'ha')

Over his head.
(Clasp hands over head)

Tytguy:
guys who remembers the poem abt OLD ROGERS or that of KOFI AND THE GHOST?
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by asumaga(m): 5:27am On Apr 23, 2016
You Will Remember Me.
This is the title of the story-You will remember me. One day a
a hunter killed a deer. He couldn't carry the deer home without
slaughtering and dressing it. He looked around him and there was no knife
to do this essential job. He was confused and helpless as there was no option
left before him. There were no neighbors to ask and home was days
away from where he was. He was now contemplating whether to abandon the deer
and let it rot away and go home that takes days. Behold a sojourner carrying
a big bag flung on his shoulders. They both exchanged greetings and
and pleasantries. Instantly they became brothers and not just friends. Why
won't they in that lonely forest? Well, the sojourner got to know that his brother needed
a knife to skin and slaughter the deer. He brought out a knife to
to the greatest amazement of his brother-friend. In no time, he skinned the
animal and slaughtered it to pieces that he could now carry it home.
He cleaned the knife, handed it back to his brother and thanked him
graciously. He then skillfully lifted his bag, flung it on his shoulders and bid his
brother-friend farewell. The sojourner took his knife back into his travelling bag.
As the hunter walked majestically away without the thought of giving him a piece
of meat, he called him and told him; my brother, you will remember me.
They both parted their ways. As they journyed to their homes, every now and then, the
statement "You will remember me" keeps sounding and reverberating
in his mind. At a point, he became hysterical to himself and to people around him. You will remember me.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by wehdone(m): 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
meetmeonline:

I remember this 90% well

Down by the river side the green grass grows
There sit Nene, washing her clothes
She sings, she sings
She sings so sweet
She calls to her playmates in the streets
Playmates! playmates! wont you come for tea
(****when our Nigeria was still good****)
Come next Sunday at half past three
....****NEPA take light here*****
Won't we have a lovely time at have past three

**Tea, cake, pancake, anyone you wish...
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by Mastergt96: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2020
[code][/code]
buoye1:
Agbo lives in the town of lagoon,which is not far from ibadan.Agbo was very lucky because his parents were rich his parent bought him a wrist watch and Agbo was very proud of it.
Re: What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? by oyonu(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2020
meetmeonline:

Town of lagoon? which reader was that?
Agbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) / 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) / Canadian Province, British Columbia Announces Two-Year Ban On Nigerians, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.