Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,967 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Can One Lead A Perfectly Rigtheous Life In This Times....! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Lead A Perfectly Rigtheous Life In This Times....! (606 Views)

“God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / David Ibiyeomie. {a King In This Times} / Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Lead A Perfectly Rigtheous Life In This Times....! by lorenzos1: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
The christian life requires one to be holy all times in all of ones endeavours...but considering the form of temptation one is faced with this days..my question is...Is it really realistic that a man can lead a life free from sin in this our time...! I would giv examples
For example the Bible shuns any form of bribery aand even usury...u av to be slow to speak aand quick to listen..your utterances have to be holy and without lie and deceit..the kind of music you listen to has to be one that glorifies God at all times, alcoholism is ungodly,any form of fornication is an abomination,even self service is condemned,no form of inordinate affection is allowed btw u and your woman until you get married and we aaall know marriage is now for the rich,once you are saved it is your responsibility to win new souls or their blood would be in hands if they die unsaved while u culd av saved them..the list is endless...sometimes I feel a strong conviction for some of the things I do..but is it realistic in this time..I know it takes Grace...need honest openions..!
Re: Can One Lead A Perfectly Rigtheous Life In This Times....! by MrAnony1(m): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; t it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Romans 6:1-2

1 Like

Re: Can One Lead A Perfectly Rigtheous Life In This Times....! by okeyxyz(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
There are two things most christians mix errorneously, which are "righteousness" and "good works". They are different from each other. You don't need good works to be righteous, you don't need to be a "good man". your faith in the death & resurrection of christ sets you free from sin, that's what makes you "born-again" and as long as you believe, you remain righteous without any extra efforts. You literally cannot sin.

Now, after righteousness which comes by faith, you then need to do "good works" in order to prosper in life. your prosperity comes by works/efforts, which is helped by faith to produce that spiritual intervention. So a man who steals money has not sinned against god, your righteousness cannot be tarnished, your stealing does not disqualify you as a christian, but it's an unprofitable and dangerous lifestyle to live. thus the saying: "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.(1 cor 10:23), So you fall foul of the law, you get caught, your reputation tarnished, you go to jail or you are probably killed, but your righteousness is still intact.
Re: Can One Lead A Perfectly Rigtheous Life In This Times....! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
righteousness is a facade

(1) (Reply)

Comparing The Cross With The Moon And The Star Symbol / The Day / Has Goshen Gone Apostate ? Is He Now Residing In The Valley Of The Dry Bones ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.