Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag (4756 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / 2009 Euromoney Awards Names Gtb Best Bank In Nigeria - Times Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by ambrosini593(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) plc has been named the Best Bank in Nigeria by Euromoney magazine, for the fourth consecutive year.

The award was presented in London earlier this month at the 2012 Euromoney Awards for Excellence Dinner, which recognised the excellence of financial institutions around the world.

Clive Horwood, editor of Euromoney, described the fourth consecutive award for GTB as an unprecedented feat and an indication of its position as a first class institution.

GTB Group Managing Director and CEO Segun Agbaje attributed the firm’s success to its well-defined strategy and the passion and commitment of its staff.

At the same awards ceremony Banco Santander received the award for Best Bank in the World, the third time the Spanish financial institution has won the award in the last seven years.

www.bankingtimes.co.uk/2012/07/10/gtb-named-best-bank-in-nigeria-2/
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
Good for them. Again. Just what have they got that other banks haven't? (x4). Think I should open an account with them.
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by megxo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
dats me bank

cheesy
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by feelamong(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
what is all this award about? Does this mean they will allow me to overdraw my account if need be? sad
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
They need to increase their number of branches. The existing branches are now almost always spilling with customers, you stay on long queues even if u want to pay or withdraw with their pinpad. I don't like avoidable waste of time.
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by chosen04(f): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
I hope what happened to OCEANIC BANK after winning FINANCIAL TIMES OF LONDON award for 3 consecutive years wont happen to them?

1 Like

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by inspirenet: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
1supremo: They need to increase their number of branches. The existing branches are now almost always spilling with customers, you stay on long queues even if u want to pay or withdraw with their pinpad. I don't like avoidable waste of time.

undecided
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by Sijo01(f): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
dem try! hope they keep the flag flying
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by antitpiah: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
Yoruba intelligentsia at work.

Yoruba lead Ibo follow-follow
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by Sijo01(f): 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
1supremo: They need to increase their number of branches. The existing branches are now almost always spilling with customers, you stay on long queues even if u want to pay or withdraw with their pinpad. I don't like avoidable waste of time.

true talk...not their customer though but i noticed your point each time i visit.
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by amumex: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
WOW!!!! Bravo GTB my favorite bank in Naija
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by Sijo01(f): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
antitpiah: Yoruba intelligentsia at work.

Tribalism is a disease.

1 Like

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by lacasa: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2012

​ so​, all the directors, bank staff, share-holders, customers, dat make Gtb r Yoruba

#u r ​ so​ foolish its amazing

1 Like

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by antitpiah: 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

​ so​, all the directors, bank staff, share-holders, customers, dat make Gtb r Yoruba

#u r ​ so​ foolish its amazing

Olusegun Agbaje - Managing Director - Ogidi Yoruba
Cathy Echeozo - Deputy Managing Director - Affirmative Action Board member aka In-house slut
Demola Odeyemi - Executive Director - Authentically Yoruba
Wale Oyedeji - Executive Director - Well Bred Omo Yoruba
Omotola Olutola - Executive Director - Yoruba tokan tokan
Mr Oluwole Odeyemi - Chairman of the Board - Olori Oko ( A proud son of Odua)

2 Likes

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by neosmyt(m): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
am glad, nigerian bank is being recognized
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by antitpiah: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
neosmyt: am glad, nigerian bank is being recognized

POC: Yoruba bank. On this one, let each person answer hin papa name.
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by feelamong(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2012

Why should they increase the branch networkare you not aware of Electronic platforms and internet banking?

You should better stop risking ur self in the bank and also stop spending valuable time in bank queques...In the next decade there might be no need for any brick and mortar branches anymore!

BTW i do visit my branh whenever i want to set my eyes on those skimply dressed marketers.. tongue
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by kaiter: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
The existing branches are now almost always spilling with customers, you stay on long queues even if u want to pay or withdraw with their pinpad.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by gidiMonsta(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
antitpiah:

@ all PLEASE IGNORE THIS PHOOL. I am so ashamed to call him my yoruba brother.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by antitpiah: 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
feelamong:

Why should they increase the branch networkare you not aware of Electronic platforms and internet banking?

You should better stop risking ur self in the bank and also stop spending valuable time in bank queques...In the next decade there might be no need for any brick and mortar branches anymore!

BTW i do visit my branh whenever i want to set my eyes on those skimply dressed marketers.. tongue

LOL. Well, in the next few decades i foresee a world with less brick and mortar houses. Why build when we can all live on the internet or trees. What a /f/u/c/k/t/a/r/d . . . By the way, are you Ibo?

2 Likes

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by ideaz: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
Excellence and success have never had a tribe. Do you really need to pay someone to teach you this?
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by elampiro(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
antitpiah:

Be careful. If the Ibo people pull out their money, we will see how the bank can stand.
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by PaulJohn1: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
antitpiah:

Olusegun Agbaje - Managing Director - Ogidi Yoruba
Cathy Echeozo - Deputy Managing Director - Affirmative Action Board member aka In-house slut
Demola Odeyemi - Executive Director - Authentically Yoruba
Wale Oyedeji - Executive Director - Well Bred Omo Yoruba
Omotola Olutola - Executive Director - Yoruba tokan tokan
Mr Oluwole Odeyemi - Chairman of the Board - Olori Oko ( A proud son of Odua)

And what have you achieved by posting this trash? Too bad we have this type of people as yoruba embarassed

1 Like

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by dabrake(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
by 11pm, there will still be queue, lining up to withdraw cash via ATM
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by PaulJohn1: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
dabrake:
by 11pm, there will still be queue, lining up to withdraw cash via ATM

Lolz, bro u no try o grin
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by chucky234(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
My bank and I, GTB always.

1 Like

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by Wislet(f): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2012

check yourself.
Too much inferiority complex inside u.
Pity.
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by kolexy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2012

This isn't right!
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by ODB1: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
GTB is not only the best bank but the only functional institution in Nigeria

I don't bank with them but have done several transactions with them. I wonder why I am not operating with them?
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by greall1: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
You course walla here again

Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by 4chi: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
[quote author=Wislet]check yourself.
Too much inferiority complex inside u.
STFU.....Ibos will do worse. In any case, gtb is as much a Yoruba bank as diamond/fidelity is an ibo bank. So, what's your problem if he is proud about that?
Re: GTB Named Best Nigerian Bank By Euromoney Mag by Bluediamond1(f): 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
GTB noni,i rep dat bank abeg evn though there r tyms dey tend 2annoy u bt i can tell u,its far better dan wen i was usin oceanic now ecobank.opend an acct wit GTB n got my ATM within 2wks,stayed wit oceanic 5yrs bt ish....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bank Of Industry Disburses N36.82bn In 9 Months / Clearing Agent / Supplier Wholesale Jewelry Buy To Resell Start Ur Business 08121810749 Wtsp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.